• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 shows "PS4 Console Exclusive". Coming to PC? (Nah)

SgtCobra

Atlus PR drops a statement in this very thread saying not to bank on it yet a PC port is still being discussed as if it was vaguely worded. Never change GAF.
I think this is the most interest I've ever seen in a Yakuza thread, usually we dream of getting to multiple pages :p
Hahaha that's the cold hard truth from what I've seen.

Arklite

Seems there's PR denying it, but if it were to happen I'd wonder to what end? Port 0 and if it does well continue with a port of their next game, Yakuza 6? That'd leave a gaping hole in plot and a big disconnect if you just saw a recap video. Port everything? I imagine 0 would have to do exceedingly well for them to consider porting all of them to PC. Regardless, the series deserves more attention than it's getting and that's more to do with how much exposure and promotion it gets even with its current available audience.

TheFlow

Banned
I've said it time and again, but announcing or labeling a game as PS4 console exclusive, of which this game falls under both categories, has 100% historical precedence for a PC port.

PR has terrible historical precedence, they tend to deny, deflect, and obfuscate until the official announcement.
Your point? It is still exlcusvie with no announcement in site. If you wanna hold on wait for something that may not be happening then yea do you boobo.

I'd like to think that at least half of you guys will buy the game when it finally releases. We need this game to succeed :(

I see someone has mentioned the PS4 Console Exclusive thingy from the initial announcement, they did the same with Nioh and yet there is no word about a PC version of that title either.

At any rate, I don't think you could find any Yakuza fan who would disagree with the series getting more exposure through a PC release (God knows it deserves it). The thing is that there really isn't any sign pointing to Yakuza 0 getting one, so we all know that we shouldn't get our hopes up.

If you are interested in Yakuza 0 and have a PS4, then I implore you, PLEASE support the game when it releases in January. That's all any of us could do right now.

I'm down for an avatar bet.

Trust me. I want to be wrong.

Ah, no way. I don't care either way if it lands on PC or not enough to make a bet.

I'm a long time fan of the series so I'll be buying it on PS4 day one. I just figured others would make a bet by now with how steadfast they are.

Edit: lol, see my avatar

TheFlow

Banned
I'd like to think that at least half of you guys will buy the game when it finally releases. We need this game to succeed :(

I see someone has mentioned the PS4 Console Exclusive thingy from the initial announcement, they did the same with Nioh and yet there is no word about a PC version of that title either.

At any rate, I don't think you could find any Yakuza fan who would disagree with the series getting more exposure through a PC release (God knows it deserves it). The thing is that there really isn't any sign pointing to Yakuza 0 getting one, so we all know that we shouldn't get our hopes up.

If you are interested in Yakuza 0 and have a PS4, then I implore you, PLEASE support the game when it releases in January. That's all any of us could do right now.
Hell if you got a ps3 and didn't download yakuza 4-5 for free then damn

Menitta

Ah, no way. I don't care either way if it lands on PC or not enough to make a bet.

I'm a long time fan of the series so I'll be buying it on PS4 day one. I just figured others would make a bet by now with how steadfast they are.

Edit: lol, see my avatar

Me too, but I really want more people to play it.

Also, I can't go through with a bet. I'm a coward.

Mik2121

Unrelated but there's no recent thread where I could post this...

I bought Yakuza 0 the other day. My first Yakuza game ever and I barely knew what I was getting into, but so far I'm enjoying this quite a bit. I'm at the Osaka part and the Kansai accent is quite thick and while I live in Osaka and I thought I'd enjoy that part a lot, I currently like the Kamurocho part better.

Looking forward to getting back into the game tonight!

Would it be too weird to skip all the other Yakuza games and jump straight into Yakuza 6 when it releases in a couple months? I wouldn't mind reading all the story for the other games on Wikipedia or something, but I don't feel like playing so many titles just to enjoy the new one.

BKK

Looks like I'll be buying a PS4 then. The important thing is that it's getting localised, what platforms it gets released on is secondary.

You know what? Since this is the most crowded Yakuza news thread in Gaf in recent months, I'm just gonna use it to promote/hype Yakuza 0.

zt1Fqlm.gif

TewB5Rt.gif

BIbvhHf.gif

wRIE3rI.gif

veYKRuF.gif

PEkyCSk.gif

Squishy3

Unrelated but there's no recent thread where I could post this...

I bought Yakuza 0 the other day. My first Yakuza game ever and I barely knew what I was getting into, but so far I'm enjoying this quite a bit. I'm at the Osaka part and the Kansai accent is quite thick and while I live in Osaka and I thought I'd enjoy that part a lot, I currently like the Kamurocho part better.

Looking forward to getting back into the game tonight!

Would it be too weird to skip all the other Yakuza games and jump straight into Yakuza 6 when it releases in a couple months? I wouldn't mind reading all the story for the other games on Wikipedia or something, but I don't feel like playing so many titles just to enjoy the new one.
I'd say you could play Yakuza 4 and 5 and be ready for 6.

Yakuza 4 introduces the characters that also partake in Yakuza 5, and Yakuza 6 seems to be picking up just about right after Yakuza 5 judging by the latest story trailer. At the very least the ending of Yakuza 5 is the setup for Yakuza 6.

Hektor

Hope its just an error and it doesnt come to PC

Hope ur post is just an error

sigh... good job keeping your exclusives sony...

"Shit, i'm gonna have to cross a name on the list of list wars, what am i gonna do now, i'm so mad"

Been 3 statements now that's theres no PC version but GAF still insistent on PC version now threads turning into port begging "why not put it on PC? Just do it." Embarrassing.

So if you think people hoping for an eventual PC version are embarassing and annoying, why exactly do you spend your time browsing a thread about exactly that?

Can it may be that you actually just dont want a PC version to exist and are mad people voice an opinion in favor of one cos it would take one of your exclusive away? :^)

Durante

People want to trust a boxart more than a statement
If you are informed by historical precedent, then this is not necessarily an unreasonable approach. (Of course, if you do go by historical precedent then you can frequently not even trust the box art in the long term)

yay. ps3 is currently pretty cheap. get one and try it for little money. y3 and 4 physical are not expensive. you can continue with 5 when we get another sale. get prepared for yakuza 0.

that box art is a slayer.

now i just need a hazuki cameo....

As a PS4 only gamer I would be glad to see this serie on PC. That would mean a bigger userbase and hopefully a faster localisation for the future Yakuza games.

Bl@de

This would be very good for the franchise in the west. More sales means more and faster localization. Why would anyone be against it? I would be happy if it's available to more people. And playing those games at higher resolutions and 60fps? Fantastic. Mods? Even better.

dhlt25

as someone who will buy a PS4 for just persona and yakuza, I'd be pump it this come out on the PC. I'd much rather have all my games on a single platform without having to worry compatibility in the future

Arex

I bought a 500gb hdd for my 40gb ps3 which I haven't used in months, just to download and play Yakuza 5 lol. I have physical ver of Y3 and Y4. Wished Y5 also release on disc :(

Anyway, I'll be glad if it's released on steam, but I'll get Y0 on which ever platform it releases first. :)

BKK

Yakuza releases always have people making up reasons not to buy it. For Y3 it was cut content, for Y5 it was lack of physical release, and for Y0 it's wait for the PC version (even though it's been clearly stated that it isn't coming).

It's pretty amazing that this series continues to get localised as it is, but it's unlikely that we'll get future games localised if too many people decide to wait for a non-existent PC version.

Top Bottom