• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your least favorite 95+ Metacritic game from the 7th generation?

Veitsev

I still can't believe a platformer with platforming as shoddy as LBP scored that high. Makes me think the press just really really bought into all the hype Sony was selling. You compare that to games like Super Meat Boy, the Mario games, DKC, Rayman, etc. I just don't get it.

Bioshock's gameplay is super boring and unsatisfying. One of these game this gen that got by on presentation and story. If you buy into it you'll have a great time. I couldn't.

Twilight Princess had good mechanics but it was more of the same.

Arkham City just never clicked with me. The open world setting set the direction of this game on a path I just didn't enjoy. The continued sexing up of Harley Quinn's appearance annoyed the hell out me (big fan of B:TAS).

I've played 2 of the games in the OP. Uncharted 2 was ridiculously awesome, Mass Effect 2 was also awesome. I don't want to say which one I liked better, because Uncharted 2 was a more recent experience for me (last summer), and the Mass Effect trilogy has been severely diminished by the horrible, horrible Mass Effect 3.

My least favorite would be one of the other games I haven't played, although I will eventually buy The Last of Us, but I'm in no particular hurry.

Ultimadrago

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is 95+?

Jesus Christ of Nazareth, hear my cry.

I thought I would have some trouble choosing, but that must be my choice. The dull, sluggish version of Ocarina of Time. I can't believe I was excited for that game at a time after yawning through the title's watered down wolf transformation (that's as fun to play as hitting your head on a wall) and non-existent build up to the game's disappointing climax.

It has a couple of decent dungeons and Midna is, for the most part, a fun companion. Regardless, it's my least favorite 3d console Zelda (with Skyward Sword) by far.

thefro

Probably GTA IV.

I haven't played LBP or Skyrim. I thought LBP 2 was incredibly overrated but I like platformers so it was still somewhat fun to play.

Games I haven't played:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Portal 2
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Uncharted 2
The Orange Box

Batman: Arkham City - Pretty fun Batman game, I liked it more then Arkham Asylum. Mostly because of all the new gadgets
Bioshock - Nice shooter with a very interesting story. Rapture was a great place to explore
Grand Theft Auto 5 - My favorite GTA. Didn't like Trevor though.
The Last of Us - Nice story, and was very intense with the clicker parts
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Nice Zelda game, but isn't my favorite 3D Zelda game
LittleBigPlanet - I like playing with the create a level mode. Didn't like playing the actual game because of the terrible jumping
Mass Effect 2 - I'm currently playing this, and I'm already enjoying it more then ME3
Red Dead Redemption - Nice open world game, and i liked the story. They really pulled off the western vide of the game.
Skyrim - Put lots of hours in the game just exploring. Haven't beaten it yet. Got it on PC last year, and have been modding it like crazy which adds more to the fun
Super Mario Galaxy - My 2nd favorite Mario game, right behind Sunshine. I really liked using Fllod in Sunshine

I played the other 11. My least favorite out of the 11 that I've played, is probably Bioshock. That's not saying it's a bad game, I actually liked it. I just didn't ike it more then the other 10. My favorite on the list, is Super Mario Galaxy. I had so much fun with that game, I beat it twice and collected everything both times. I really should replay it again sometime, or at least play Super Mario Galaxy 2 at some point.

Nori Chan

Batman: Arkham City
Bioshock
Grand Theft Auto 4
Grand Theft Auto 5
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mass Effect 2
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
Super Mario Galaxy
Ou or the ones I played it has to be Skyrim. So boring for me and probably one of the worst games I have ever tried to play

Riposte

I could take issue with most of those games (made more confusing by the fact The Orange Box isn't a game), but Little Big Planet makes this thread a little too easy to answer. Out of this list which might as well be randomly selected, it is by far the least interesting and has little merit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can enjoy all those games except for Mass Effect 2. So, that one. I kinda hate the whole series though.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Batman: Arkham City
Bioshock
Grand Theft Auto 4
Grand Theft Auto 5
The Last of Us
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
LittleBigPlanet
Mass Effect 2
The Orange Box
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Uncharted 2
The only games out of this list that I have played are the two GTAs and LBP. My vote is for the latter. In general, platformers do nothing for me and a platformer with shit control is intolerable. All that charm and creativity squandered.

I've felt no desire to play the other twelve games.

tokkun

Mario Galaxy

There are a few moments of brilliance, but overall the game's difficulty level was just dumbed down too far.

Fezan

Looks like i am sole person on earth who enjoyed gta 4 a lot. It was the first gta i finished and enjoyed it a lot

Vitor711

Twilight Princess and Skyrim. Easy.

Maybe GTAIV and LBP also but I enjoyed aspects of those games enough to forgive their issues. Less so with the above.

Ninjimbo

Little Big Planet for me. I really tried to like it, but the jumping controls were too lose and floaty and the game was devoid of a real identity. Too much focus on mediocre community driven content.

Vidpixel

I would honestly have to say LittleBigPlanet for me. I can certainly respect Media Molecule for the fantastic level editor they designed and the quirky sensibilities of the universe they created, but the core gameplay was simply not fun for me and grew stale relatively quickly. The floaty and rather imprecise controls just never gelled well with me.

Out of the ones I've played, I'd have to say The Last of Us. Just wasn't my type of game, and I was quite burnt out from undead shooters when I picked it up. It's by no means a bad game, and I'll probably give it another try sometime in the future.

Roto13

LittleBigPlanet is a platformer with bad physics, making it a bad game.

I liked/loved the rest of the games on that list that I've played, which is most of them.

LTWood12

Arkham City. Don't think it's as good as the original.

LittleBigPlanet. I get that it's really cool with the creation tools, but that doesn't make up for the worst platforming physics I've ever seen.

I've played Bioshock, Twilight Princess, Portal 2, and Galaxy 1 & 2.

In order from most to least favorite:
1. Galaxy 2
2. Galaxy
3. Portal 2
4. Twilight Princess
5. Bioshock

rjinaz

Out of that entire list, Skyrim by a country mile

And I modded that shit out and played it for hundreds of hours but once you're 'in' so to speak and you know the game mechanics and loot like the back of your hand, holy shit it becomes so apparent just how vapid and terrible the underlying mechanics usually are in open world Beth games

How the FUCK does Skyrim merit being one of the highest rated games of all time sheesh

Second would probably be LBP, I've never really gotten into it all that much and I couldn't stand the platforming.

And the third, GTA IV, for reasons already stated

I respect your opinion, but I'll just never understand how somebody can play a game for hundreds of hours and ultimately determine it's not a good game.

Anyway, I haven't played even half of the games on the list but I didn't think Twilight Princess was anything special personally.

I only played through three of those begging to end. I don't even know how I consider myself a gamer anymore. Morrowind is single player game ever and I've yet to touch Skyrim.

The Orange Box
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption

Eusis

Looks like i am sole person on earth who enjoyed gta 4 a lot. It was the first gta i finished and enjoyed it a lot
God damn we're in a list about games that got 95+ on Metacritic, if you're the only person on Earth who enjoyed it then what the fuck is that game even doing in this thread? I guess you could be highly cynical of the press but I'm not THAT pessimistic, and at any rate I had enough fun that I'd put at least a few games under it from that list.

And when I think about it LBP just made this absurdly easy to me. Granted I'd probably have picked Uncharted 2 if that weren't there and I already went into why (though I forgot about bullet sponge enemies... the series was awful with those), but I feel like I can better appreciate Uncharted 2 for what it tried to do even if it's not what I want out of games, while LBP really feels like a platformer that would've been completely mediocre had it not been for MP and content creation possibilities. Charming, but vapid.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Guess I'm the only person who liked GTA4. I wouldn't want to play it again (so fucking long), but I loved it at the time. Maybe it's because I'm a new yorker and their version of NY was really well realized.

Having played every game, from my personal perspective, Arkham City. It was just the least groundbreaking. The "improvements" over Arkham Asylum didn't make the game better imo.

Top Bottom