• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

Cep

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
So when exactly are we gonna go back to talking about Xenoblade and not how wrong you are?

Not much to talk about.

I do think that I should leave the thread before duck bans me though.

Bel Marduk said:
No offense, but do you have anything better to than complain about the art all the time? No one cares. Just saying.

Wait until this comes out, then you can criticize him again when he complains about whatever grinding the game has. : )

ILikeFeet

Banned
yea, the animations are strange and this game certainly won't win any good graphic scores, but if the game is as good as I hope it is, then I'm fine :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
I don't think there's going to be another Iwata Asks column for Xenoblade. The next thing should be the Creator's Voice article which will probably feature Takahashi alone talking about the game.
Aw. :(

I hope they do a feature for it in June's N.O.M. too then.

Endless

4628088833_3551626217_o.jpg

4628691922_c48c66c753_o.jpg

4628691748_29d2387fcd_o.jpg

4628691578_c04ab695c3_o.jpg

4628088675_b5124c2e9e_o.jpg

4628692060_59c003a8e0_o.jpg

4628089149_70f1a01cbb_o.jpg

4628089237_984bfe9f35_o.jpg

4628692260_1f2cb97da2_o.jpg

4628089383_28701622b1_o.jpg

4628692424_36547f940f_o.jpg

4628692484_2fdee22541_o.jpg

4628692532_d73ae7060a_o.jpg

Carna <3

Btw I noticed at the beginning of the new video where he was jumping at the beginning he took damage from falling but then as he was running his HP gradually recovered.

Shirokun

Bel Marduk said:
Carna <3

Btw I noticed at the beginning of the new video where he was jumping at the beginning he took damage from falling but then as he was running his HP gradually recovered.

I wonder if that means that you auto-recover after battles, too.

I still wish the battle system required more player input, but to the point that they wanted to make things feel like an offline MMORPG (didn't Takashi say this at one point?) they obviously succeeded. I suppose if you can pour dozens of hours into a game like WoW or FFXI, there should be little to complain about.

And I like the jumping. Reminds me of Xenogears, exaggerated 'floatiness' and all. Babel Tower redux, anyone? :D

About the battle system...I know normal attacks are automated but are arts automated too once you select over them or do you always have to manually use them?

duckroll

Bel Marduk said:
About the battle system...I know normal attacks are automated but are arts automated too once you select over them or do you always have to manually use them?

Yes they're always manual. It's exactly like using a skill in a MMORPG. The artes also have specific requirements before they can be used. Some are only available if you're on the side of the target, or if you're at the back of the target, etc.

duckroll said:
Yes they're always manual. It's exactly like using a skill in a MMORPG. The artes also have specific requirements before they can be used. Some are only available if you're on the side of the target, or if you're at the back of the target, etc.

Good then :) I want to have control instead of things being automated. Well at least only normal attacks are though I think they should've left normal attacks manual too. But whatever.

Shirokun

kenji said:
can anyone translate the info of the website? there seems to be a lot of customization elements :0[/QUOTE]

Why not just wait a day or so for Anoop's update. Also, it would help if you wouldn't post the same pics that are just five posts above.

kenji

Shirokun said:
Why not just wait a day or so for Anoop's update. Also, it would help if you wouldn't post the same pics that are just five posts above.
Did I kill someone with posting the images again? Oh man I'm so sorry.
I can even wait until the game is released, i was just curious, that's all

ILikeFeet

Banned
4628088833_3551626217_o.jpg

real time clothing! :> I guess this image was taken at different times of the (game) day. it makes me hope of a camera option like in Crystal Bearers (I should pick that up soon) and PokePark

4628691748_29d2387fcd_o.jpg

BOOBIES <3

duckroll

Game looks really good. There are a good amount of systems in the game which look like there's a lot of depth to them, and the variety in equipment customization looks pretty solid. Lots of very user-friendly stuff too like instant location landmark teleports and the being able to set and change the time of day at any time instead of waiting.

duckroll

Well it does show the different types of Monado Arts that the Monado itself can do: Monado Shield, Monado Speed, Monado Enchant. Lulz.

B.K. said:
Yeah, but it looks like the game is up to #3 on Famitsu's most wanted list.

Doesn't mean much, but we'll see.

duckroll said:
Well it does show the different types of Monado Arts that the Monado itself can do: Monado Shield, Monado Speed, Monado Enchant. Lulz.

Monado Cheese Grater?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I felt like I shouldn't have watched those commercials before I played the game, but I'm glad they didn't use Mitsuda's piece. I think maybe I should go on a blackout now, I already know I want the game.

The introduction trailer was great though, it showed a lot of new stuff too but not too much of the story stuff.

Endless said:
Looking at that screenshot, I have to say if this doesn't have co-op multiplayer then it will be a crime against humanity.

I know, it probably won't have it for god knows what reason. :(

edit: just watched the intro trailer. This looks like the perfect candidate for a co-op multiplayer RPG. They WILL implement it. Must... believe.

TunaLover

Cep said:
*Insert comment about game's shitty character art/models here*

Anyway, that trailer looks good.

We know you don't like character art/models, but it's really necessary repeat the same thing over and over?

B.K.

PounchEnvy said:
I bet the endgame will lead to the reactivation of the giants. One of which you will somehow control.

I don't know. The original title for the game was Monado: The Beginning of the World. It's probably more likely that somehow the gods are destroyed and a new world is created for humanity and the machines to live on together.

Shirokun

B.K. said:
I don't know. The original title for the game was Monado: The Beginning of the World. It's probably more likely that somehow the gods are destroyed and a new world is created for humanity and the machines to live on together.

Yeah, it always seemed to me like the game was just you playing through a creation myth. The prologue for a larger series of games, perhaps? :D

ivysaur12

Banned
Oh god, I'm so hyped for this game. Monolith can do no wrong (complete lies, but just humor my hype).

EDIT: Wow. It seems like there's a mini Majora's Mask-type relationship chart for the NPCs in the main town. Awesome.

Top Bottom