• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Ceravic

I want to look at this thread. I really do. But I must hold myself back. To all you beautiful, lucky creatures who get to play this early: I am so fucking jealous of you. Have double the fun for ol' Ceravic since I'm stuck behind the language barrier. I must bide my time and wait for the glorious day that I am blessed with this.

Pulling the trigger on grabbing the DL version shortly, gulp.

Is there a compiled list of NNIDs for online players handy?

(edit: I see the OT delivers, nvm)

zoobzone

I feel this game really shows the weakness in Wii U's gamepad battery life, I just switched to the Wii U Pro controller and the controller kept pressing the down key (common wireless controller problem for anything really)

I instinctively held down the power button on the controller thinking it would act like the Xbox or Playstation controllers which brings up the controller off option, it shut down the console and I lost my save. Feels really bummed :(

Advice for everyone to save frequent.

CDwSmClXIAAjJM-.jpg

It is done.

doraemoe

I feel this game really shows the weakness in Wii U's gamepad battery life, I just switched to the Wii U Pro controller and the controller kept pressing the down key (common wireless controller problem for anything really)

I instinctively held down the power button on the controller thinking it would act like the Xbox or Playstation controllers which brings up the controller off option, it shut down the console and I lost my save. Feels really bummed :(

Advice for everyone to save frequent.

Is this caused because Wii U automatically calibrate controller stick while it connected? Then there is a solution from Wii U manual:

To reset the neutral position, stop touching the control sticks, then press and hold the A, B, + and – Buttons for at least three seconds

RPGCrazied

Can you hide any of the UI elements? My WIi U is hooked to a 23" 1080p monitor, and I don't want the UI taking up most of the screen.

Okay this thread pretty much confirmed I seem to be a masochist, seeing this great OT, the info and screenshots and not knowing the EU release date hurts so much but also so good... :(

Have fun everyone playing right now! :D I just fear for my sanity, the last time I was this hyped for a game was probably SAO Hollow Fragment? I don't know but my hype for Xenoblade X transcended into another universe it's so big. I just hope I won't do something stupid should the US get the game way before the EU like buying a US Wii U... D:

TheMoon

Why have I just listened to a 2 Unlimited song?

looool did you listen to the whole thing?

reward yourself by clicking on the main banner, too ;D

Can you hide any of the UI elements? My WIi U is hooked to a 23" 1080p monitor, and I don't want the UI taking up most of the screen.

Yes, that is covered in the OP's FAQ incl. a translated pic!

Is the main character talking in the game or is he silent ?

Silent.

He has battle quotes.

Yes, the character has a voice during battle (you can pick a voice actor for that even).

TEAM! UNITE UP!

CDuNjkEUEAEj_Zj.jpg:orig

Oh God I was going to make Bayonetta but now I don't know what to do.

Does anyone know if the sidequesting logistics are a little more robust this time around? Being able to track quest-related people on your map, for example, or telling you how many Glowing Hode Livers you've got, or where exactly Maker Bunnits live, that kind of thing. Playing through Xenoblade 3DS for the first time now and those seem like really obvious omissions. I don't mind a vague description of where I should be going, because that lets me explore, but being told to go and find some dude named Steve in a city that takes ten minutes to run across where NPCs only spawn when I'm practically on top of them is another story :p

TheMoon

Is there an ending song like in previous Xeno games? Like Beyond the Sky in the first Xenoblade?

Don't you have enough "songs" already?

Check the song in the Story Trailer (link in OP), that is likely it.

Oh God I was going to make Bayonetta but now I don't know what to do.

Does anyone know if the sidequesting logistics are a little more robust this time around? Being able to track quest-related people on your map, for example, or telling you how many Glowing Hode Livers you've got, or where exactly Maker Bunnits live, that kind of thing. Playing through Xenoblade 3DS for the first time now and those seem like really obvious omissions. I don't mind a vague description of where I should be going, because that lets me explore, but being told to go and find some dude named Steve in a city that takes ten minutes to run across where NPCs only spawn when I'm practically on top of them is another story :p

I don't have any specifics but someone mentioned that (at least in some cases) there are now circles on the map in the general area where a quest related thing (like a monster) is. No idea how it handles quest NPCs.

From what I've seen, full mmo-ish quests tracking is in the game now so you won't have to worry about finding certain enemies like in Xenoblade.

@TheMoon - well I admit the soundtrack probably has too many lyrical songs, I still want a good one for the ending!

Don't you have enough "songs" already?

Check the song in the Story Trailer (link in OP), that is likely it.

I know what they mean, 'Beyond The Sky' is a very different song that is there to set the mood at the end of the game. It really stands apart on the rest of the OST, it was also the only song by the composer Mitsuda and with full vocals. If X has a song like that, not sure if they'd reveal it just yet.

But them again, "Beyond the sky" was also the debut song for the singer Sarah Alainn and so the song was promoted like that by her management team. If X had such a song, we had probably already gotten the news.

Any unboxing videos of the Wii U bundle floating around?

So hyped for this! An autumn release wouldn't hurt me too much as it'll provide sufficient time to go back to and complete Xenoblade on the Wii.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Got a better gif of the title screen now

evpves.gif

Xenoblade's is still GOAT but I love this one too

OH GOD OH MY GOD
it is outstanding. which song is played during it? I could spend time leaving that in the background at home while doing other stuff

So yesterday I got to play between 5 and 6 hours, and got to the end of Chapter 3.
This means I've just unlocked virtually everything basic in the game but I couldn't get in-depth with the squad feature yet.
I've joined Interceptor for now.

I'm trying to do the sidequests but it's hard so far because I just don't know the bestiary well enough so I'm a bit "well...where do I go to find monster X?".
There are also a lot of variation in the collectibles in one region. In Xenoblade every region had a small-ish pool of items you could get but here there's a ton so for you to get what you want is harder I'd say.

Controls-wise, I still have a bit of a hard time to target what I want on an enemy to break parts so I hope that either I'm doing it wrong, or I'll get the hang of it relatively soon.

Other than that, the game is quite the looker, the zones are huge and packed with things.
I hope that sidequests don't have a "timer" and that I can still get them in the future when I'm near the end. You can only get 20 simple quests at a time so you have to choose. I don't know yet what triggers the change on the quest board, if it's by time or by you completion rating, or a combination of the two.
At least I want to be able to do all normal and kizuna quests because they're the ones with story bits or affection in the team.

I know what they mean, 'Beyond The Sky' is a very different song that is there to set the mood at the end of the game. It really stands apart on the rest of the OST, it was also the only song by the composer Mitsuda and with full vocals. If X has a song like that, not sure if they'd reveal it just yet.

But them again, "Beyond the sky" was also the debut song for the singer Sarah Alainn and so the song was promoted like that by her management team. If X had such a song, we had probably already gotten the news.

Yeah, I feel like we have either already heard the ending song (like the story trailer recently) or they haven't revealed it yet. I don't know... I assume someone has beaten the game by now though, so if it's out there, I'm too afraid to look for fear of spoilers lol.

OH GOD OH MY GOD
it is outstanding. which song is played during it? I could spend time leaving that in the background at home while doing other stuff

Yeah, I'm curious about what song plays during that gorgeous title screen, too.

Why are nopon in this

Every game needs heropon.

ranmafan

Been playing quite a bit today. Game has been fulfilling my expectations. Really really impressed by the scale of the world they have built, and even more by how much life they have packed into that world. The original Xenoblade was nice in that regard, but so far X has taken it well beyond that in my opinion.

So much to do in the game too. Its going to keep me busy though summer with my gaming pace right now. That makes me happy. One thing, really surprised how small some of the text is, even on a giant hdtv some of it can be incredibly small. Still not a big problem for me. Really can't wait to really get farther into the game

Varion

So much to do in the game too. Its going to keep me busy though summer with my gaming pace right now. That makes me happy. One thing, really surprised how small some of the text is, even on a giant hdtv some of it can be incredibly small. Still not a big problem for me. Really can't wait to really get farther into the game
How big is your TV? I'm having this issue too, but I'm still using a 32" 720p TV from years ago, so I figured that was the cause (and considering how far I sit from it, I should seriously get a bigger one already). Even close up on this screen size some of the text looks like mush though.

ranmafan

How big is your TV? I'm having this issue too, but I'm still using a 32" 720p TV from years ago, so I figured that was the cause (and considering how far I sit from it, I should seriously get a bigger one already). Even close up on this screen size some of the text looks like mush though.

52''. Yeah even with that some of the text is pretty darn small. I was like, what the heck? And I dont sit too far away from it. I just can't imagine how it must be for those with much smaller screens.

@.@ someone beat the main story already, woke up and seeing credit roll. Seems like it took 40+ hours while skipping a ton of stuff. Closing my eyes for any spoilers after that.

Xenosaga much!?

Top Bottom