• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite Wii U game

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Mario Maker. A game that immediately shows the benefit of dual screen without a convoluted explanation.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Bayonette_1_1920x1080.jpg

TokyoMirageSessionsFE.jpg

Ravelle

Tokyo Mirage Sessions & Monster Hunter 4U.

I want them to port over Mirage Sessions to Switch so bad, it's the perfect game for it. I liked Mirage Sessions more Than PS5, combat was more fun, no dumb deadlines, curfew or cats telling you what to do.

Tropical Freeze for me.

I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy but I found that Donkey Kong Country Returns, while having amazing platforming sections, just felt a little soulless. Tropical Freeze seemed to address this issue ( at least for me ) with it's more varied and colorful levels.

One thing that this game had going for it over Returns was David Wise. The inclusion of Wise raised what was already an amazing game to God tier levels. For me, it showed just how a fantastic soundtrack can take a great game and elevate it even further.

This track ( Seashore War ) is one of my favourite pieces of music from any videogame I have ever played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boqy0Q-4c_M

Special mention goes to Captain Toad. This is a game I also adore.

I've always loved Toad as a character ever since playing Super Mario Bros. 2 as a kid and to see him in his own game was a delight. It has that typical Nintendo gameplay style to it, where the game is easy and short if you just go from point A to B, but once you start trying to get all the gems and getting times under par, the Nintendo challenge really comes into play.

kizmah

For me it's actually Wind Waker HD. I loved the game on Gamecube and this not only fixed some of it's issues and added welcome gamepad functionality but it made an already beautiful game absolutely gorgeous. The only way it could be made better is to make it portable with Switch. I mean, look at it.

6jDiZmH.jpg

This is an incredibly tough call, but it's between The Wonderful 101, Smash 4, and Breath of the Wild. All three of them are strong contenders for my favorite game of all time.

I thought MM was a showcase for the touch screen feature, why dual though?

When Mario Maker inevitably comes to Switch they're going to have to change a lot of elements about it, perhaps only having you create levels while in handheld mode. Because there's always a touch screen in your hands on Wii U creating levels on the gamepad and playing them on the TV is instantaneous.

febLey

By a huge margin Bayonetta 2, then Captain Toad and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Also Wind Waker HD was pretty neat.

I only got a Wii U last month, but so far my favourite game is probably Mario 3D World. I dearly love Wind Waker HD as well, but that feels a bit like cheating.

Thud

Mario Kart 8

Bought the bundle back then, got every penny out of it.

Smash, Mario Maker and Breath of the Wild are also great.

TheOasis

LgMqk4.gif

The Wonderful 101.

Platinum ended up making a game that induced an experience that was far beyond the level of hype, over-the-top, action of all their other games. They have still yet to make another title that reaches the heights that TW101 does in this department.

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Possibly my favorite game of all time.

Exploration, presentation, and game play all were a hit for me.

This, this and this. 300+ hours here. I sold my Wii U last year and I horribly regret it because I need more Xeno X in my life. I'm still not sold on the Switch, but if a Xeno X port is announced, I'll buy the damn thing immediately.

Zalman

Xenoblade Chronicles X. I never had such a good time in an open world game (until Zelda came out).

Pikmin 3 as well. Deserved to sell way more than it did. The GamePad works super well with it too.

Wiped89

It has to be Mario Kart 8. I played 150 hours of it on Wii U.

Out of games not ported, I did enjoy Mario Maker, although I didn't play nearly enough (about 20 hours).

In fact I played few games on the console for over 30 hours. 3D world I put 35 into and NSMBU got 32.

Nothing else hit 20+. Adding up my time logs on the system makes about 380 hours since 2013 launch day. Kinda sad, but I never truly loved the console.

Ultimadrago

What is this "WiiU"? I vaguely recall a Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze machine a while back. I had a great time with that game!

ajim

Sonic and Sega all stars racing transformed
pikmin 3
Twilight princess
Mario 3d world

I really didn't get to play too much else because my wii u pad died and I didn't know how to fix it :(

cereal_killerxx

3D World for sure. I had a blast beating the main game with 3 other players and then going back single player to get almost everything else.

adroit

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X
2. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
3. Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
4. Splatoon

elhav

Super Mario 3d World was the game I enjoyed the most, but it kinda won by default, Since it's one of the only good 3d platformers that came out last gen(I fucking love 3d platformers).

Though I will say I don't think it's nearly as good as the Galaxy games or even Sunshine. Still haven't properly played Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, or DK Tropical Freeze, so my opinion is invalidated.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

It's the best 2D platformer to date and from a design standpoint the best game of this generation. Sadly not many people are aware of these facts.

JarlRaven

I will never forget the frantic 4 player "co-op" playthrough of Super Mario 3D World with friends. Just the definition of fun.

Top Bottom