• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
In #5 do I have to get Harukas level to 20 to unlock Amon or just the combat characters? It's really dragging doing all those schedule events when some are worth only 900xp (I've done all her sub stories except for the last one in Kamurocho).

You need to do all the substories to get Amon, though I think Haruka fights separately from the guys so you can do that before the guys.

Doing all the side stuff however does help in you being prepared for the Amon fight since it's the toughest fight for Haruka.

Gen X

Oh shit, yeah, sorry, for some reason I thought I had to get them up to level 20 but that's for a trophy. I had a brain lapse, my bad. 😂

jacobeid

Banned
End of Yakuza 0 plot question:
How did Majima recognize Kiryu at the end?
I don't remember them ever meeting or mentioning each other up to that point.

It's a scene that's supposed to be set (I'm assuming) after the events of Yakuza 0, but before the events of Yakuza 1.

So in that period where
they're both Yakuza.

They do meet eventually and have a long and very unhealthy relationship.

Opa-Pa

^Another point I loved about the story is that now Majima's weird fondness and admiration for Kazuma is explained by him knowing about how he was instrumental in protecting Makoto from danger, so he knows they were fighting for the same cause without knowing each other.

They both (more or less) became legendary within the Tojo clan, so they probably recognize each other without necessarily being acquainted yet.

Opa-Pa

Not crazy about the song, but the new Receive you is so bad that I don't mind too much.

The western intro of 0 was fantastic also, and I like the original.

The saddest thing will be if the song written for RGG 6 isn't used for Y6 :(

That song is so good. Just listening to it makes me sad and I can't understand a word.

Gen X

I'm not sure if something went wrong with my game or what but I'm sure Haruka had one more substory which was revealed on the map after speaking with Baba in Kamurocho. However, I took a Taxi to Osaka to do some of those scheduled events like Handshaking, Love to Smile etc. I'm supposed to have 4 more Dance Battle Missions and the little people on the map aren't there but the Dancers are around the city (like that first Hard Battle with the guy under the tree by the river) , it's just beating them does nothing.

I gave up wandering around so went back to Kamurocho and the last substory "?" has disappeared off the map. Haruka had 2/6 Dance Battles completed and 14/15 substories. I gave up and just went back to the studio to practice with T-Set to progress the story beyond the point of no return.

Luckily I created a second save only a day ago so will see what's available but I can't remember who I was up to.

Yakuza Kiwami opening: https://youtu.be/k5ynYzzCmII
No "Receive you" unfortunately...

hmm...thought it might have had a chance if making it over since it's a new version of a song from the original game...oh well, wonder what will replace it in
the 2nd Shimano boss fight.

That song is so good. Just listening to it makes me sad and I can't understand a word.

I doubt it will make it over since it wasn't done internally, the licensed songs are usually the first thing to go.

I'm less worried about the song being cut (because its a dead cert) and far more worried about what it'll be replaced with. That song is used in some very emotional scenes in the game, and replacing it with the wrong piece of music would be a fucking awful move, so I hope Sega are putting a lot of effort into getting a decent alternative in place, else it'll be the second biggest disappointment in that game for me :(

Anyway, been playing way more Yakuza 0 today. Doing the Majima cabaret stuff and its just as great as I remember. Just wish it'd earn you more money, as you get a ok amount, but next to Kiryu's real estate it seems like a pretty paltry amount. Also played an unhealthy amount of Super Hang On, which I just can't make any decent progress on. Its bloody hard, and not in the fun Space Harrier way. I honestly feel I've more chance of 1cc'ing Space Harrier than finishing any of the three harder routes in Super Hang On!

Gen X

I managed to 1cc the arcade version of Super Hang On back in the day but it's been 27+ years since I did that 😂 Space Harrier though, never liked those style games, that goes for Afterburner too.

I managed to 1cc the arcade version of Super Hang On back in the day but it's been 27+ years since I did that 😂 Space Harrier though, never liked those style games, that goes for Afterburner too.

Nice one :) Only racers I think I ever got half decent at were arcadey ones like Ridge Racer. One thing that makes Super Hang On hard for me is the boost mechanic - driving well isn't enough, you have to drive well AND boost in order to clear the later areas. Best I've managed on the junior course was getting to right near the end of stage 10 then running out of time. Not managed to replicate that success since!

Space Harrier just seems to click with me, so on a good day I can usually get fairly far. Afterburner though I just suck at, that just seems obscenely hard.

Sallokin

If you're talking about Soubou then unless it was included in the deal to bring it over (along with the rest of Yamashita Tatsuro's songs they used in the game), I think you should prepare yourself now. That song is like 30 years old at this point and wasn't made just for the game so I'd imagine licensing stuff applies.

I agree with Shadow on this point; more than any other title in the series those tracks are pretty integral to the feeling of certain scenes so I hope they stick around.

I kind of enjoyed the breakdown. It's clearly by the Yakuza sound team, it has that 'sound' to it, but yeah, it's no Receive You.

I like how it ends on the same scene as the original PS2 OP.

Of course it is, it's a remix of Turning Point from the original game, and it's the theme of the install screen as well.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to purchase a copy of Kiwami until December probably, so someone should snag two copies on launch to cover for me :p.

I kind of enjoyed the breakdown. It's clearly by the Yakuza sound team, it has that 'sound' to it, but yeah, it's no Receive You.

I like how it ends on the same scene as the original PS2 OP.
It just doesn't fit with that intro at all imo. And the fact that it's just a 20-30 second loop makes it even worse.

N° 2048

Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/devilleon7/status/896650590968795137
EDIT: BUG confirmed: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246124748&postcount=3293

DHGJxj8W0AA45ID.jpg

DHGJyLpXgAA1WJg.jpg

Whaaatttt?

This was even in the original PS2 release, why would they remove this? Maybe it's a glitch or they unintentionally removed it or something?

Uh... what the heck? That's a rather worrying omen... There's no reason to remove the goons from that cutscene, it'd partially ruin how respected Kazuma is having them all bow in his presence. That best be an error, and if not I can't wait to hear Sega's idiotic excuse... (oh well, at least I still have the Japanese version).

Gen X

Are we sure there's not another similar scene in the game without the crowd and someone's pulling the wool over our eyes?

Very strange. Wonder why they felt the need to make any changes? The change of goons around Kazuma is not a big deal for me though, if it hadn't have been pointed out I'd never have noticed, but that crowd gone is instantly noticeable.

So they've even changed character models for that scene? That's really bizarre. I mean, why remove the goons and change the models? I just don't understand.

I just hope it isn't a symptom of a wider issue. I don't like the idea of them changing things from the Japanese version which I felt was already perfectly ok. It may suggest that other things have been changed... and that does concern me quite a bit, not quite of the level of Yakuza 3's cuts but still I really don't see the need to be making any of these changes. Its not like they would cause technical problems, or is a licensing issue or anything so why change them? Good thing I'll almost certainly still be playing 0 when Kiwami releases, it'll be interesting to see what else surfaces in the mean time and see if these things get patched back to how they were in the Japanese release.

Nice quick confirmation there. Just hope there aren't any other surprises waiting to be found! Now I'm off to get back to managing my Hostess empire in Yakuza 0....

robotrock

Banned
Folks, I started playing Yakuza 5 maybe six months ago but I fell off shortly after the first act concluded.

Are there any recaps of just the first act out there?

Gen X

What is Kiryus last sub story in #5, do I need to find Amon? I looked at a guide on the substories and it lists 14, I've done 14 but it says there's a total of 15.

Also I done fucked up, Harukas last sub story disappeared (as I mentioned above a couple of days ago) so I'm 1 short as I've do e all the rest bar Kiryus one I've just mentioned.

What is Kiryus last sub story in #5, do I need to find Amon? I looked at a guide on the substories and it lists 14, I've done 14 but it says there's a total of 15.

Also I done fucked up, Harukas last sub story disappeared (as I mentioned above a couple of days ago) so I'm 1 short as I've do e all the rest bar Kiryus one I've just mentioned.

Kiryu's last side story should be Amon so that'd explain why your still one short. But to unlock it you need to complete all other side stories. Not sure why one of Haruka's has disappeared though, can't help you there. Side stories shouldn't disappear anymore (has been that way since at least Yakuza 4) so I dare say it maybe glitched?

Gen X

Kiryu's last side story should be Amon so that'd explain why your still one short. But to unlock it you need to complete all other side stories. Not sure why one of Haruka's has disappeared though, can't help you there. Side stories shouldn't disappear anymore (has been that way since at least Yakuza 4) so I dare say it maybe glitched?

Thanks. In relation to Harukas missing sub story, as mentioned earlier, it was there outside the studio in Kamurocho, but I traveled to Osaka to finish up there, when I came back the sub story "?" wasn't there and hasn't been since.

Anyway, I've just progressed the main characters to the point of no return as I've done all I can be bothered bar a few trophies like playing Pachinko games 3 times each and the hostess stuff as so far I've put ose to 110hrs on my first play through. I'm hoping Zero arrives in the mail tomorrow as I ordered it last Monday.

Top Bottom