• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You will be able to use PS3 sticks on PS4 for Ultra Street Fighter 4

Do you guys reckon there will be any kind of restrictions in the online?

I'm in the EU but just realized I've got around 7 dollars on my US account, so I'll probably buy a $20 PSN card...

No other version has any restriction, I cannot imagine they'd start now.

jacobeid

Banned
You'd have to ask EightArc, probably.

Some sticks can force a mode if you plug it in with a button held down, so maybe that's something it can do? Or it might need a firmware update.

Bleh. That's super annoying that Qanv"ba sticks work but the Eightarcs don't considering they have the same internal parts as far as I know..

Note: not annoyed at you because Lab Zero made any and all of this possible. Just the situation. I really can't express my thanks enough.

Would love to hear more input from people with EightArc sticks. At least I have a MadCatz TE as well.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
『Inaba Resident』;164846340 said:
Well they only sell like 3 TE2s for the PS4 at a time. Or, at least, thats what it seems like because whenever they go up on the store, they're gone in under 20 mins.

We have a lot more than 3... lol.

Skilletor

『Inaba Resident』;164846340 said:
Well they only sell like 3 TE2s for the PS4 at a time. Or, at least, thats what it seems like because whenever they go up on the store, they're gone in under 20 mins.

It's actually just Markman buying them all to make it seem like there's huge demand.

Just look at his closet. Dude is hoarding all of the sticks they make. Surely this business method is not sustainable.

We have a lot more than 3... lol.

I'm on to your strats!

FaintDeftone

Anybody have any experience with the ChronusMax? I have the Street Fighter x Tekken MadCatz TE stick for 360 and I would love to use this thing on PS4 and Xbox One. Worth it or is it a piece of junk? I'm definitely not buying another arcade stick.

Kimosabae

Banned
So glad to finally have this news out there!

If this is the Inpin PS2 adaptor, it doesn't work - it masquerades as a DS3 which means the system completely ignores it.

I'm not entirely sure what sort of implementation USF4 ended up with.

In the future we're definitely going to provide more guidance as to what we consider the "correct" way to implement this, but a lot of it comes down to the code / profile situation they're dealing with.

Have you guys tried to contact ArcSys?

;(

vg260

Anybody have any experience with the ChronusMax? I have the Street Fighter x Tekken MadCatz TE stick for 360 and I would love to use this thing on PS4 and Xbox One. Worth it or is it a piece of junk? I'm definitely not buying another arcade stick.

Worth it for Xbox One and only on PS4 if you don't mind it reconnecting every 10 mins due to Sony's controller check.

FaintDeftone

Worth it for Xbox One and only on PS4 if you don't mind it reconnecting every 10 mins due to Sony's controller check.

Wow that's the first I heard of that. I guess it's still better than buying a whole new arcade stick if I can at least use it on XBO without problems.

I used that exact stick with CronusMax for Guilty Gear Xrd on PS4. It does disconnect and reconnect automatically every ten minutes (it takes less than a second but that's still enough to kill you mid fight) but you can set up a macro to manually reset the connection. I use back and LT. It's fine for fighting games really since no fight is gonna take 10 minutes.

It's definitely an option if you can't afford a stick. You can set macros to simulate the Share button too.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I have a stick modded by Gummo, but I don't know what board he used on the 360 TE. I don't want to buy the game only to find out my dual modded stick isn't supported. :(

Skilletor

I have a stick modded by Gummo, but I don't know what board he used on the 360 TE. I don't want to buy the game only to find out my dual modded stick isn't supported. :(

If it's a ps360, then it should work. You might need to update it, I guess? Not sure. Mine is on firmware 1.2 and works fine.

I haven't tried the toodles board (the most popular 2nd alternative).

Skilletor

Ok guys. I can only assume SFV will have this as well. Can anyone recommend me some quality PS3 fightsticks?

There's really no point buying a ps3 fightstick if you don't have one. A quality stick is going to cost you the same as a ps3/ps4 stick (every fightstick for ps4 also works on ps3), and you won't have to worry about a developer using the driver or not.

Buy a TE2 (200) or Hori Rap 4 Kai (150).

Neoxon

There's really no point buying a ps3 fightstick if you don't have one. A quality stick is going to cost you the same as a ps3/ps4 stick (every fightstick for ps4 also works on ps3), and you won't have to worry about a developer using the driver or not.

Buy a TE2 ($200) or Hori Rap 4 Kai ($150).
If you get this one, use some of the $50 you saved to buy some replacement 30mm Sanwa buttons. The ones the stick comes with aren't that good. Though the stick the Hori Rap 4 Kai comes with is fine & I'm even considering buying a Hori Hayabusa for my Eightarc Onyx (which has the standard Sanwa JLF found in most other arcade sticks).

Nose Master

I wonder if this is a response to the flood of "I'm not buying a stick for PS4 for a port, get out."

Does not in any way confirm this'll be the case for SFV, tho.

Skilletor

If you get this one, use some of the $50 you saved to buy some replacement Sanwa buttons. The ones the stick comes with aren't that good. Though the stick the Hori Rap 4 Kai comes with is fine & I'm even considering buying a Hori Hayabusa for my Eightarc Onyx (which has the standard Sanwa JLF found in most other arcade sticks).

I don't like the Kuros much, but it's certainly a YMMV thing. If it's somebody that doesn't/hasn't played on a stick much, they might not notice a difference. :)

Don't want to scare people that might not know as much into thinking this would be a mandatory thing they'd need to do.

• Injustice
  • Guilty Gear Xrd
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (correct me if I'm wrong)

Injustice and DoA are better suited on pads anyway IMO. shame about Guilty Gear tho.

Hopefully now that fucking Street Fighter is doing it, the rest of the industry will follow suit with their fighting games.

Neoxon

I don't like the Kuros much, but it's certainly a YMMV thing. If it's somebody that doesn't/hasn't played on a stick much, they might not notice a difference. :)

Don't want to scare people that might not know as much into thinking this would be a mandatory thing they'd need to do.
I can at least keep them informed. And the buttons aren't that expensive.

Neoxon

I wonder if this is a response to the flood of "I'm not buying a stick for PS4 for a port, get out."

Does not in any way confirm this'll be the case for SFV, tho.
Though since USF4 did it, our expectations will likely pressure Capcom into doing the same for SFV.

Neoxon

Woah these are sick! and they work on PS4???
If the game in question uses the Lab Zero driver, yes. So far, only USF4, MKX, & Skullgirls take advantage of the Lab Zero driver. Though just to be safe, I'd recommend a PS4 arcade stick (either the TE2 from MadCatz or, if you're willing to get some replacement Sanwa buttons, Hori's PS4 sticks).

Top Bottom