• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Kasumin

This game legitimately scares me. A world that big... welp. I'll really have to prepare myself before I jump in.

Honestly, seeing this game... and the first Xenoblade, I just can't take other JRPGs claiming to be "open world" seriously. Monolith Soft has the support of Nintendo, sure, but a lot of this seems to just be Takahashi's amazing vision and the passion of everyone at Monolith Soft.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Great OT lots of good info there. Looking forward to getting my copy and wiiu.

btw this can use the non tablet controllers right?

TheMoon

This game legitimately scares me. A world that big... welp. I'll really have to prepare myself before I jump in.

Honestly, seeing this game... and the first Xenoblade, I just can't take other JRPGs claiming to be "open world" seriously. Monolith Soft has the support of Nintendo, sure, but a lot of this seems to just be Takahashi's amazing vision and the passion of everyone at Monolith Soft.

Well, there are games with bigger landmasses out there. So it's not like the size is breaking any new ground. It's just what you do on that map that will cancel all your real life plans. :D

Great OT lots of good info there. Looking forward to getting my copy and wiiu.

btw this can use the non tablet controllers right?

Thanks! Though ironically you missed the general info table right at the start where it mentions Pro Controller support ;)

RaoMErt.jpg

This game textures and overall graphic make me shed tear of joy

How can WiiU doing these?

did Takahashi sold his soul to Satan?

And people wonder why Zelda U got delayed ;)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well, there are games with bigger landmasses out there. So it's not like the size is breaking any new ground. It's just what you do on that map that will cancel all your real life plans. :D

Thanks! Though ironically you missed the general info table right at the start where it mentions Pro Controller support ;)
X is probably the largest handcrafted open world game out there tho.

Seik

Banned
Now starts the real wait, the hard one I mean, when you know some people using a different language can play the whole game...somewhere out there.

I am drowning in jealousy.

ARGH, how did I even listened to the whole song while reading this thread and writing this post. It's not even related, yet feels legit. D:

Wonderful OT. Thank you for the info. I haven't been keeping up-to-date on Xenoblade X and still wasn't quite sure how the multiplayer (if any) was going to work. Very pleased to see that 4-player co-op is confirmed.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

scrolling through it on the move currently glad that its supported

Kasumin

That's what I meant, really. Plenty of games have claimed to have wide, open worlds. What makes the difference is making that world interesting. I remember running past locations dozens of times in Xenoblade only to later notice a hidden path or the entrance to a cave I hadn't picked up on before. Just the way the landscapes are shaped... it's like a real, actual adventure. It still blows my mind to this day. So many other open world games have stale, boring worlds full of invisible walls that are more about looking than actually interacting.

Converse

Banned
This is looking more and more like my dream game. I love exploring more than anything in gaming; trying to temper my expectations, but I'm starting to expect it to be one of my personal all-time favorites (that sounds tempered, right?).

I am totally okay with this being the Wii U's big holiday game in the West. It looks absolutely worthy of the attention, and I won't mind a little space between the Wii U's two biggest open-world games.

Nanashrew

Banned
Neiteio-senpai finally noticed me but I was AFK. :C

I'm glad everyone has been enjoying my video! It was fun to work on and I was inspired the moment I saw the opening scene during Treehouse Live.

Neiteio

Neiteio-senpai finally noticed me but I was AFK. :C
*flutters eyelashes all flirty-like*

wait, that's not what senpai do

*stoically nods in approval of Nanashrew like a samurai warrior as sakura blossoms rain down in slow-mo before a lush full moon*

there we go

chadboban

Must... stop... looking... at Miiverse

zlCfzTS6YdgNpyacJa

PC: "Oh Elma, under this starry sky, your beautiful face illuminated by this magnificent moon, I need to tell you something"

Elma: "What is it"

PC: "Not a fucking clue, Neiteio is much better at writing these than this guy"

Elma: "..."

PC: "These skyboxes though..."

zlCfzTS6TCkmBt3ZYP

zlCfzTS6IZ8dJ-lm36

zlCfzTS53sILu9tUAH

zlCfzTS5yt0ligDShK

Chaos17

Must... stop... looking... at Miiverse

zlCfzTS6YdgNpyacJa

PC: "Oh Elma, under this starry sky, your beautiful face illuminated by this magnificent moon, I need to tell you something"

Elma: "What is it"

PC: "Not a fucking clue, Neiteio is much better at writing these than this guy"

Elma: "..."

PC: "These skyboxes though..."

zlCfzTS6TCkmBt3ZYP

zlCfzTS6IZ8dJ-lm36

zlCfzTS53sILu9tUAH

zlCfzTS5yt0ligDShK

I'm going to try to reach that moon with my mecha~
It's so beautifull.

Edit : [ENG translations] Let's Play Xenoblade Chronicles X!
http://www.twitch.tv/risingfungaming

What's with so many of the avatars having random strands of hair sticking out at weird angles? My OCD makes me just want to snip them... and they aren't even proper anime-styled spikes, either; they just look like the character forgot to comb properly...

I think there's an option to modify ONE tuft of hair in every single hair style. You're probably seeing that option in action.

Vena

Those skyboxes though...

am I doing it right

Hey, man, WiiU gotta make something look like its not from the PS2 era! Learned from Destiny
and every game ever on the other consoles except 3DWorld and W101 and Captain Toad.
!

Top Bottom