• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, The Last Guardian has gone gold

Asd202

This has gone gold, as soon as ffxv goes gold maaaan the feels

its-happening-1.gif

Didn't XV gone gold already?

silva1991

Here's an old Ueda interview (2009) from Dengeki about The Last Guardian.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/197/197077/

This one is important:

Ueda: Well, the reply to this question is tied to the story so I'd like to avoid answering because that would somewhat spoil the game. What I'll say is that while Toriko does listen to you, it's essentially a wild creature so it won't always do what you'd like it to 100% of the time. We've created a fine balance between Toriko's wild nature and what the player desires.

We've seen many videos now, and Toriko acts exactly like that in Ueda's vision.

I wonder how many reviewers will consider it an "AI flaw" and lower the score, because of it.

This one is important:

I wonder how many reviewers will consider it an "AI flaw" and lower the score, because of it.

I feel like most reviewers won't "get it". This game will be a masterpiece.

iratA

This one is important:

Expect it. In the modern world of twitch shooters, on demand everything, blistering connection speeds and fast life styles who has time for an unresponsive half cat half bird?

ME.

Charamiwa

Banned

People might just not like the random factor. You can explain it all you want with the unpredictability of an untamed beast, if it makes the puzzles annoying or confusing you might not like it, even if you get it.

I read a preview from Gamekult, the guy said that sometimes he had no idea if he had to wait for Trico to do something or if he had to it himself. And even if it worked after some time, he still didn't know how it happened, what triggered the progression.

I can see how that could become infuriating for a game like this. Even if you understand the idea behind it.

Lixhul

Banned
Let's be honest, this game is a 6-7 overall all day. It's an upgraded PS3 title. I cannot see this ending well, and it has been a complete balls-up on everyone who has been involved in the project.

schaft0620

Team ICO is not a studio. It is basically a project team build by Ueda to make games. They all work under Sony Studios Japan. Yes, TLG was announced a long time ago, but it hasn't been in active development, so your statement is wrong.

You say that like they scraped everything they had and started over.

And you know what I mean

silva1991

People might just not like the random factor. You can explain it all you want with the unpredictability of an untamed beast, if it makes the puzzles annoying or confusing you might not like it, even if you get it.

I read a preview from Gamekult, the guy said that sometimes he had no idea if he had to wait for Trico to do something or if he had to it himself. And even if it worked after some time, he still didn't know how it happened, what triggered the progression.

I can see how that could become infuriating for a game like this. Even if you understand the idea behind it.

I understand why it would be frustrating for many, but to me I only see the beauty of it.

jayu26

You say that like they scraped everything they had and started over.
That's the point though. Normally when a game is in development this long it means that something was wrong fundamentally and they had to change their original vision. That is not the case with TLG. It is same game that they envisioned. It's just that PS3 could not run it.

schaft0620

No. Shu flat out said so. What Ueda is saying is that he saw fine with whatever he was achieving with PS3. There is no contradiction. Ueda was also fine with Shadow of Colossus's performance on PS2.

Going to need a source on that fames issue

don't underestimate how spoiled this industry is nowadays

The ICO & SotC HD Collection is still one the highest scored remasters to ever be released, and it didn't come out that long ago. As long as the game isn't fundamentally flawed in some way, like broken controls or something, then it should do relatively well with the press. I do think that elevated expectations due to its protracted development will mean it won't be received quite as favourably as the previous two Team ICO games though.

Mutombo

(It's a fake account)

Ah too bad. I don't understand the deleting of the tweet then.

Anyway: fuck yeah, Last Guardian. Gameplay wise I don't expect it's quite up to date. But I do expect some serious feels and AI complexity when it comes to the animal.

Top Bottom