• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Woolly World: new batch of screenshots

Geoff

Banned
Jun 21, 2011
Never seen anything like this before!

The just-visible strings holding up the cloud platforms! As if the whole game has been knitted and made using stop motion animation.

Espada

Feb 26, 2007
New York City
The yarn aesthetic has had me hooked since Epic Yarn, and this latest batch of screenshots just strengthens my love for this look. Looks great!

Balb

Dec 14, 2007
Looks damn good.

Hoping to god the level design is there too. Kirby's Epic Yarn's art style couldn't save that game for me :(

Reila

Jun 2, 2013
darkadia.com
Looks damn good.

Hoping to god the level design is there too. Kirby's Epic Yarn's art style couldn't save that game for me :(
Nothing wrong with the level design in Epic Yarn. The problem (to some) was the lack of any challenge, but I don't know why one would expect to be challenged in a Kirby game.

Anyways, this game looks gorgeous. Hoping this is the first proper successor to Yoshi's Island.

Nocturnowl

Jan 1, 2011
Good Feel seem to have spent a lot of time on this one, here's hoping Yoshi's redemption has come at last.

djlr181

May 8, 2006
Is this really going to come out in Europe before both Japan and North America? Has that ever happened before?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oct 31, 2007
With Kirby next week and this in two months, we're getting so much adorable cuteness on WiiU soon. I hope my heart can take it.

Agent Gibbs

Apr 8, 2013
Leeds
I just hope it doesn't have god aweful music like new yoshi's island, looks amazing glad i've pre-ordered (mainly so i can get an amiibo before all stock goes to resellers and international orders)

Sir TapTap

Jun 17, 2014
USA
sirtaptap.com
I just hope it doesn't have god aweful music like new yoshi's island, looks amazing glad i've pre-ordered (mainly so i can get an amiibo before all stock goes to resellers and international orders)
Good Feel did a pretty good job with Kirby style music (just a bit fluffier) in Epic Yarn. Wouldn't expect any of the awfulness of New Island from them.

jonno394

May 28, 2010
the fact you can see a castle and flags in world 1, does that mean we're going to have a proper world map (like NSMB U/3D World) that you can run around in or will we be restricted to the lines between levels (as seen in world 2 part of the map)?

lt519

May 17, 2013
Backgrounds look a little dull but the rest looks amazing. Excited for that hub world too, worked well for SM3DW (despite still thinking a 3D game should have a fully explorable 3D hub).

-Horizon-

Aug 29, 2012
Very nice look and cute as well. Not going to get it though. I told myself that platformers are not for me. Will get the yarn amiibo though :3

Jul 15, 2012
Same developers as Epic Yarn, right? Outside of the lack of difficulty, it was pretty good. I'll be picking this one up if reviews look as good as Yarn's.

maxcriden

Sep 15, 2013
www.neogaf.com
Nothing wrong with the level design in Epic Yarn. The problem (to some) was the lack of any challenge, but I don't know why one would expect to be challenged in a Kirby game.
That's true of the base game, but going for 100% in KEY or any other Kirby game is plenty tough. We're working on KEY right now and some of the levels are very difficult to 100%!