• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You will be able to use PS3 sticks on PS4 for Ultra Street Fighter 4

ChouGoku

Well, shit this is concerning to me. As far as I know, Eightarcs are essentially the same as Qanba sticks, so why would those work but not the Eightarc?

I'm going to be super bummed if that's the case, though fortunately I still have a MadCatz TE that should be fine.

Sorry I forgot to mention I have the dual mod stick if that makes a difference

vg260

Well, shit this is concerning to me. As far as I know, Eightarcs are essentially the same as Qanba sticks, so why would those work but not the Eightarc?

I'm going to be super bummed if that's the case, though fortunately I still have a MadCatz TE that should be fine.

I think any stick that identifies as a dualshock3 will not work. I dunno if they do.

Ravidrath

Sorry I forgot to mention I have the dual mod stick if that makes a difference

Does it have a way to force PC mode? Like holding a button when you plug it in?

If it's not working, my guess is that it does something like the PS360+ did where it first looks like a DS3 and then turns to PC if it doesn't get a ping back. But PS4 shuts down the port as soon as it sees anything DS3-like.

ChouGoku

Does it have a way to force PC mode? Like holding a button when you plug it in?

If it's not working, my guess is that it does something like the PS360+ did where it first looks like a DS3 and then turns to PC if it doesn't get a ping back. But PS4 shuts down the port as soon as it sees anything DS3-like.

IIRC the pc mode on the dual mod is just the ps3 switch

Owensboro

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Totally buying it now.

Lab Zero, you guys are freaking awesome for making the drivers "free" (license required). I'm so pumped I don't have to buy a new stick!

Ravidrath

Yea no problems. When I plug it in to my ps4 it says that it cant use ps3 controllers or something like that, I gotta check again when I get off work

Sounds like it's doing the old PS360+ thing then - it initially IDs itself as a DS3, but then changes to PC. But the PS4 has already shut it out before it switches.

Cathcart

It's amazing they makes us rejoice at something that should have been a no brainer. Yay!

Yeah, what I don't understand is why this driver wasn't just part of the PS4 OS originally. FFS the PS3 sticks work on PCs, they're just USB sticks. Of course they should work on the PS4. Why is is this even a concern, lol.

We're licensing it free, because it was the best way to encourage adoption.

High five.

Jagernaut

Please continue to get lots of love and gaming out of your Mad Catz PS3 FightSticks <3.

I'm probably one of the few who prefer the size of the Madcatz SE stick over the TE. I have a PS3 Brawl Stick modded with Sanwa buttons and joystick, excellent except for the awful artwork. When I get a PS4 I'll keep using it.

You and me both

EDIT: Finally got through!

"While you were checking out, the operator of this business changed the price or availability of the shipping method you selected. Please check that your shipping method is still available, or select another below and press the null button again to place the changed order."

rocketsoy0.gif

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
"While you were checking out, the operator of this business changed the price or availability of the shipping method you selected. Please check that your shipping method is still available, or select another below and press the null button again to place the changed order."

rocketsoy0.gif

Try again. I got the same message. Its just an error message for an overloaded site.

EDIT: Oh shit just checked it and it is sold out. Holy crap. Mine managed to get through

I'm guessing these drivers don't enable my Xbox 360 te edition fightstick to be compatible with my ps4?

I am in a bind because Evo is coming and I don't have a stick to practice on once ultra releases on ps4

Try again. I got the same message. Its just an error message for an overloaded site.

EDIT: Oh shit just checked it and it is sold out. Holy crap. Mine managed to get through

Haha, I'll wait until the next one. I have a PS3 stick waiting to be used at least.

Neff

Yeah, what I don't understand is why this driver wasn't just part of the PS4 OS originally. FFS the PS3 sticks work on PCs, they're just USB sticks. Of course they should work on the PS4. Why is is this even a concern, lol.

It's for security, to shut out potential USB exploits.

Shadoken

Capcpom isn't doing this port.

Sony handled this port, and they're the ones that licensed it.

So Capcpom hasn't earned a name change yet.

^^ Its still Capcom's game . Its not like Sony bought Street Fighter from them.

Its ultimately Capcoms call what Sony CAN or CANNOT do to the game. But yea looking at how this game was made entirely to just please fans they probably didnt care about lost revenue from sticks.

SFV on the other hand. Now that will be interesting to see whats going to happen.

^^ Its still Capcom's game . Its not like Sony bought Street Fighter from them.

Its ultimately Capcoms call what Sony CAN or CANNOT do to the game. But yea looking at how this game was made entirely to just please fans they probably didnt care about lost revenue from sticks.

SFV on the other hand. Now that will be interesting to see whats going to happen.

This is AWESOME timing. I just bought a bat top and octogonal gate for my PS3 TE stick. Should show up tmrw. How hard are those things to install anyways?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So Lab Zero technically owns the driver but in actuality it's naughty dog's? Seems kinda weird but whatevs.
No, Lab Zero requested for a PS3 Stick Driver then a ND dev coded it.
So it's Lab Zero's driver since they paid for it.

airjoca

Do you guys reckon there will be any kind of restrictions in the online?

I'm in the EU but just realized I've got around 7 dollars on my US account, so I'll probably buy a $20 PSN card...

Ravidrath

So Lab Zero technically owns the driver but in actuality it's naughty dog's? Seems kinda weird but whatevs.

The driver is Lab Zero's.

It was coded for free by a friend at Naughty Dog in his spare time - he just thought it sounded like a fun side project.

Top Bottom