• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Endless said:
There is a new commercial: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/tvcm/index2.html

c0a998f5.jpg

Does anyone know how can I rip the .flv from that site?

GACCCCKKKKKKTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

sfried

DarkPanda said:
Thanks! This game sounds more and more awesome all the time. I just hope it ends up being more than one of those "ok" RPGs that languish on store shelves and nobody ever talks about (I'm looking at you, Crystal Bearers!).
Oh God, don't remind me. I just finished Crystal Bearers and was wondering "Why isn't anybody talking about it? It's a pretty good game!".

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ivysaur12 said:
Hmm.... wha? His/her face looks normal!
Is it, it's a CG scene with a real person. There's a 3D model on the site that shows what she looks like in game.

(WARNING: potential late story spoilers)
I think it's pretty obvious that's Fiorung, she was a mecha in one of the previous commercials and she's not in any of the screens past a certain level including one that shows the whole party. Black Face = Mumuca looks pretty obvious too.

Honestly I think the core gameplay looks like it's merging Soma Bringer's button-based skill/item system with Xenosaga 2/3's positioning gameplay. Now all the skills/items are on a bar at the bottom of the screen since it wouldn't work with the Wii's normal controller, but it's nothing entirely unlike what's done in other modern Diablo clones either though (even the offline ones). They added automatic normal attacks because you need some time to get in the right position and choose a what you want to do, but they look about as effective as the normal attacks in Xenosaga 3. I'm sure you can rely on it to get through battles with low-level monsters later on in the game, but early on using skills will be more effective. I just hope it's fun, not too slow (or at least not off-pace), and works well in real-time with all the new stuff they're adding.

Between the plot and some of the basics of the gameplay I wonder if when Nintendo said they wanted to make a game for fans of RPGs they meant to say they wanted to make a game for fans of RPGs from Takahashi's team. :lol I mean even if I'm off about the plot and it doesn't have as many cut-scenes as Xenosaga it still looks completely crazy Takahashi-style. I can't wait for impressions from those importing/getting this game. :D

sfried

Midway through the spot, Watanabe says something along the lines of "I want you to use this body as much as you want," a phrase that Nintendo says has great significance in the game.
"Nintendo is kiddy" my ass.

Bentendo

B.K. said:
Looks like Monolithsoft didn't give Famitsu enough money.

9/9/9/9.

That's awesome. This game is actually going to be good.

Oh, and obligatory "Not sure if serious" in regards to suggesting that it's a low score.
And it wouldn't be Monolith who would give Famitsu money... it would have been Nintendo.

BlazingDarkness said:
The character design sucks ass, good game or not.
Of course it sucks ass, it's customizable, there's no need to put much effort if you change it after 5 minutes of gameplay.

It's not something you will be stuck with.

Shirokun

Damn! I expected this game to get a 32, perhaps. At least Famitsu is the paragon of quality when it comes to reviewing games. (FFXIII? :lol )

Seriously though, is this the highest scoring game out of Monolithsoft to date?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
B.K. said:
Looks like Monolithsoft didn't give Famitsu enough money.

9/9/9/9.

Damn, wouldn't mind some translation for that review. Interested in what they say about the storyline.:D

Wow a Wii RPG got a 36/40 from Famitsu :O

I hope it comes to the US. I mean sure they showed it at E3 last year as Monado but they did that with Disaster and we never got it. Also, it should come over here with the name Xenoblade, not Monado.

cacildo

ivysaur12 said:
You're not banned yet?

Nah.
And so what if im happy that after 3 years we finally seeing a new Wii Rpg?

And a good one too, according to Famitsu (but the comments here about famitsu selling higher scores made me a little suspicious)

Top Bottom