• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, The Last Guardian has gone gold

silva1991

The Last Guardian [OT] Where the hell was TLG? Oh here it is.

2396282-9287106980-downl.gif

Halabane

Yawn. At this point I really don't care and frankly the trailers have not looked interesting. This is getting a lot of hype because of history. Hope it pans out but I will wait till this is in the discount bin, way too many good games out and coming out in the next half year.

Remember when they delayed uncharted 4 weeks before release.

And you don't think they'll do it again?
This was the reasoning given for UC4 being delayed again after essentially going gold -

In an effort to meet the considerable worldwide demand, and to ensure that all gamers worldwide have the opportunity to play the game on day one, we have chosen to postpone the launch of the game by two weeks to allow for extra manufacturing time.

It would have to be something like that (won't happen) or something else completely out of the devs hands for TLG to get delayed again.

Yawn. At this point I really don't care and frankly the trailers have not looked interesting. This is getting a lot of hype because of history. Hope it pans out but I will wait till this is in the discount bin, way too many good games out and coming out in the next half year.

This game is going to be better. : p

You know, considering ICO games are all about "design by subtraction", maybe the game would be better off without an OT subtitle that tries to be funny or tries to capture the game's spirit.

The Last Guardian |OT|

That looks so simple and just seeing that title is going to be enough to make me happy.

sono

Y2Kev you asked me to cue you as you mentioned you had prepared a speech for this auspicious occasion.

The floor is yours..

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
It's easy to say that, but can you explain why those aspects were awful and shit?

The controls in Ico and the HD version of SotC were clunky as all Hell, and a chore to play (the OG version of SotC was better, but still kinda clunky). I'd go as far as saying the controls and gameplay in Ico are straight up bad, and the climbing in SotC HD was broken.

The graphics in Ico were rather meh, and it starting out on PS1 was noticeable. SotC ran like ass on PS2 and although the colossi were a novel concept in terms of graphics and game design at the time, the game wasn't a particularly impressive looker IMO.

The stories are, like I said, the best part of the games, and the only things I really liked about the games. As far as I'm concerned, Ueda/Team Ico are better at coming up with interesting stories than they are at making games.

This one is important:

We've seen many videos now, and Toriko acts exactly like that in Ueda's vision.

I wonder how many reviewers will consider it an "AI flaw" and lower the score, because of it.
Context and tone matters. Did people dock points from RDR or SoTC because your horse would wander off sometimes?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wow. Saying Ico and SotC have shit control is trolling? I honestly think both games are very clunky. Newer "art games" such as Journey spoiled me.
Ico had great controls, SotC not so much.

Both games were extremely impressive from the tech standpoint. SotC especially shouldn't have been possible on PS2. I don't think PS3 and PS4 even have games that do the kind of thing that game was doing (deformable surface collision with a playable character). Uncharted 2/3/4 had something like that but only with non-connected, discrete flat surfaces, whereas SotC had it working on a deformable arbitrary shaped surface.

Elios83

Hmm...all this talk about Ico/SotC made me realize that I never played them. I probably should before The Last Guardian.

Absolutely you have to play them!
If you have a PS3 you should try to get the HD collection for cheap.
Otherwise the games are available on PSnow and you could use the 7 days free trial to play them on both PS4 and PC.

eXistor

I've always had faith. I've been ready to cry with this game for years. I can't wait for the tears to actually come.

/edit: my original pre-order from june 2009 is still up and I was first on the list. I did pre-order the CE now, but I kept my old pre-order just for the hell of it.

Top Bottom