• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

RCpnu9c.png

Well, I guess that's that.

This is why I didn't get my hopes up. Shows rarely return once they've been cast into the pit of cancellation.

There are exceptions of course, but unless Netlfix decide to pick this up...it's dead.

Brickhunt

Not surprised. Honestly, I think it's for the best. The "revived" show would probably suffer a quality decay. It's very unlikely that we could kickstart a new season while retaining the same animation quality of a very expensive show.

That said, I'm happy that, at least in some form, Warner Bros got the message that fans want more. Hopefully, if they do produce a Justice League cartoon to ride the wave of the live-action movie, let's hope they use the YJ universe and season 3 ideas. Honestly, Darkseid fits Justice League better than in Young Justice.

NEO0MJ

That said, I'm happy that, at least in some form, Warner Bros got the message that fans want more. Hopefully, if they do produce a Justice League cartoon to ride the wave of the live-action movie, let's hope they use the YJ universe and season 3 ideas. Honestly, Darkseid fits Justice League better than in Young Justice.

Well, Bruce Timm is coming back for something, though we still don't know what it is.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-animated-series-bruce-timm-steps-down/all/1/

Gartooth

It's been fun guys. :(

Shit, nothing to look forward to either for the time being, have no interest in the new Batman series and Teen Titans Go! is ass. Oh well, guess I can always keep an eye out on the new DC DTV movies.

asfafadasdsfsa

why didn't they get said new company during YJ's run?

Mattel pretty much has an agreement with WB, so another company getting it is a big deal.
Bandai had the original Teen Titans but that was before Mattel had DC on lockdown.

guess CN is pissed with how Mattel ruined YJ and trolled them with Green Lantern TAS.

I thought this was worth posting. Update on some additions to the Young Justice: Legacy video game from the official Facebook.

Hi Young Justice fans - it's time to announce the first set of Young Justice: Legacy downloadable content!

We would like to first thank all of the fans that messaged us, tweeted us, sent us comments from the website, emailed us, and even called us asking for their favorite Young Justice character.

We worked hard to get special approval from WB to put the four missing active team members at the beginning of Young Justice: Invasion into the game - even if they weren't technically around during the period when the game actually takes place.

So when the game launches on September 10th, beyond the 12 playable characters we've already announced, you'll also be able to download individual extra characters or a special combo character pack to play through the game as:
- Bumblebee
- Lagoon Boy
- Wonder Girl
- Blue Beetle

Stay tuned. We've got other DLC packs planned for launch and beyond. So if there are other characters you'd like to play as - feel free to let us know!

https://www.facebook.com/youngjusticelegacy?ref=ts&fref=ts

So, I loved this series so much, that during a conversation with a friend where I suddenly remembered something I blurted out:

"D'oh! Hello Meghan!"

O.O

That was probably the most awkward silence ever.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
It will be missed. At this point I'm hoping Man of Steel gets WB to do a new Justice League show. I'd like a "season 3" YJ comic series too even if it is short, just to finish things off.

Chairhome

Warner told them no because they didn't think they could realistically raise the money needed. They're shelving plans for Green Lantern for now, as its production costs are about double those of YJ, attempting to raise the 10 million needed to save YJ as an "I told you so."

More detail here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiaoHfPVk4A&feature=youtu.be

Just to clarify for anyone not really following the thread or not interested in clicking the video (since i had no idea what this was about until i watched the video):
Show Must Go On is an organization who is interested in saving GLTAS and YJ through crowd funding. They met with Warner who said no because they thought it was not feasible for them to raise enough money ($10mil for YJ, $20mil for GL) for production costs through crowdfunding, but these guys want to try anyways to say "i told you so" to warner and hope that they can get them to change their minds.
Funding drive starts tonight at 10pm EDT.

I don't want to be negative, but this is going to be an uphill battle. Veronica Mars didn't raise this much and they have older fans (with presumably more money) and had been on the air for much longer. I know YJ has a dedicated fanbase, but its going to be a struggle. still, i'm hopeful, i'll try to donate.

I would imagine someone should make a new thread about this.

Chairhome

How can they start it if they don't have permission from WB?

They're raising the money on their own with the intent to fund the show, but i want to see how they protect the donators from getting screwed over (i.e. them running off with the money). Independently raising funds.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm actually surprised GLTAS costs so much. Show looks cheap as hell* while YJ manages to look utterly timeless.

*I've watched season one

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't want to be negative, but this is going to be an uphill battle. Veronica Mars didn't raise this much and they have older fans (with presumably more money) and had been on the air for much longer. I know YJ has a dedicated fanbase, but its going to be a struggle. still, i'm hopeful, i'll try to donate.

I'm with you. Crowdfunding 10 million is ridiculously ambitious. I really don't see how they can do this unless they have some fat donors lined up.

It will be missed. At this point I'm hoping Man of Steel gets WB to do a new Justice League show. I'd like a "season 3" YJ comic series too even if it is short, just to finish things off.
Just please not a Superman only show.
Legion of Super Heroes is still the worst WB animation and that includes Teen Titans Go.

Make it a JLU-style show, set it on Earth-16, and upgrade all of the Team members to full League membership.

Mononofu

Ouch 10 mil is steep. My math sucks beyond measure but if every person that watched the finale donated $5 we could make it?

Penguin

So this.. isn't even to guarantee a return for the show.. but to show Warner we could do it with no real guarantee we'd get a show?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I don't know it was just so boring.
though I never liked DC future stuff besides Batman Beyond so thats probably why.

I don't get how its boring, but your entitled to you opinion on that front. Don't agree with teen titans(original or go) being better though.

jwk94

Whelp, just finished catching up. I expected it to end on a huge cliffhanger, but I'm actually satisfied with what we got. Sure, I'd love another season, but from what I could tell, they tied up almost everything. It would have been nice to get the Darkseid arc though.

About Kid Flash -- is it possible that he was sent into the Speed Force instead of them just killing him?

NEO0MJ

About Kid Flash -- is it possible that he was sent into the Speed Force instead of them just killing him?

I think so. People here had some pretty cool ideas about what could have happened is season 3 based on what the writers told us and what happened this season.

Back at the beginning of season 2, the showrunners made some comments about a 30-40 year time skip for season 3. Its possible that Wally was cosmic treadmill-ed into the future, needing to master the Speed Force to come back. Wally's treatment this season was either an extremely disrespectful build up to death, or a great setup forWally to undergo some major growth.

yjcover22_zpsd198f75d.jpg

In other news, the DVD for the back half of season 2 has been announced for July 16th.

Back at the beginning of season 2, the showrunners made some comments about a 30-40 year time skip for season 3. Its possible that Wally was cosmic treadmill-ed into the future, needing to master the Speed Force to come back. Wally's treatment this season was either an extremely disrespectful build up to death, or a great setup forWally to undergo some major growth.

Yep and I just can't see it being the former tbh.

That's why I will keep saying that "he ain't dead"

vazel

Banned
I knew smgo was going to bungle things. Aiming for an entire season was a big mistake. They should've aimed for a 4-episode OVA or DTV movie.

Top Bottom