• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

Akai

cacildo said:
And a good one too, according to Famitsu (but the comments here about famitsu selling higher scores made me a little suspicious)

I can't believe anyone would insinuate that Ninty, of all publishers, would pay money for 9s...

We at RedSunGamer will be livestreaming Xenoblade on the 10th of June here in Japan at around 7pm. The RedSunGamer crew will be streaming for around 3/4 hours, we'll also be doing live-on-the-fly-translations as well taking your questions and answering them to the best of our ability. You can find our live stream at Justin.tv

Time zone:

Thursday 10th June 2010 - 7pm JST
Thursday 10th June 2010 - 11am GMT
Thursday 10th June 2010 - 6am (New York time)
Thursday 10th June 2010 - 5am (Central standard time)
Thursday 10th June 2010 - 3am (San Francisco)

RedSunGamer Podcast

carlo6529

MidnightScott said:
Wow a Wii RPG got a 36/40 from Famitsu :O

I hope it comes to the US. I mean sure they showed it at E3 last year as Monado but they did that with Disaster and we never got it. Also, it should come over here with the name Xenoblade, not Monado.

Am I the only one that likes Monado better?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Shalashaska161 said:
I'm glad to hear there is a good game to go along with that pretty overworld. Can't wait for this to come to NA.
The jury is still out on that really. I'd wait for some detailed impressions before deciding, it's not like Famitsu has any real merit.

B.K. said:
Don't watch that trailer, jj984jj. It has even more of Mitsuda's theme song.
TY, I'll skip that trailer.

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/interview/sx4j/vol2/index.html

Producer: Shingo Kawabata
Supervising Director/Scenario: Tetsuya Takahashi
Director: Keiichi Ono
Script: Yuichiro Takeda

Bailing out of this thread forever. :(

Let's see...

Yuichiro Takeda's credits (mobygames seems to be down, but there's nothing videogame related on imdb):

Staff in:
Banner of the Stars (TV) : Screenplay
Banner of the Stars II (TV) : Screenplay, Series Supervision
Black Cat (TV) : Script
Brave King GaoGaiGar Final Grand Glorious Gathering (TV) : Script
Gin-iro no Olynssis (TV) : Series Composition, Script, Screenplay
Infinite Ryvius (TV) : Screenplay
Kyokujitsu no Kantai (OAV) : Screenplay
Nurse Angel Ririka SOS (TV) : Script (6 episodes)
Shin Cho Bakumatsu Shonen Seiki Takamaru (OAV) : Screenplay (eps 2, 4, 6)
Xenosaga: The Animation (TV) : Scenario, Script (Supervisor)
Zipang (TV) : Script

:lol :lol :lol

If it's not gonna be Saga, than at least be Koh Kojima.

Cep

Banned
Lafiel said:
Wasn't she rumored to be writing a another game though?

I thought the rumor was that she was writing a game and most just assumed that it was this one (for obvious reasons).

duckroll

LAST POST in this thread: Takeda wrote the script for Xenosaga I+II DS. That's when he first had anal sex with Takahashi. Just wanted to clarify that.

Cep

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
It's cause she also said something about Xenoblade on her twitter.

I dunno what it is she said, but I suppose it is not too big a stretch that she mentioned it.

Her husband is working on it after all...

-Oath

The more I see of the characters the more they look like martians.
That said I simply cannot wait for the game to launch.
Looks like massive amounts of sex.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ivysaur12 said:
Keiichi Ono is directing, so there is a chance Koh Kojima is working on this as well since they've worked together on every game so far. I don't know if he'd be writing though.

It doesn't really look like they have designated teams anymore, they just provide whatever is needed for a game. Though I suppose you might say they never really did have designated teams, things always did work this way which is partially why Xenosaga 2 turned out the way it did when they split the Xenosaga Episode I team and expanded. Shingo Kawabata was a battle designer on Xenosaga 3 and the director of Soma Bringer and now he's producing this game. I have no idea what to expect from the credits, but I remain interested as long as it's an RPG and Souichiro Morizumi isn't involved. :lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
ivysaur12 said:
Let's see...

Yuichiro Takeda's credits (mobygames seems to be down, but there's nothing videogame related on imdb):

Staff in:
Banner of the Stars (TV) : Screenplay
Banner of the Stars II (TV) : Screenplay, Series Supervision

Black Cat (TV) : Script
Brave King GaoGaiGar Final Grand Glorious Gathering (TV) : Script
Gin-iro no Olynssis (TV) : Series Composition, Script, Screenplay
Infinite Ryvius (TV) : Screenplay
Kyokujitsu no Kantai (OAV) : Screenplay
Nurse Angel Ririka SOS (TV) : Script (6 episodes)
Shin Cho Bakumatsu Shonen Seiki Takamaru (OAV) : Screenplay (eps 2, 4, 6)
Xenosaga: The Animation (TV) : Scenario, Script (Supervisor)
Zipang (TV) : Script

Awesome.

ivysaur12

Banned
jj984jj said:
Keiichi Ono is directing, so there is a chance Koh Kojima is working on this as well since they've worked together on every game so far. I don't know if he'd be writing though.

It doesn't really look like they have designated teams anymore, they just provide whatever is needed for a game. Though I suppose you might say they never really did have teams, things always did work this way which is why Xenosaga 2 turned out the way it did when split the Xenosaga Episode I team and expanded. Shingo Kawabata was a battle designer on Xenosaga 3 and the director of Soma Bringer and now he's producing this game. I have no idea what to expect from the credits now, but I remain interested as long as it's an RPG and Souichiro Morizumi isn't involved. :lol

Yeah, more Koh Kojima is definitely a good thing. I really hope he's involved.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
TruePrime said:
I agree Banner of the Stars was a good thing but GaoGaiGar doesn't exactly get me excited.
Or nurse angel rirka sos. (which he / she actually wrote the script for).:lol

I haven't seen GaoGaiGar, but IIRC that's suppose to be one of the best installments in the series.

Beth Cyra

Lafiel said:
Or nurse angel rirka sos. (which he / she actually wrote the script for).:lol

I haven't seen GaoGaiGar, but IIRC that's suppose to be one of the best installments in the series.

It very well might be. I stopped watching when they made it clear the annoying stupid brat with fairy wings was going to have a large role. Fucking can't handle shit with little kid main characters no more.

dili

I'm wondering if we'll see any characters in Xenoblade that resemble characters from Takahashi's past games the way Soma Bringer and of course Xenosaga had. That new girl from the commercial does remind me of KOS-MOS (without the long blue hair).

ReyVGM

MidnightScott said:
Wow a Wii RPG got a 36/40 from Famitsu :O

I hope it comes to the US. I mean sure they showed it at E3 last year as Monado but they did that with Disaster and we never got it. Also, it should come over here with the name Xenoblade, not Monado.

Famitsu gave a 10/9/9/7 to Tales of Symphonia 2 and 9/9/9/9 to Tales of Graces, both on the Wii.

A Xeno-series game from the guy who wrote the screenplay to Infinite Ryvius?
Good god... time to get excited. :D

Wait... this isn't Yousuke Kuroda.
Ah well... Banner of the Stars was decent too.

Shirokun

ivysaur12 said:
Let's see...

Yuichiro Takeda's credits

I'm disappointed that it's not Soraya Saga, but some of those titles listed above are quite good. Besides, Takahashi seems very particular about what goes into his games(the ones he has control over, anyway), so I this hasn't really killed my expectations

Shirokun

TruePrime said:
It very well might be. I stopped watching when they made it clear the annoying stupid brat with fairy wings was going to have a large role. Fucking can't handle shit with little kid main characters no more.

GaoGaiGar Final(which is what's listed) is supposed to be a fantastic work. I saw one episode YEARS ago, and it did seem quite entertaining, so take that as you will.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Shirokun said:
GaoGaiGar Final(which is what's listed) is supposed to be a fantastic work. I saw one episode YEARS ago, and it did seem quite entertaining, so take that as you will.

GGG Final is awesome.

Beth Cyra

Kintaro said:
GGG Final is awesome.

As I said originally it very well might be, he did work on Banner of the Stars which I very much enjoyed so him taking and making GaoGairGar better could have happened.

I just thought the Original was not to my liking and pretty much avoid anything with GaoGaiGar like the plague if possible.

Top Bottom