• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, The Last Guardian has gone gold

tumblr_n2sp9pgI0S1tvjrxro1_250.gif

This was the perfect response to that guy's post lol

silva1991

Thread title should be updated?

Guess we will wait again :(

The only good about FFXV is the graphics right!! smh

I didn't say that, I was only referring to TLG when I talked about the graphics, but many of TLG threads haters bring up the " it looks like a PS3 game meh" and our friend here brought it up as usual by saying it still looks like it looked back first trailer.

It's not even the first time he posted stuff like this in TLG thread and I'm not sure why he keeps posting in them if he doesn't give a shit about the game.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So, let's see what I've collected
The Last Guardian |OT| Only on PlayStation 2
The Last Guardian |OT| Al Gore's Super Serial about CatBirdDog
The Last Guardian |OT| idontbelieveyou.gif
The Last Guardian |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?
The Last Guardian |OT| Yes, seriously

Throw your ideas at me, ty

The Last Guardian |OT| What year is it?

SiteSeer

So, let's see what I've collected
The Last Guardian |OT| Only on PlayStation 2
The Last Guardian |OT| Al Gore's Super Serial about CatBirdDog
The Last Guardian |OT| idontbelieveyou.gif
The Last Guardian |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?
The Last Guardian |OT| Yes, seriously

Throw your ideas at me, ty
The Last Guardian |OT| At Last

Here's an old Ueda interview (2009) from Dengeki about The Last Guardian.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/197/197077/

Dengeki: You're showing The Last Guardian for the first time here in Japan at the Tokyo Game Show. What can we expect?

Fumito Ueda: A considerable amount of information was presented in June's E3 trailer, so naturally, this time around, there are fewer things to share. That said, we do show the game's primary concept, and I think you can also see we've successfully merged the organic collision deformation from Shadow of the Colossus with the artificial intelligence of ICO. I am sure this could not have been achieved with previous consoles so it was only because of the PlayStation 3 and the power it's capable of that this was accomplished.

In the past we've faced incredible technical challenges, and you could say working with The Last Guardian was not any different since we're trying to do something completely new. We've also found new ways to develop and tell the story in a game.

Dengeki: The logo for The Last Guardian is quite unique, isn't it?

Ueda: We're using three different fonts for the logo. It's a bit like Toriko's design where we create an amalgamation of different elements to create something quite mismatched. We did that to show there are many elements that form the game. The logo is also a mixture of adult-like and childish handwriting. I wanted all these things included in the typeface.

Dengeki: In the game, is the boy on good terms with Toriko, and does the relationship change as the game progresses?

Ueda: Well, the reply to this question is tied to the story so I'd like to avoid answering because that would somewhat spoil the game. What I'll say is that while Toriko does listen to you, it's essentially a wild creature so it won't always do what you'd like it to 100% of the time. We've created a fine balance between Toriko's wild nature and what the player desires.

Dengeki: What message are you trying to pass on to the fans with this new trailer?

Ueda: This trailer's all about the giant eagle Toriko, as you can see. I wanted to show how it moves naturally. I don't know whether you've noticed or not, but every body part is animated. Toriko's whiskers move, and after a while, its ears move independently. I wanted fans to notice those movements.

Dengeki: What's the most different thing in this game compared to your previous efforts?

Ueda: The natural expressions of an animal. With Shadow of the Colossus and its console, the PlayStation 2, we were limited as to what we could achieve. We had to cut out an incredible volume of information. Now we don't have to do that anymore. Everything's expressed naturally — even the movement of the eyes. If the object of attention moves, so do the eyes of the characters following it. We're also able to express for the first time, thanks to the new hardware, the ferocious behavior of wild animals. I hope we did a good job.

Dengeki: What were your inspirations for this particular game?

Ueda: I have many, obviously. To name two, E.T. and My Neighbor Totoro. We've also looked at the charm and qualities of different animals, but not only that — we've focused on the wild behavior of these animals as well.

Dengeki: I'm really intrigued by the sounds the creature makes.

Ueda: It's strange, isn't it? I like that too. It's always the same creature but it produces a variety of sounds.

Dengeki: Do you have a message for your fans?

Ueda: Like you can imagine, we're feeling pressure, but we're doing our very best to not only we meet your expectations but surpass them. Please wait a little longer and look forward to the game.

Ah well, if Shu confirmed it went gold then I guess there's no cause for concern. I wonder why that dude deleted his tweet though.

Top Bottom