• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Zero: The Promised Land |Import OT| - Party like its 1988!

Sgblues

Yeah platting Ishin gets monotonous because of the Virya Catalog and having to do certain things "X amount of times" when you can't just spam and have to leave and re-enter certain areas to do stuff like in the Another life.

Collect 10 eggs from the chickens: no prob

Collect 30 eggs from the chickens: hmm kinda tedious...

Collect 100 eggs from the chickens: ........

And you can only get one egg at a time and zone and re-zone each time

Oh and cooking, jeez the cooking: Cook 10 meals, then 30, then 50, then 100, then 200....

Jashobeam

XKC9lBs.png

Catfight mini-game lol, nice

Yeah platting Ishin gets monotonous because of the Virya Catalog and having to do certain things "X amount of times" when you can't just spam and have to leave and re-enter certain areas to do stuff like in the Another life.

Collect 10 eggs from the chickens: no prob

Collect 30 eggs from the chickens: hmm kinda tedious...

Collect 100 eggs from the chickens: ........

And you can only get one egg at a time and zone and re-zone each time

Oh and cooking, jeez the cooking: Cook 10 meals, then 30, then 50, then 100, then 200....

That was somehow worse than farming for dragon ingredients for the final sword for modding.

I notice that 0 has something somewhat similar in that you get rewarded for doing certain actions a number of times (like performing X heat moves, and play in X play spots). Here's hoping its either more varied or just shorter in terms of completion.

Definitely going to just use up my JPN PSN credits on this. Been in there for over a year now and I need this. Will double-dip with US release if it ever comes.

Elios83

Why I stopped learning Japanese! :/ At least I'll play Yakuza 5 later this year although I admit that I was more interested in Ishin on PS4 even if technically is a spinoff.

ranmafan

Well my copy got delayed in shipping but I don't mind since Im actually trying to finish up Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 now. So a few days wait won't be too hard. Cant wait to play it though when I can.

^ Jelly

My copy with the Hot Dog Press only shipped out this morning, probably won't see it until next week. Where did you order to get the card from? Also didn't realise Kazzy was the Famitsu cover star this week, might have to nab a copy of that shortly :)

Reading this thread = urge to grab download version... rising

Vindicator

Still have my black Yakuza 4 Steelbook for PS3 but I would rather play Zero on PS4 first if it ever comes to Europe/NA. Being a prequel should be good to get some insight on the story/characters.

Anung

Un Rama
After buying Ishin whilst in Japan and absolutely adoring it there's no way I can't not import this. UK folk, where is the best place to import this from? Don't have any experience with it.

After buying Ishin whilst in Japan and absolutely adoring it there's no way I can't not import this. UK folk, where is the best place to import this from? Don't have any experience with it.

I went with Amazon Japan, but you need a forwarding service as they won't send games outside of Japan. If you prefer to buy direct, anywhere like Play Asia, CD Japan, AmiAmi etc should have it in stock right now.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

While am not from the UK do know a lot of UK GAF users use the various services I have listed in the Online Shops section of the OT. Which is why I constantly list them.

AmiAmi
Nippon-Yasan
CD Japan
HMV Japan

just caved and ordered my copy. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself when this series is still way over my japanese skill level. RGG's draw is powerful.

also just watched a few minutes of gameplay and the amount of money that is getting thrown around is hilarious. Bubble-era rules.

played for three hours and I'm still in the opening segment but I'm already feeling 0 is better than 5. 5 is my least favorite so the bar is not high though.

redacted

And lol at Kiryu says 「侵略者たちの好きにはさせん」 with a manly face when he starts playing Space Harrier. How serious he is for a video game XD

what

haven't played 5 yet

Serious question .. can you record gameplay without having to finish the game first ? ( i recall that ishin prevented recording ) Heck the demo prevent recording on PS4

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta say, not a fan of translating the title for the import thread.

In my opinion, the game should never have been called Yakuza.

Then again, this game is probably the first time that title would have been really appropriate.

dreamfall

Argh. Torn. Want to import, but I really just want it come over stateside one day. It looks so rad! I need impressions, I absolutely loved the demo.

artsi

Just started but the game is already awesome, Tokyo feels more alive than ever before, and in glorious 1080p. Music is also rad as always in the series and battles are so responsive in 60fps.

I'm very fond of the boxing fighting style, so agile.

artsi

Oh man, this one doesn't really waste time getting to the good bits. First boss battle already was epic as hell. I love the new fighting system.

Sony should not have allowed them to block screenshots and gameplay recording. Such a dumb move. It's doubly annoying how it's implemented in this one.

Parakeetman

Sony should not have allowed them to block screenshots and gameplay recording. Such a dumb move. It's doubly annoying how it's implemented in this one.

not sonys decision. segas.

if its the same as ishin players will need to beat the game first.

Parakeetman

played for three hours and I'm still in the opening segment but I'm already feeling 0 is better than 5. 5 is my least favorite so the bar is not high though.

You know the sad future of Nishiki and Kiryu. Seeing them hanging around together in Kamurocho and listening to their conversations is so good (´;ω;`)

And lol at Kiryu says 「侵略者たちの好きにはさせん」 with a manly face when he starts playing Space Harrier. How serious he is for a video game XD

out of common courtesy to others use spoiler tags ok? Since this is a prequel to everything do not assume that everyone in this thread has played the previous titles.

Klossen

Banned
I would pay good money to play a Yakuza Ishin/Zero bundle localized. Unfortunately SEGA is so painfully unpredictable with these things.

That PS3 install screen is pretty badass too. The stylish touch goes a long way to give Yakuza character.

Top Bottom