• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Yeah..

as7zS.jpg

Though I wouldn't mind that red one... have a regular white one too. :p

Shit, if you assume all of the upcoming RPGs for 2012 are launched in the first six months, Xenoblade is actually entering a quite crowded battleground.

- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Mass Effect 3
- Tales of Graces F
- Tales of the Abyss
- Ni No Kuni
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- The Last Story (I think this was rumored to launch in February for Europe)
- Final Fantasy Type-0
- Monster Hunter Tri G
- Pandora's Tower

Maybe that promotion is to help make it stand out compared to the more known franchises that may launch within that window.
Hopefully we'll be able to add Earth Seeker to that list (c'mon Xseed!).

GameE

Yea peeps, you shouldnt watch that trailer since it has a lot of spoilers and late game bosses and stuff like that

Foffy

Banned
Hopefully we'll be able to add Earth Seeker to that list (c'mon Xseed!).

Wasn't that game fan translated? I know a project started not even three weeks after the game launched, so I assume the translator felt the game had no chance in hell for being localized. ;_;

Shit, if you assume all of the upcoming RPGs for 2012 are launched in the first six months, Xenoblade is actually entering a quite crowded battleground.

- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Mass Effect 3
- Tales of Graces F
- Tales of the Abyss
- Ni No Kuni
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Final Fantasy Type-0
- Monster Hunter Tri G
- Pandora's Tower

Maybe that promotion is to help make it stand out compared to the more known franchises that may launch within that window.

All of them?

South Park RPG (if I assume what you said)
The Witcher 2 Xbox 360 Edition
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Risen 2
Dragon's Dogma

I'm telling ya it's all a conspiracy so Nintendo could get Zelda more Wii GOTY awards for '11.

Seriously now it's a game worthy of all the hype, and I barely ever agree with hype and was disappointed with all the blockbusters played this winter (Uncharted, Zelda, Batman... I could go on).

Ifrit

Ok wait a second, Everyone keeps saying that you NEED a CC Pro, Can't you play this with the regular CC?

I thought they were the same

ElFly

- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Mass Effect 3
- Tales of Graces F
- Tales of the Abyss
- Ni No Kuni
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Final Fantasy Type-0
- Monster Hunter Tri G
- Pandora's Tower

Yeah, Xenoblade will have a hard time competing with Xenoblade Chronicles.

So what's happening is that you're "teaching them a lesson" by proving their stance... in the first place?

Who's "them"? Nintendo? The poster you quoted me sarcastically responding to?

I'm obviously not going to make a difference, there's enough enthusiasts in this thread alone who are going to double-dip regardless of how long NoA shuffled their feet over this. I just don't care to be referred to as a screaming "retard" because I don't like the way NoA has handled this title so far.

KingK

Totally worth the asking price. Best controller this gen.

Edit:
The 3DS. And yes, ToG F is for PS3.
Cool, I'll have to pick that up when I eventually get a 3DS. Also didn't realize ToG F was coming out too soon. It's been forever since I played a Tales game. I never played Vesperia because I don't own a 360, and my friends that do have them hate JRPGs. I've been really close to buying one just for that game on multiple occasions, but I can't afford to support another system, lol.

$20, but it's fantastic for emulation and stuff if you connect it with a USB adapter or a Wiimote via bluetooth.

$20 isn't bad. I might try to get one eventually.

Foffy

Banned
Yeah, Xenoblade will have a hard time competing with Xenoblade Chronicles.

Pfft, I didn't put it in there as a separate game. I listed in there just to show what else is potentially coming out pretty soon, to show it may get a little crowded. :p

N4Us

Cool.

Now maybe this will kill off all the "Why are NOA bringing this over and not Xenoblade??" crap in various Nintendo threads.

esserius

Banned
Cool.

Now maybe this will kill off all the "Why are NOA bringing this over and not Xenoblade??" crap in various Nintendo threads.
No, it just transfers to "why aren't NOA bringing over The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Reginleiv, Another Code R, Disaster Day of Crisis?"

Foffy

Banned
No, it just transfers to "why aren't NOA bringing over The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Reginleiv, Another Code R, Disaster Day of Crisis?"

If you're going to bring up Disaster, then you can go back to the start of this generation to find notable games they omitted.

Missing a Zelda spinoff is kind of a big deal, even if it's about Tingle. ):

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Are other news places giving credit to Square Triangle and Daegan at least?

Neogaf > Internet > Neogaf

I have my sealed imported copy on the couch next to me. I might double dip anyways lol.

I already have the European Bundle, but I am thinking about buying it to support it so MAYBE they will get it through their heads we WANT Last Story too.

esserius

Banned
If you're going to bring up Disaster, then you can go back to the start of this generation to find notable games they omitted.

Missing a Zelda spinoff is kind of a big deal, even if it's about Tingle. ):
Which is probably something that should reasonably be done, if they are suddenly bringing these games over with little explanation as to why (though I assume it has something to do with insane copyright agreements/voice actor royalties/general wankery).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm not even sure my Modded Wii is already equipped to run my imported copy or if there is something extra I have to do.

NOA could have a solid Wii 2012 lineup if they play their cards right.

March: Rhythm Heaven Fever

April: Xenoblade Chronicles

May: Mario Party 9

June: The Last Story

July: Poképark 2: Beyond the World

August: Pandora's Tower

September: Kiki Trick? (assuming this gets localised)

October: Dragon Quest 10? (NOA could make it happen if they wanted to!)

Not a bad send off at all, and it sets a good foundation for the Wii U's launch in November 2012 (especially with DQ 10, seen as it's getting a Wii U version released soon after the Wii one. Good way to migrate Wii owners over to Wii U!)

They could even fill it up with a few extras (Disaster DOC and Another Code R) that would really beef up their efforts if they want to...

Lingitiz

I can see TLS coming over during the summer but I'm not sure about Pandora's Tower.

March: Rhythm Heaven Fever

April: Xenoblade Chronicles

May: Mario Party 9

June: The Last Story

July: Poképark 2: Beyond the World

August: Pandora's Tower

September: Kiki Trick? (assuming this gets localised)

October: Dragon Quest 10? (NOA could make it happen if they wanted to!)

Not a bad send off at all, and it sets a good foundation for the Wii U's launch in November 2012 (especially with DQ 10, seen as it's getting a Wii U version released soon after the Wii one!)
That's a nice last year for the Wii if you ask me. Add in the nice 3DS lineup, and then the WiiU launch and it would be a good year.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Hopefully they do the controller bundle and pack in the soundtrack, but I'm not going to be picky.
I'm planning to stop by a GameStop sometime this weekend to do my duty, but I'm somewhat weary that Nintendo might end up doing something a little interesting for people pre-ordering from their website (is this the first time they're doing this?).

metalgearsalute.jpg

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
So... Can you translate the second Fire Emblem DS game and make it Gamestop exclusive Reggie? Because I'd really like to finish the damn story. The DS is still alive you know.

Who am I kidding that's almost impossible as a Mother 3 translation and release... Now I'm double sad, but I guess buying Xeno will make things better.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even sure my Modded Wii is already equipped to run my imported copy or if there is something extra I have to do.

Need a region-free app, from my experience CFG actually worked better than Gecko, but Gecko is significantly easier to get running. Just download it and put it in the apps folder on your SD card.
Hopefully they do the controller bundle and pack in the soundtrack, but I'm not going to be picky.

I'd love the soundtrack (it's huge though, 4 discs?) but that artbook would be the best thing they could give us. I'm not expecting anything though, just the game.

So... Can you translate the second Fire Emblem DS game and make it Gamestop exclusive Reggie? Because I'd really like to finish the damn story. The DS is still alive you know.

Who am I kidding that's almost impossible as a Mother 3 translation and release... Now I'm double sad, but I guess buying Xeno will make things better.

http://fe12ds.blogspot.com/

Probably your best bet since FE11 bombed. Already imported my copy.

zigg

I'm planning to stop by a GameStop sometime this weekend to do my duty, but I'm somewhat weary that Nintendo might end up doing something a little interesting for people pre-ordering from their website (is this the first time they're doing this?)
I'm trying to recall how Electroplankton was sold. I think it was GameStop online-only and Nintendo Store, but it might not have been a preorder situation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm planning to stop by a GameStop sometime this weekend to do my duty, but I'm somewhat weary that Nintendo might end up doing something a little interesting for people pre-ordering from their website (is this the first time they're doing this?).

metalgearsalute.jpg

Don't recall them doing that. If anything, it'll probably end up being a Club Nintendo reward for the soundtrack.

xzoowy

Canadians can order through the GS website, shipping isn't cheap though. I think you can also order from NOA's web shop, even though they have a Canadian one. You should be fine.
Ordering with GS is quite expensive indeed, Ive ordered my ZeldaLE not so long ago and there where 15$ shipping and 20$ custom fees... . I think Nintendo.com might be a better option for people living in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom