• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6: The Prologue Demo available on the European/Australian Store! FEEL THE HEAT!

Feel the Heat because the demo of final chapter of The Dragon of Dojima is now available on the PlayStation Store in Europe/Australia!

Be warned, you need at least 40-50 GB of space. The demo features the entire city of Kamurocho for the player to explore as well as three substories and nuances including the RIZAP exercise minigame.

The game has an autosave feature (which took a while for me to get used to back in December 2016) from the demo which can be applied to the full retail game (with Kiryu's stats and items you've obtained).

Hints: Head over to the Ebisu pawn shop and purchase the Ankle Trainer gear to earn extra EXP!

Update: SEGA and Sony are re-working on the demo at the moment.

Last edited:

Dunki

As much as I want to play Yakuza 6 I really want to go in as blind as possible for this one. But I hope people who still are undecided will give this a ry even though its I think 35GB XD

As much as I want to play Yakuza 6 I really want to go in as blind as possible for this one. But I hope people who still are undecided will give this a ry even though its I think 35GB XD

This demo is actually a great way for people who've never played any of the games in the series to try it for themselves despite the fact that the entire gameplay engine has changed. The game has a Memories/Recap/Reminisce mode that does a pretty good job summarizing events that transpired in all the main games. You can also play some of the minigames and complete a few optional substories.

Last edited:
Is this separate from the main game? I’m currently playing yakuza 4 and enjoying it immensely. Should I just hold off on this demo until I finish yakuza 4 and 5?

Halo0629

Since the full game is already there, why not just release the game in march? I'm really itching to play this game already.

DryvBy

Since the full game is already there, why not just release the game in march? I'm really itching to play this game already.

I'm assuming it's because March is busier with various games. April seems to be God of War and Nintendo La...heh-heh...Nintendo LAAaAA...lol hahaha... Nintendo Labo.

Meh, who am I kidding? It's God of War and Yakuza 6 for April.

OH-MyCar

Did they really put out the full game for free instead of the demo version?

Looks that way from everything I've read.

So let's say someone were in the middle of downloading it. What are the chances the license is going to be revoked before it's even done?

xion4360

I got tired of watching cutscenes and started skipping them.. and then I even got tired of skipping them before I actually got to play the game. Truly ridiculous amount of cutscenes to start the game but after that it seemed cool.

flyingcloud11

Neo Member
Looks that way from everything I've read.

So let's say someone were in the middle of downloading it. What are the chances the license is going to be revoked before it's even done?
If you're able to download it, then you're getting the full game in the US store. I'm sure they'll revoke the licenses since this is sega's huge release title. So play it while you can.

RPGCrazied

I'll wait, still need to play through 5. Just started the game not long ago. Probably start when I get done with Ni No Kuni II next month.

Really wish SEGA would give an ETA for when they're putting the actual real demo on the store.

I have tomorrow off. What are the chances it's up by then?

If you're able to download it, then you're getting the full game in the US store. I'm sure they'll revoke the licenses since this is sega's huge release title. So play it while you can.

I'm kind of ignorant here, but what if someone downloads it and stays offline and plays through the entire game? This is the gaming version of accidentally sharing a picture of your dick, git gud Sega.

xviper

how much spoiler is in it ?? i really wanna try it but i don't want to ruin the full game experience

nowhat

Did it get pulled already? Can't find it in the FI (and thus EU) store at least.

Edit: stupid me, missed an earlier post. Ignore.

Last edited:

Fbh

Pretty big screwup.

Managed to get the demo while it was online but I think I'll just play for a bit.
I'll be buying the game anyway so no point in going offline to play the whole game for free.

I'm kind of ignorant here, but what if someone downloads it and stays offline and plays through the entire game? This is the gaming version of accidentally sharing a picture of your dick, git gud Sega.

I think technically you'd be able to play the whole game if you stay offline.

Neither a patch nor a license revoke will work if your console never connects to the internet.

Im new to Yakuza but did peeped one of the Chapters on PS3 briefly but Yakuza 5 on PS4 i cant put it down.. .so, what exactly does OP mean by saying Final Chapter of the series? !

The Shepard

Just completed yakuza kiwami (£12 atm on UK psn) last night and started yakuza zero today. Loving this series so far, it's like a breath of fresh air with all the games Ive being trying to play and failed recently. Pre orderd yakuza 6 with a £10 copy of zero of the PlayStation store. I definitely recommend the series to any one who's even mildly interested.

Dunki

Im new to Yakuza but did peeped one of the Chapters on PS3 briefly but Yakuza 5 on PS4 i cant put it down.. .so, what exactly does OP mean by saying Final Chapter of the series? !
It is the last one with Kiryu. His story will end with Yakuza 6. For the new Yakuza you will get a new protagonist
DIJjpWUVoAECVN-.jpg

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Just curious. I have the After Hours edition pre-ordered. I downloaded the demo. If it is indeed the full game and the licenses get revoked, and I go offline and stay offline until the full game is released and install my disk when released, if I go back online will my saves, progress get revoked too? I would think that if I bought the game and 'install' it before I go back online that there wouldn't be any 'revoke' of the game. Any ideas?

Just curious. I have the After Hours edition pre-ordered. I downloaded the demo. If it is indeed the full game and the licenses get revoked, and I go offline and stay offline until the full game is released and install my disk when released, if I go back online will my saves, progress get revoked too? I would think that if I bought the game and 'install' it before I go back online that there wouldn't be any 'revoke' of the game. Any ideas?

None of the above. You don't have to play the demo offline. Your save data will remain stored on the HDD.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
None of the above. You don't have to play the demo offline. Your save data will remain stored on the HDD.

Sorry, I mean if I downloaded the accidental 'full release' demo from last night. I want to play the game but don't want it revoked yet. Then when my copy arrives, pop it in, install and then go online. if the license was revoked during this time, since the disk is 'installed' would my save not be revoked.

For those that don't know, the NA demo was pulled yesterday as the demo never ended after the 1st chapter. It's the full game. It's possible those that downloaded it may have the license revoked if online.

Sorry, I mean if I downloaded the accidental 'full release' demo from last night. I want to play the game but don't want it revoked yet. Then when my copy arrives, pop it in, install and then go online. if the license was revoked during this time, since the disk is 'installed' would my save not be revoked.

For those that don't know, the NA demo was pulled yesterday as the demo never ended after the 1st chapter. It's the full game. It's possible those that downloaded it may have the license revoked if online.

That I'm not entirely sure but if you want to stay on the safe side, I'd say just wait for SEGA to re-release the US demo and download the European demo in the meantime.

OH-MyCar

I'm holding onto my download like a PT-style curiosity, but I'm definitely paying for the game when it's released, for one reason:

I know what Kiryu does to people with no integrity:
giphy.gif

i like the way they are acting like some players had an "exploit" and that is why they removed it, ruining other's fun. When in reality Sega US fucked up.
Now they have removed even the EU demo. :(

OH-MyCar

i like the way they are acting like some players had an "exploit" and that is why they removed it, ruining other's fun. When in reality Sega US fucked up.

I almost don’t blame Sega for rolling with that narrative because it’s a lot easier than getting corporate clearance to say “Woah, we really fucked up”. It’s more tiresome that a lot of other people are rolling with the usual gamers are awful routine from it, despite all of the evidence that Sega just happened to accidentally upload the entire game.

BANGS

Banned
oh my that's awful... wtf SEGA get your shit together! So sick of my favorite games company acting like complete amateurs every chance they get to pull off something big...

Mathrin

Lol, the demo is not available in EU.....

Oh really? I downloaded it yesterday and played a bit of it. Don't remember it being a "prologue only" version either.

Hoping they don't revoke the license or anything.... I can't remember if I put the console to standby or off now :/

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Well apparently licenses revoked. I unplugged from the network yesterday and was still able to play. I still have my collectors edition pre-ordered and will keep it, but will enjoy the game the next two months. Hopefully once I install the physical disc I can delete the demo and go back online. Hopefully the save file will still work after I install the disc.

llien

Lol, the demo is not available in EU.....

Sega pulled the highly anticipated "Yakuza 6: The Song of Life" demo this week from the PlayStation Store after discovering some players had inadvertently gained access to the full game using the demo. From a report:This discovery came only hours after the demo was initially released for PlayStation 4. The Japanese video game company tweeted, "We are as upset as you are, and had hoped to have this demo available for everyone today. We discovered that some were able to use the demo to unlock the full game." [...] When the demo was initially released it required more than 36 GB of storage, to the surprise of many video game critics. Kotaku, an online entertainment publication, suggests that the demo was so large because it actually contained the entire game, but was supposed to restrict everything beyond the first few stages of the game.

slashdot`

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

Yeah, mine’s locked now.

I’m only slightly miffed about taking a 50 gig hit to my data plan and not even getting the demo I expected out of it (What with mandatory Comcast in the area and their cap, I didn’t even YouTube yesterday until it refreshed this morning). Other than that? It’s fine. Kazuma would’ve been disappointed in me anyhow.

The game being a large 30gb+ file is not the problem. That's always been the case,so as soon as you buy the game, the rest of the game unlocks (on release)
The japanese demo is available for download since 2016. (its the exact same demo) they never had this problem.

Why don't they just re-upload the demo right now?

Some of the folks got lucky. Me having 2 Pros i would've transferred Y6 to another Pro and stayed fully offline. Reason I didn't, wanted to go in fresh on launch. ...@$!#% Apr 20th it drops isn't..@$!!%.

Top Bottom