• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: Team ICO’s PS3 game will be shown “soon”

raviolico

was this posted? sorry if so. found nothing.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/08/28/yoshida-team-icos-ps3-game-will-be-shown-soon/

well.... what is his definition of "soon"...?

TGS?

raxmax.jpg

I hope it's longer than 30 seconds and not 25 seconds of awesome music to build up to the unveiling of the title and say coming Fall 2009. ;(

Speevy

Banned
People are allowed to say what was shown behind closed doors, even if they're not supposed to speak about it.

Why hasn't this been confirmed before now?

Busty

Banned
While everyone feverishly discusses the next Team ICO game. There are actually some members of NeoGAF who have already seen this game in motion.

I know for a fact that it's already been shown at one (or some) of the internal Sony first party 'Game Shows'.

So there we are. People have actually laid eyes on this game. And it could be anyone. It might even be you.

Just think on that for a bit.

Visualante said:
Shown behind closed doors at GC'08. Someone has an exclusive I reckon.

I'd be surprised if such an important game for Sony would be dealt with in such a manner.

In terms of how it's revealed to the press I think that it'll debut in a fashion similar to Killzone2.

The actual Killzone2 game, not the infamous trailer of E3 2005 of course.

deepbrown

Busty said:
While everyone feverishly discusses the next Team ICO game. There are actually some members of NeoGAF who have already seen this game in motion.

I know for a fact that it's already been shown at one (or some) of the internal Sony first party 'Game Shows'.

So there we are. People have actually laid eyes on this game. And it could be anyone. It might even be you.

Just think on that for a bit.

I'd be surprised if such an important game for Sony would be dealt with in such a manner.

In terms of how it's revealed to the press I think that it'll debut in a fashion similar to Killzone2.

Whistles
whistle.gif

Wurm said:
Penis clasped. I am ready for launch, captain. Commence Ignition Sequence.
Wurms don't have willies. But they can have sex with themselves. Lucky for some :lol

Baha

This makes me wonder if that incredible game that the one BBC journalist saw was in fact the TeamICO game...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I can't wait to see the direction they take this in. I have no doubt this game will be absolutely beautiful.

Danielsan

Doubledex said:
Maybe you don't know what a masterpiece is?
He probably doesn't.

Btw, Del Toro also thinks highly of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Devil May Cry and Bioshock.
Excellent taste if you ask me.

ueo119

Banned
Chû Totoro said:
This guy seems to have played only two games.
I can quote like 10 masterpieces right now.

He did call other games masterpieces in the article: Gadget and Cosmology of Kyoto. He also loved Bioshock and a fan of RE, Silent Hill, and DMC. I was just selectively quoting for the hype train.

ghibli99

For non-news, this got me pretty damned excited!

Busty said:
How'd Ico and SOTC sell? I know GAF loves them, but how'd they do in Japan, US and other regions?

Busty said:

It's pretty much a niche what Team ICO does- they have a cult following. I think it'd be much smarter to put it on the cover of a magazine before doing the rest. Colossus didn't exactly sell fantastically at 1 million world wide, they need to break the game out in a really big way.

Who knows.. maybe they'll put it on QORE or something. I don't think it would be wise of them to do another viral blog thing because that plays into the same cult audience that ICO and Colossus has. As far as TGS goes, is it really smart to put Colossus out in the spot light from a consumer point of view? They'd be wiser to cart out GT5, Little Big Planet and Final Fantasy XIII.. games that could or should perform a lot better in Japan.

Top Bottom