• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You will be able to use PS3 sticks on PS4 for Ultra Street Fighter 4

supahkiwi

Banned
There's really no point buying a ps3 fightstick if you don't have one. A quality stick is going to cost you the same as a ps3/ps4 stick (every fightstick for ps4 also works on ps3), and you won't have to worry about a developer using the driver or not.

Buy a TE2 (200) or Hori Rap 4 Kai (150).

Or get an Qanba stick from EightArc (Sanwa JLF + buttons) for $150 (Good for ps3/360/ps4)

vg260

I don't like the Kuros much, but it's certainly a YMMV thing. If it's somebody that doesn't/hasn't played on a stick much, they might not notice a difference. :)

Don't want to scare people that might not know as much into thinking this would be a mandatory thing they'd need to do.

Yeah, they are not bad. Not a necessity to swap them.

vg260

But they aren't near as good as a Sanwa or Semitsu button.

I did swap mine, but mostly just for consistency with other sticks I have. For a first stick I think Kuros are fine, and it's not necessarily a given you'll need to invest any more if you buy a Hori.

Moofers

This was the only thing holding me back from buying in. I'm there. Very stoked!

Is there a physical release or is it just digital? Time to go check Amazon I guess!

Skilletor

What's the difference between these two? I'm thinking of grabbing one for USF4 now since I know I'll want one for 5, is that a good idea or is there a chance that new, better sticks might come out in the meantime?

TE2 is bigger, comes stick with sanwa parts, which are generally considered the best. It's easy to mod, opens up for storage of cords.

Hrap kai comes with hori parts, which have mixed reviews. The buttons, called kuros, are the worst offender. I dislike them a lot. The stick, the hayabusa, is more well liked. I think it's the best stick out there, personally.

The kai has some cool features the TE2 doesn't, but most notably it has the touch pad. The TE2 does not. At 150, I think it's great first stick. Easier to find as well. The TE2 is often sold out.

There are always going to be different sticks, but the only thing that really changes is firm factor. If you like the way either of them looks, then go ahead.

I have two TE2s, but I like the kai.

TE2 is bigger, comes stick with sanwa parts, which are generally considered the best. It's easy to mod, opens up for storage of cords.

Hrap kai comes with hori parts, which have mixed reviews. The buttons, called kuros, are the worst offender. I dislike them a lot. The stick, the hayabusa, is more well liked. I think it's the best stick out there, personally.

The kai has some cool features the TE2 doesn't, but most notably it has the touch pad. The TE2 does not. At 150, I think it's great first stick. Easier to find as well. The TE2 is often sold out.

There are always going to be different sticks, but the only thing that really changes is firm factor. If you like the way either of them looks, then go ahead.

I have two TE2s, but I like the kai.
Thanks!

Might just keep on eye out for a TE2 since I'm not going to want to mess around with replacing parts.

vg260

Will Eightarc sticks work? IIRC they said ps3 sticks would work for MKX and it didnt for me :(

EDIT: Oh yea I have the dual mod stick if that makes a difference

FWIW, I checked in MKX w/ the Eightarc Fusion and the stick selection switch on PS3/PC. It was recognized as an "HJC QanBa Joystick Plus" and worked fine.

Agent X

Everyone, buy Skullgirls on PS4 to show your support for Lab Zero. And buy this port of USF4 to show Capcom that we appreciate them listening to our feedback on arcade stick compatibility.

I'm going to buy both games...and I don't even own an arcade-style stick! This would certainly encourage me to consider getting one in the future.

Coda

I really need to get some kind of mat, anti slip thing for the bottom of my TE. It's one of the first ones (the Femme Fatale TE) so it doesn't have anything like that but when I had a Fighting Edge I appreciated how it didn't move at all on my lap.

jacobeid

Banned
Everyone, buy Skullgirls on PS4 to show your support for Lab Zero. And buy this port of USF4 to show Capcom that we appreciate them listening to our feedback on arcade stick compatibility.

I bought Skullgirls on PS3/360/PC and I'll do it a fourth time for PS4.

Neoxon

I spoke to someone who got a promo copy of USF4, the driver works like it does on MKX to where you need a DualShock 4 connected for each arcade stick you want to use.

Neoxon

Does this mean I can use my DS3 to play Ultra?
Sadly no, the PS4 specifically blocks out any DS3 signals.

『Inaba Resident』;164894100 said:
What stick did they use? Asking because my Qanba q4 had input lag when i used it on MKX
He used the Limited Edition Tekken Hybrid MadCatz TE stick (the black one with Namco written on the side).

HardRojo

I spoke to someone who got a promo copy of USF4, the driver works like it does on MKX to where you need a DualShock 4 connected for each arcade stick you want to use.
Well that's a shame but I guess it's better than nothing. Why couldn't they add a better implementation of it?

myco666

Great news! Definitely will buy this now. Thanks LabZero and who ever was responsible for getting this feature for USFIV.

vg260

Well that's a shame but I guess it's better than nothing. Why couldn't they add a better implementation of it?

I haven't tried it, but with a DS4 active and the stick tied to the same profile, could you use the DS4's headset port for chat/audio while using the stick?

pizzacat

Banned
And for the fact that it's the best tag team fighter in like a decade

Ravidrath

Hmm, damn.

We thought they might be going this way and tried to see if we could get it to be more like ours, but it was probably already in final test at that point.

Renekton

And also buy Uncharted 4 to thank ND for helping with the drivers.

Vitacat

This is great news.

I have an arcade panel running on a pair of PS360+ boards. Will it work on PS4 games with the Lab Zero driver?

Ravidrath

This is great news.

I have an arcade panel running on a pair of PS360+ boards. Will it work on PS4 games with the Lab Zero driver?

Yeah, but you'll need to update to the latest firmware.

We worked with Akishop to get that out leading up to this announcement.

TacosNSalsa

I haven't tried it, but with a DS4 active and the stick tied to the same profile, could you use the DS4's headset port for chat/audio while using the stick?
Would also like to know this. Brings back nightmares of me having to switch between my stick and controller on the 360 becaue my stick didn't have a port...

vg260

Someone posted some footage on YouTube and it seems on the character select screen the touchpad functions as the quick button config option. I wonder if there's going to be a work around on controllers without a touchpad. (stupid share button)

Top Bottom