• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Ultimadrago

I usually don't care about trophies (and still don't really), but I really needed an excuse to play even more of this game, so I went for the Platinum. It has really made one hell of an early 2017 for me! Thanks again to YakuzaGAF for giving such a warm welcome when introducing me to the series. I'm hoping Kiwami continues my high accordingly.

rm6LqZql.jpg

Also, thanks to everyone that posted their Platinum Hostesses; I looked at them all! Here are mine:

bleaker

Still on Chapter 6, took a small break due to class, RE7, and illness. I've always loved real estate in games, like AC2 for example, so I'm quite addicted to this mini game. I swear I'll finish the story, but this game might give me the most playtime I've ever put into a Yakuza, and I haven't even unlocked the Cabaret.

Hopefully I'll finish it the day before Kiwami launches. That'll be great!

Rymuth

I usually don't care about trophies (and still don't really), but I really needed an excuse to play even more of this game, so I went for the Platinum. It has really made one hell of an early 2017 for me! Thanks again to YakuzaGAF for giving such a warm welcome when introducing me to the series. I'm hoping Kiwami continues my high accordingly.

rm6LqZql.jpg

Also, thanks to everyone that posted their Platinum Hostesses; I looked at them all! Here are mine:
Respect. Congrats on the Platinum

rm6LqZql.jpg
Wow, I'm slugging through the CP stuff myself, so huge respect man.

rm6LqZql.jpg
DAMN. I'm still slugging through it myself. Really need to up the pace now :D

Hope we'll see you again in the Kiwami OT :)

Thinking on it, my only real issue with the mission design in the game is the "Go get a thing from a convenience store somewhere" mission that pops up a few times.

It's rare, but it sucks every time.

kiaaa

Man, some of these Climax Battles are ridiculous and they really make you realize how much less efficient Majima's styles are.

edit - I think Breaker is the only one that can even compete with Kiryu's damage output.

Zeel

Man, some of these Climax Battles are ridiculous and they really make you realize how much less efficient Majima's styles are.

Indeed, Majima's Breaker style is great for crowd control, but overall Kiryu's beast mode fully upgraded is by far the most powerful style in the game, mostly due to it's high damage output and not being interrupted by normal attacks during combos.

bwakh

Also, imagine my surprise when I started watching The Age of Shadows tonight and Sagawa shows up!

UHitpmW.png

EDIT: To make this a little more relevant to Y0 - The mocap in this game is fantastic. I was able to recognize the actor who plays Sagawa in seconds mainly due to his body language (the first scene he's in is further away, so you don't see his face as much)

I knew I had seen him somewhere! Thanks.

Also really good voice acting from all people involved in Yakuza 0. Impressive stuff.

That video is fantastic.

But dem spoilers man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kURhCOqMD9k

This is all I hear now

I still can't get Majima's weapon master ability to work. Weapons still degrade. All that money spent
Weapons will only not degrade when you're on the 1st heat bar. If you want never degrading weapons, then keep doing the equipment search at Dragon and Tiger shop.

EDIT: I NEED TO BRING MORE ATTENTION TO ZOMBIEPLATYPUS' DRAWING IN THAT YAKUZA GIVEAWAY THREAD!!

Update 1.04 is out in NA. Two new packs:
- Pocket Circuit Expert Pack
- Super Rare Crafting Pack

Haven't had a chance to check out what's in them yet.

edit: got the Pocket Pack -- it has a Lord of the Night outfit, some racer parts, a diamond plate (¥¥¥), and a Marlin Cannon weapon. Which is literally seems to be a marlin fish.

holygeesus

Banned
Does anyone get choppy cut-scenes when they first start playing this? It seems to settle down after a few minutes, almost as if the PS4 can't cope with how fast it is being asked to stream in data. I'm playing on a Pro on the beta firmware with boost mode enabled on an external SSD, so it is pretty difficult to narrow down the culprit.

Does anyone get choppy cut-scenes when they first start playing this? It seems to settle down after a few minutes, almost as if the PS4 can't cope with how fast it is being asked to stream in data. I'm playing on a Pro on the beta firmware with boost mode enabled on an external SSD, so it is pretty difficult to narrow down the culprit.

Base PS4 here, stock HDD and it's working perfectly. Never encountered anything like that.

I very rarely get a framedrop when doing some heatmoves or in some parts of the city, but again, it's rare and only lasts for like 3-4 seconds at the most.

Base PS4 here, stock HDD and it's working perfectly. Never encountered anything like that.

I very rarely get a framedrop when doing some heatmoves or in some parts of the city, but again, it's rare and only lasts for like 3-4 seconds at the most.
Also base PS4 and I have the same experience as luce. Very smooth with really rare drops during some heat moves and exploration parts.

IrishNinja

OP updated, per lucebuce12's suggestions!

i just reached chapter 10 myself - still can't find the other half of the media king's territories, but holy shit is the story ramping up in this one, 9's showdown was..intense.

i wanna tie up the real estate & cabaret stuff, but i'm reaching that point where the rest of it (substories/etc) might mostly wait for the post-game mop-up. oh, and goddamn am i glad disco's dead...i just suck at it, haha. swear to god, it's gotta be the way it displays or something, i tear it up in lammy type rhythm games!

Harmen

edit - I think Breaker is the only one that can even compete with Kiryu's damage output.

It is one of the reasons why I prefer Kiryu. Even with high upgrades the Majima parts can feel a bit "fist-spongey" in my opinion.

I hadn't done karaoke in a while and did the
Leisure King battle
. Ugh. I thought it'd be multiple rounds or something, but nooooope. Screwed up on Judgment and now I feel ashamed.

What's the point of inviting a date to activities? It doesn't seem to lead anywhere.

It changes what happens in Karaoke songs, but other than that, there's really no depth to it.
I hadn't done karaoke in a while and did the
Leisure King battle
. Ugh. I thought it'd be multiple rounds or something, but nooooope. Screwed up on Judgment and now I feel ashamed.
BREAKING ZA RUUULLEEEES.

BREAKING ZA WAAARRRUUDO

Ultimadrago

That Nugget drawing is awesome. Thanks ZombiePlatypus!

Respect. Congrats on the Platinum

Thanks for your mahjong help!

Wow, I'm slugging through the CP stuff myself, so huge respect man.

Let me know if you need suggestions on anything. It might not be anything you won't find on other popular forums/Youtube, but I'll certainly be around the OT for a while.

DAMN. I'm still slugging through it myself. Really need to up the pace now :D

Hope we'll see you again in the Kiwami OT :)

Oh, I'll be there!

How long is this game if I only do main missions? Too many good games releasing in the near future.

If you're seriously going to skip out on any side-storyline, it'd take you between 20-30 hours on a first playthrough I'm guessing. There is Premium Adventure that lets you lit all the missions you want after the main story is complete, so you may return to it all later if you like.

alpha69

Just finished the main story....

SO GOOD. DAT ENDING WITH MAJIMA AND MAKOTO ;_;

Pumped for Isshin and 6 but a little worried going directly to 6 is a bad idea since I haven't played 1-5. Should I plow through 1-5 first before I jump to 6 YakuzaGAF? I know Isshin is a spin-off so that should be ok to play without em.

Pumped for Isshin and 6 but a little worried going directly to 6 is a bad idea since I haven't played 1-5. Should I plow through 1-5 first before I jump to 6 YakuzaGAF? I know Isshin is a spin-off so that should be ok to play without em.

4 is a good start. it introduce lots a new characters, it's like a new start of the serie, and it contain long video summaries of yakuza 1-2-3

Also i think you mean Kiwami (remake of 1) instead of Isshin

Kiwami, you mean?

alpha69

4 is a good start. it introduce lots a new characters, it's like a new start of the serie, and it contain long video summaries of yakuza 1-2-3

Also i think you mean Kiwami (remake of 1) instead of Isshin

Kiwami, you mean?

Oh you're right, guess I got it mixed up. That's better then since it's a remake of 1. Guess I just need to get around 2-5 after that somehow. Might try 4 if I can resurrect my PS3 from the grave. It's kinda acting up so I already stowed it away. Thanks!

Jimrpg

25 days since its shipped and still haven't got my copy of Yakuza 0. :(

We had Chinese New Year in Malaysia meaning there were two national holidays which always throws the post out of whack. Normally it takes 2-3 weeks but its been almost 4 weeks. :( Ozgameshop issued me a refund because they didn't have any replacement copies (SOLD OUT! YAY). Every day the clerk walks past my desk I think its the game but she keeps disappointing me! Now I'm off to New Zealand for a week for a holiday so i'm really really hoping it will be here when it gets back. Sad guys!

Desmond

There is CP for getting upto 70 unique weapons and 70 unique accessories. And there is a trophy that says called Eye of the Dragon and Tiger which says "Obtain all equipment parts."So I'm guessing that's the components with which you craft stuff so you need to get one of each.

Yeah, you need to do it for the 100% completion. I've gotten over 70 of both for the CP requirement but I'm still missing the parts. Just don't know what they are so I don't know where to look for them :(

I know that doing the
colisseum/bed of Styx battles with majima gives you parts but each tournament only gives you one specific item so I need to unlock all of them to know what they give and that's quite a grind.

Which parts are you missing? You can bring up the parts you have by pressing r1 when you bring up your inventory.

Fuck catfigting.

Fuck it so hard.

Fuck.

I did warn you. In fact I was very specific in that warning ;) Its the only obstacle to me plat'ing the game a second time (since the Euro and Japanese trophy lists are separate lists). I was hoping that wouldn't have been the case so I didn't have to play it any more!

okay I think...I just finished chapter 6.

just a couple things... i'm guessing beast is the best fighting style to use if you're fighting multiple opponents? even then though I feel like it's really sluggish.

so
so that sewer fight, i'm guessing kuze will come back a 3rd time for a bossfight since Kiryu did not kill him...wtf man you should have killed him.

and that guy in the purple suit, why did he shoot the chick? is he just some fuckin psychopath or something?

lastly...how did Nishiki not constantly complain about how stinky Kiryu was...fighting in the sewer water, and being soaked in it so long that it dries up on him. You nasty, Kiryu.

I would throw that suit out and never wear it again. But, yes...not onto chapter 7 (?) today at work on remote play. however...am I the only one that's enjoying Majima's saga more than Kiryu's?

LAM09

Fuck catfigting.

Fuck it so hard.

Fuck.

I personally didn't find it that hard. Entered four times and won three (lost the first time when I was still unaware how it works). Just need to look at your opponents strongest hand/s and counter it. Jennifer is probably the best person to use.

DC1

okay

so
so that sewer fight, i'm guessing kuze will come back a 3rd time for a bossfight since Kiryu did not kill him...wtf man you should have killed him.

and that guy in the purple suit, why did he shoot the chick? is he just some fuckin psychopath or something?

lastly...how did Nishiki not constantly complain about how stinky Kiryu was...fighting in the sewer water, and being soaked in it so long that it dries up on him. You nasty, Kiryu.

1: Kiryu is Batman
2: The dark side of Yakuza
3: Kiryu is Dupe. He's allways so fresh and so clean.

Ultimadrago

25 days since its shipped and still haven't got my copy of Yakuza 0. :(

We had Chinese New Year in Malaysia meaning there were two national holidays which always throws the post out of whack. Normally it takes 2-3 weeks but its been almost 4 weeks. :( Ozgameshop issued me a refund because they didn't have any replacement copies (SOLD OUT! YAY). Every day the clerk walks past my desk I think its the game but she keeps disappointing me! Now I'm off to New Zealand for a week for a holiday so i'm really really hoping it will be here when it gets back. Sad guys!

D: Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get it sooner than later!

1: Kiryu is Batman
2: The dark side of Yakuza
3: Kiryu is Dupe. He's allways so fresh and so clean.

1. he's a Japanese Batman if Batman didn't bother tryna hide his identity
2. so there is a bright side of Yakuza?
3. then why was he taking a shower in that real estate guy's apartment? :p

DC1

rm6LqZql.jpg

Congrats!!!! I'm 10 mini games away and then Legendary!

I did warn you. In fact I was very specific in that warning ;) Its the only obstacle to me plat'ing the game a second time (since the Euro and Japanese trophy lists are separate lists). I was hoping that wouldn't have been the case so I didn't have to play it any more!
You most certainly did warn me. Sadly, that doesn't make the platinum any less appealing :D

Which parts are you missing? You can bring up the parts you have by pressing r1 when you bring up your inventory.
It was tough to do that since the names aren't given and you have to manually check all the time and the UI is not helping in that regard.

Fortunately Endless-Bravado posted a VERY useful link that made tracking down the parts really easy.

*Win first two matches handily*

*Get rekt in Grand Finals*

Repeat.
I swear to God.

I personally didn't find it that hard. Entered four times and won three (lost the first time when I was still unaware how it works). Just need to look at your opponents strongest hand/s and counter it. Jennifer is probably the best person to use.
i've won like 6 in total.
But the trophy requires you to win 10 full tournaments, and since I just got 7 lost tournaments in a row, you can understand that I'm feeling mighty salty.

DC1

1. he's a Japanese Batman if Batman didn't bother tryna hide his identity
2. so there is a bright side of Yakuza?
3. then why was he taking a shower in that real estate guy's apartment? :p

1: That's just how badass he is. Plus he references at a later point that he is going to carve out his on
Yakuza way
2: Yes there is friend... yes there is.
3: That shower was an integrated plot push to help the story along. Crazy Kaz did that out of consideration for the host. Plus.. didn't you see how all of the splash from the sewer water somehow disappear from Kiryu's white suit. I'm not sure if there is anyone that can brush the funk of their shoulders quite like Kiryu.

Jimrpg

rm6LqZql.jpg

WOW congrats! That's amazing.

Top Bottom