• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 shows "PS4 Console Exclusive". Coming to PC? (Nah)

MUnited83

For you.
Atlus PR is infallible and that's why I'm playing Persona 5 right now and have been doing that for months.

As long as it doesn't cost them much to port it to PC, I don't see why they don't do it. Is the series so niche that even opening it up to the PC market wouldn't be worth it?

PC ports are pretty cheap to do. They would recoup the port cost alone with just a few thousand sales.

ZeroX03

Banned
Objectively worth the investment.

PC consumers consistently find the niche games on word of mouth alone.

You don't have the data to say anything objectively. Unless you work at Sega, I guess.

This is the series that is struggling in the low five figures at this point. I'm not saying PC can't make miracles happen or that $5 sales wouldn't eventually pull the game into profitability but turning a profit worth the investment in a reasonable time frame? For this series? I wouldn't call that certain. They needed Sony to make it happen for the last two on console. The West has shown time and time again they (stupidly) don't respond to the series.

E: also so we're clear, I would love to see Yakuza on PC but being realistic this game is the cut off point for just barely getting localized as is

AlucardGV

Banned
who's localizing it? because i can see sega outsourcing the localization to sony (whatever their team with Giocorsi do) because they don't care enough to do that themselves

Tizoc

who's localizing it? because i can see sega outsourcing the localization to sony (whatever their team with Giocorsi do) because they don't care enough to do that themselves
Iirc atlus helped in the localization.

Not following? You said they can do both, and I said it would just be another VC situation, but ok
It being a vc situation is what i mean b sega being able to do both.

ZeroX03

Banned
Nobody in here (except that one console fanboy) is going to be mad at eating crow if the series does miraculously get a PC port.

I wish it would :/. I just started the series this year with 4. But it was so good I got 5 downloaded, and 0 preordered

4 is definitely the best place to start besides 1. I wish more people would have the chance to play Yakuza 2... that game is so damn good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comm..._console_exclusive_branding/d83cnyd?context=4

John just confirmed no.

"No Persona 5 on PC. Yakuza 0 isn't happening either."

Then again, he said so here already. And then again, a PR isn't a confirmation, unless PR comes to say the boxart was a mistake.
He wont come to say "Yes, it's happening guys" PR deals with the infos they have, this is why they sometimes announce wrong release dates for games.

This is as clear cut as it gets.

He's gonna get a lifetime supply of crow if he's wrong though :v

As clear cut as Persona 5 in 2015. :")

Guymelef

Then again, he said so here already. And then again, a PR isn't a confirmation, unless PR comes to say the boxart was a mistake.
He wont come to say "Yes, it's happening guys" PR deals with the infos they have, this is why they sometimes announce wrong release dates for games.

As clear cut as Persona 5 in 2015. :")

"guilty until proven innocent"

atlusprime

Atlus PR
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comm..._console_exclusive_branding/d83cnyd?context=4

John just confirmed no.

"No Persona 5 on PC. Yakuza 0 isn't happening either."

...Bruh. You realize I'm on here too, right?

For those asking about who's localizing it, it's a SEGA loc crew.

Where's my good news at?

Yakuza 0 is coming out in English in both the Americas and Europe as a physical release for a current-gen system in much less time than it took for Yakuza 5 to come out in the west?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
One game out of the entire series on PC is a non-event. Bring the Y1&2 HD collection to Steam and we'll talk.

But yeah, not happening, by direct PR statement. For all the people posting stuff like the FFX/X-2 remaster box, did Square-Enix ever directly deny that was coming to PC? We've just gotten about as definitive a "No" as I've ever seen from a PR person. If a Y0 PC version is in the cards, it's obviously not going to happen for a very long time.

If it has been confirmed as never happening, then I suppose that's that. As long as it's not another "it's not happening right now" (and then might happen further down the line), because, well...no shit.

Nyoro SF

Battlechili

Banned
I don't think these actually mean anything.

I fully expect Akiba's Beat to make its way to PC at some point despite its label. If its 3rd party, its fair game for not being exclusive.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is the most interest I've ever seen in a Yakuza thread, usually we dream of getting to multiple pages :p

PR talk is something like "we have no current plans, etc..."
How a "No" is PR talk?

The same way RotTR wasn't coming to PS4 or Quantum Break to Steam, after a "No". PR talk is basically confirming what's been confirmed already "Game is coming to PS4 only".

Literally nothing will ever satisfy you.

As I said, unless they said the printing is a mistake, I can't take PR as a fact for the simple reason they either dont know or aren't allowed to say.

So yes, I'm not satisfied by an answer from someone who isn't allowed to say somethinf that hasnt been approved.

BigEmil

Actually, that's the trend we're getting with EU covers. It was the same for KoFXIV and DQ Heroes also was PS only in Europe on the cover.
No KOF in EU has that console exclusive tag and DQ Heroes in press pics had that Only on ps tag but when it was in retail it had absolutely no tag I got one here theres no tags to be seen

AlucardGV

Banned
Yakuza 0 is coming out in English in both the Americas and Europe as a physical release for a current-gen system in much less time than it took for Yakuza 5 to come out in the west?

giphy.gif

The God

The same way RotTR wasn't coming to PS4 or Quantum Break to Steam, after a "No". PR talk is basically confirming what's been confirmed already "Game is coming to PS4 only".

As I said, unless they said the printing is a mistake, I can't take PR as a fact for the simple reason they either dont know or aren't allowed to say.

So yes, I'm not satisfied by an answer from someone who isn't allowed to say somethinf that hasnt been approved.

There was never a "No" regarding ROTTR on PS4. MS and CD always dodged it.

Fisty

I think this is the most interest I've ever seen in a Yakuza thread, usually we dream of getting to multiple pages :p

Say there's a possibility of a PC port for any console exclusive and the thread is guaranteed 10 pages minimum lol

But on topic, Yakuza 0 would be the perfect time to start with the PC ports if they are going to do it. That's when I'll be jumping in with the series on PS4, hopefully Kiwami is next (followed by Kiwami 2 of course)

Top Bottom