• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 4: HD Remaster Localizers Censor The Word "Rape" From The Original English Version of Yakuza 4

Come on now, this isn't censorship. They also changed the second line from "A fight?" to "What, some little street brawl?". That doesn't mean they are censoring the word "fight" to please some SJWs, does it? Anyway, "What if they turn their hands on me next?! I'm a delicate flower, Chief" is obviously implying that she thinks they are going to to either rape or sexually assault her, so the meaning hasn't changed. I think the way they have rephrased it here is actually better than the original, as it fits her innocent/prissy personality better, especially the "delicate flower" part. Now, if there were to cut this part completely due to "fat shaming" or something, then I would be a little pissed, but that's not the case here.

But she clearly say the word "rape", so it's not about what fits with her personality or not, it's about translating what she was actually saying in Japanese.

Closer

Are people so goddamn sensitive today that a simple word may trigger them?

... What am I saying? Of course they are. In this day and age of people being canceled over jokes at the expense of transgender people, the word rape being taboo shouldn't be a surprise to me.

People here got triggered because some female character had big chin, so it does not surprise me at all.

People here got triggered because some female character had big chin, so it does not surprise me at all.

Imagine spending time white knighting ugly virtual women lol

Also no one was triggered in that thread, we were having fun and telling jokes and laughing, the only one who's triggered is you for not forgetting about that old funny thread to this day.

Closer

Also no one was triggered in that thread, we were having fun and telling jokes and laughing, the only one who's triggered is you for not forgetting about that old funny thread to this day.

We got people assuming she had a big chin because SJWs were taking over our games, you are just ignoring it.

Starhowl

Can someone provide me with the original text in Kana that's been translated (censored or not) in the western version?

We got people assuming she had a big chin because SJWs were taking over our games, you are just ignoring it.

A lot of people posted in that thread, maybe some did that but the majority was just having fun.

Can someone provide me with the original text in Kana that's been translated (censored or not) in the western version?

This is what they said in the original Yakuza 4 release in japanese and with the correct translation before the censorship

なに言ってるんですか!! (What are you saying?)
私にレイプとかされたらどうするんですか!! (What should I do if they want to rape me or something?!)

Dunki

Every sort of censorship is concerning because we Know of the past of the Yakuza localisation. And now something new took over as well. This is very concerning.

Top Bottom