• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Nostalgia, You Lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
3463353_s1_i2.jpg

Goofy Golf Machine anyone???

Entropia

No One Remembers
demon said:
Anyone have this book as a kid?

1a66T.jpg

For some reason I have really fond, yet vague and distant memories of reading this book or my mom reading this book to me when I was a little kid.

That looks very, very familiar. Also, do not google image search "mister dog."

GDGF

Soothsayer
demon said:
Anyone have this book as a kid?

http://imgur.com/1a66T.jpg[IMG]

For some reason I have really fond, yet vague and distant memories of reading this book or my mom reading this book to me when I was a little kid.[/QUOTE]

Not that one, but you reminded me of one of my favorite Goldenbooks as a kid...

[img] http://traceygjones.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/the_monster_at_the_end_of_this_book_starring_lovable_furry_old_grover.jpg

ShinAmano

DaCocoBrova said:
Got me.

My contributions:
God-Marz-Dx.jpg

There's this one robot that everyone had (in my International nerd circle). I remember the name being Guardian. It was rather tall, blue and looked dope as fuck. It had smaller robots inside. None of which were very pose-able, but I loved that thing and played with it whenever I could. Can't find a picture online for shit though.

Was it this one:
2s0es8z1.jpg

I still have this in the box :D The name i had on the box was 'Machine Dolphin'

I also have God Mars, but he is not in as good of shape. Godankins were the shit!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Tale Spin
tale-spin.jpg

773c.jpg

Super Bowl 31
Superbowl_XXXI_logo.jpg

1favre126.jpg

Boy Meets World
59410.gif

Home Improvement
Home-Improvement-tv-04.jpg

Mr Men and Little Miss Characters
Mr_Men-characters-poster.jpg

The Night Before Christmas
cover1.jpg

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
the-grinch.jpg

A Christmas Story
a-christmas-story.jpg

The Polar Express
book_polar_hard.jpg

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
8073.jpg

Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph
The-Original-Christmas-Classics-Rudolph-the-Red-Nosed-Reindeer-Santa-Claus-Is-Comin-to-Town-Frosty-the-Snowman-Frosty-Returns-Mr-Magoo-Christmas-Carol-B000R7G6JA-L.jpg

The Snowman
Snowman_The_Snowman_Soundtrack_CD.jpg

The BFG
259_roald-dahl-the-bfg.jpg

Duckman
duckman.jpg

Richard Scary Books
Richard_Scarrys_Busytown_GEN_ScreenShot1.jpg

Construx
construx1-filtered.jpg

Short Circuit
short_circuit.jpg

Willow
willow.jpg

Coach
3095.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Also, perhaps Spanish-speaking GAF could help me on this one... there's this one show I remember watching when I was pretty little (probably late 80's early 90's) on one of the Spanish channels. It featured puppets set up like in Mr Rogers Neighborhood, but the puppets were talking vegetables. I think one of them was a piece of corn or broccoli. (no it's not VeggieTales, this was years before that). Does this ring a bell to anybody, possibly?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
pee-wees-big-adventure-dvd-cover.jpg

Jeremylebre-PeeWeesBigAdventureBreakfastMachine982-341.jpg

The Wizard
the_wizard_11.jpg

Little Monsters
tumblr_kz0tgeLcjF1qbnu1to1_400.jpg

Drewsky

Sorry for the bump but didn't think it was worth a new thread. I watched Jurassic Park last night and for some reason I thought of these and it made me nostalgia real hard:

P7LQL.jpg

tPvuj.jpg

Cuu said:
Anyone else have these sheets? I still have the sheet and fitted sheet. I think I still have the pillowcase, but it has holes in it from overuse :lol

YHo3X.jpg

i had those sheets as well. i still have the comforter that goes with it, too.

anyone else had the eliminator?

HPIM0191.jpg

Weetrick

Drewsky said:
Sorry for the bump but didn't think it was worth a new thread. I watched Jurassic Park last night and for some reason I thought of these and it made me nostalgia real hard:

P7LQL.jpg

tPvuj.jpg

I Nostalgia'd HARD

Ferga

iidesuyo said:
I miss the old version... back when they had sailing ships, puzzles, cars etc., now it's all junk

i always hated opening one and it was just one piece. I WANTED TO BUILD MY TOYS!

The Jurassic Park watches reminded of a promo item Taco Bell was giving away:

!BdQy)zw!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKjkEq36+-Q1DBK4I)v4Li!~~_35.JPG

Congo watches.

!B0(OfQwB2k~$(KGrHqIOKiYEwwoKndFEBM,Cy!5UQQ~~_3.JPG

I remember finding one on a chair at the airport, don't remember which specific one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom