• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza KIWAMI |OT| Translator's Note: "KIWAMI" means "EXTREME"

alt27

For anyone struggling with Goro race 3 at pocket circuit - this is what I used to win. Had to press circle a couple of times but pretty comfortbale win by 2 secs

Golem Tiger
Ultra low profile tires, ultra metal frame, ultra godspeed motor , ultra godspeed gears,
high speed battery, heavy suspension, bumper plate, NO side stabilizers at all

Takuan

Power in 0 was tied to money, which is easy to exploit early in game due to the side businesses. In Kiwami, I was able to get a lot of XP from substories but it still took me forever to beat Majima in the batting cages.

In 0 I was also able to stick with one style - Slugger for Majima and Beast for Kazuma took care of 90% of my battles. In Kiwami I see myself changing styles more often.

Did that fight yesterday. Took like 5 tries to finally get him down. I've only unlocked the Brawler Kiwami finisher, so I couldn't do much but spam attacks while he healed up.

I actually just discovered the upgrade wheels yesterday after getting my butt whooped in Purgatory. Once I upgraded health & power I was good.

I think I've been going through the story too fast; need to take it slower and do more side stuff.

Opa-Pa

Yakuza KIWAMI |OT2| Kiwami finishers are unlockable and the first things available on the south path of the Soul board

I have every part for the cars, my problems is either being too slow and getting smoked by all the other racers or being too fast and flying off of the track. There is no in between.

You don't need to do that because i never knew about that secret shop and i've arrived to the last race (i can't manage to win that unfortunately... i think the solution is in this secret shop)
Anyway i'm on chapter 7 and i'm actually using the main missions as a break to all the side missions i'm doing lol... i'm at like 17-18 hours.

Oh that's a relief lol, I really thought you needed very specific setups for some, but I guess it's more permissive than I thought.

For that race I used the high torque mark II or something like that, which reauired so many points that the limit made it somewhat easy to figure out what else I needed. I was ahead of his car pretty much the entire race and only needed to boost when he did near the end of the race.

By the way, for RC racing, does the car itself make a difference too? I'd rather never get rid of GOREM TAIGA, but I already own two more.

Ydelnae

Can you request Goromi to show up at Shine? I had my first meeting with her and would like to know if there's more to the it or if she is just an one time thing.

alt27

So with the Majima everywhere system (I read the guides but there not very clear) my tree is stuck on 41/48 and i basically need
zombie and/or idol majima
to spawn. Are thease at the set places I got him before
nightclub for idol and near the old Y0 telephone club
or are they just random. And can I just wait at thease areas or do I have to go in and out of areas to see if it will reset the spawn?

Any help would be appreciated!

Opa-Pa

Breaker and Slugger Majima encounters feel like karma for exploiting those sweet stunlock combos in 0 lmao.

Can you request Goromi to show up at Shine? I had my first meeting with her and would like to know if there's more to the it or if she is just an one time thing.

Pretty sure it's a one time thing. A shame.

So with the Majima everywhere system (I read the guides but there not very clear) my tree is stuck on 41/48 and i basically need
zombie and/or idol majima
to spawn. Are thease at the set places I got him before
nightclub for idol and near the old Y0 telephone club
or are they just random. And can I just wait at thease areas or do I have to go in and out of areas to see if it will reset the spawn?

Any help would be appreciated!

When you say you got them before, you mean the calls/messages or the events themselves? You can't get the events with him again, but if you didn't go where you were asked to at first, you can spawn Goromi randomly, for example. I didn't go immediately to Shine and by the time I did I just got Rina, but at some point I randomly got Goromi instead after entering the building and being assigned a random girl.

Also I might be wrong, but I think these Majima Everywhere events only trigger when your Rank gauge is full, so if it is, I imagine one event HAS to trigger eventually when you visit those places provided you didn't already clear them.

alt27

Breaker and Slugger Majima encounters feel like karma for exploiting those sweet stunlock combos in 0 lmao.

Pretty sure it's a one time thing. A shame.

When you say you got them before, you mean the calls/messages or the events themselves? You can't get the events with him again, but if you didn't go where you were asked to at first, you can spawn Goromi randomly, for example. I didn't go immediately to Shine and by the time I did I just got Rina, but at some point I randomly got Goromi instead after entering the building and being assigned a random girl.

Also I might be wrong, but I think these Majima Everywhere events only trigger when your Rank gauge is full, so if it is, I imagine one event HAS to trigger eventually when you visit those places provided you didn't already clear them.

Yeah - I did all the special events when they happened - but like my skill tree now says in the requirments bit - Learning requirment - Reach rank S in Majima Everywhere, then defeat Everyones Idol Goro in Town.

When I orginally did the Idol, i was below rank S so not sure how to fill this in now unless he randomly spawns

Opa-Pa

That's weird... But the "in town" bit suggests to me that he should show up as a random encounter somewhere? I think all the requirements worded like that involve random encounters with him.

alt27

That's weird... But the "in town" bit suggests to me that he should show up as a random encounter somewhere? I think all the requirements worded like that involve random encounters with him.

Now you mention it I have seen police office majima just randomly walking around, so yeah gonna just have to run around and keep my eyes peeled

Played through it. Took me only 25h. I didn't find the substories to be interesting after Yakuza 0.

End of 2018 for Kiwami to at the earliest, I presume, sigh.

Once you get the 2nd to last Komaki ability Majima becomes trivial. Breaker went from being my toughest Majima fight to the easiest one after that. It just does so much damage, and Breaker style has so many openings its just non stop bar destruction. I think I beat him once with only one recharge cycle.

And again, anyone know how to get Dragon's Speed Reborn?

Mesharey

Anyone uses Dragon style when you start?
I upgraded like 6-7 levels in it, no idea if it's viable yet.
Ok thanks, I tried multiple locations and he just won't show up. I think I need to rank up to D, but the guy just won't appear at either of the clubs :(
I searched for 3 big cones here, they're in the guide, north near the taxi, I think that's where you need to go.

Shifty

Anyone uses Dragon style when you start?
I upgraded like 6-7 levels in it, no idea if it's viable yet.

I feel like it'll only become viable after you unlock its heat actions and heat bar gain. I've unlocked up to the charged finishing attacks so far and it just feels weak.

anyone have any luck getting Everyone's Idol Goro to spawn around town?
Yeah, I just got a few hours ago.

The "special" variations certainly do spawn but it's a bit too RNG. They're generally the ones wandering around so you can see them on the map with your sensor.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, I just got a few hours ago.

The "special" variations certainly do spawn but it's a bit too RNG. They're generally the ones wandering around so you can see them on the map with your sensor.

Is there an encounter finder in this game or does he just appear when he's wandering on the map? Also where was the spot he popped up at?

Is there an encounter finder in this game or does he just appear when he's wandering on the map? Also where was the spot he popped up at?
For me he popped up at Senryo Avenue I believe.

And one of the unlockable abilities for the DoD style is the Majima Sensor. When he's up and about, you can see it on the map. When hes nearby but hidden, you hear the "KIRYU-CHAN" sound.

Alucrid

Banned
For me he popped up at Senryo Avenue I believe.

And one of the unlockable abilities for the DoD style is the Majima Sensor. When he's up and about, you can see it on the map. When hes nearby but hidden, you hear the "KIRYU-CHAN" sound.

Ah okay, didn't know it was a skill now. Wasn't sure if he was popping up on the map because I was close or had the skill. I guess I'll keep zoning in and out around Senryo then and hope he appears, thanks.

edit: found him through dumb luck.

dimmer

This game will eat my life. Just got into chapter 8 and playtime in the save file is already
30 hours.
How? Damn mini games and sub stories

So it's totally cool if I play 0 after this, right? Kiwami was cheaper, and I wasn't sure I'd enjoy the series. Spoiler: I fucking love it so far! Is 0 bigger than Kiwami? Only gripe is the world is a bit smallish, but I'm only on Chapter 6 or so. Don't know if it opens up later.

Ydelnae

Goromi and the
private dance party with Majima
have cemented Kiryu and Majima as my favorite couple from Japanese media.

So it's totally cool if I play 0 after this, right? Kiwami was cheaper, and I wasn't sure I'd enjoy the series. Spoiler: I fucking love it so far! Is 0 bigger than Kiwami? Only gripe is the world is a bit smallish, but I'm only on Chapter 6 or so. Don't know if it opens up later.

Yakuza is all about have a really small district that's packed incredibly dense with content.

Yakuza 0 does have a second city though.

Peroroncino

anyone have any luck getting Everyone's Idol Goro to spawn around town?

It's easy, make sure you're in calm mode [as in no heat] go on Nakamichi street, enter some restaurant/store, preferably northernmost and exit/re-enter until you hear Majima jingle and see him on the mini-map, then you run up to him, if it's Idol, bingo, if not, repeat the process.

Took me 5-10 minutes yesterday to spawn him.

Pretty much all the main games are centered around the very same Kamurocho district that you're exploring right now with some minor and major differences as the years go by. Though a lot of the games feature additional areas. 0 for example has another (Slightly smaller.) district in Osaka that you'll be visiting and in 4 you could visit the rooftops, the sewers, as well as the undergound mall. (The stairs leading to the underground mall are actually there in both 0 and Kiwami, they're at the south end of the map, but they're only accessible in 4.)

You might say this asset reuse is kinda lazy and done for budgetary reasons and you'd probably be right, but somehow it works in the series' favor, it's nice coming back from game to game, feeling instantly at home and yet seeing all the changes that happened over time.

As for 0...no matter how small the game's map is, the amount of content is insane.

Having the a smaller map is in my opinion a positive. You form emotional connections with different landmarks that carry from game to game. It's really awesome seeing the city develop and change as the years go on. Also getting to see this district in the 80s was one of the best things about Yakuza 0.

You also have the added benefit of knowing where to go. If an npc asks to meet you at theater Square, you know exactly what they are talking about without opening a map or looking at a way point.

Even after having played 0, I still don't seem to "get" Yakuza boss battles.
I just finished Chapter 3 here and the boss fight felt like a strange slog of me using chip damage for what felt like an eternity.
I feel like I have to be missing something here.

did i f up by skipping pocket racers in yakuza 0? seems like its a big deal

One of the best things in Y0

Even after having played 0, I still don't seem to "get" Yakuza boss battles.
I just finished Chapter 3 here and the boss fight felt like a strange slog of me using chip damage for what felt like an eternity.
I feel like I have to be missing something here.

No one here liked chapter 3's boss

Ydelnae

did i f up by skipping pocket racers in yakuza 0? seems like its a big deal

If you feel like coming back to Y0 to complete the Pocket races, you can probably do the whole thing in ~2 hours if you know where to get the components needed for the last races.

MYeager

Goromi and the
private dance party with Majima
have cemented Kiryu and Majima as my favorite couple from Japanese media.

21167497_10211674484590316_4795306679293302165_o.jpg

sotojuan

I think the substories in Kiwami are fine, but the reason people really like 0's is that they usually have a twist in the end e.g.
the guy looking for his daughter ends up becoming her daughter's lookalike's sugar daddy instead of just leaving
. In Kiwami I can see a lot of substories that could end with a twist but instead they just end like how you'd expect them to - for the most part. I did like the one where
a middle aged woman was looking for her bag with clothes she uses to look 18
. The writers definitely improved their comedy/fun writing skills over the years!

Imho both this and zero have shined in the goofy sub stories. In zero we has majima sticking his head out from behind cover like a cartoon. In here we have Kiryu doing the most cartoony sneak walk I've ever seen in a game lmao

Anyone think the encounter rate is a bit high? Can't go walk for 10 seconds without someone trying to fight me.
I've reached a point I just avoid 90% of fights as they don't give me enough experience to be worth a damn seeing how I'm about to cross the threshold where every new upgrade is 85 points

Top Bottom