• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Community Thread | "Do you know the name Adol Christin?"

Tizoc

Almost done with Hugo. Just need to beat the boss in the mirror area then off to Dalles/Dulles.
I'd say my major gripe with the game is that revisiting the same areas as a nother character...doesn't the feel the same as the first time you explored it :p
...but holy shit, Pictimos was a pain when I fought him as Hugo, went and got like 3 levels and he went down like wet paper wtf...

ArjanN

Almost done with Hugo. Just need to beat the boss in the mirror area then off to Dalles/Dulles.
I'd say my major gripe with the game is that revisiting the same areas as a nother character...doesn't the feel the same as the first time you explored it :p
...but holy shit, Pictimos was a pain when I fought him as Hugo, went and got like 3 levels and he went down like wet paper wtf...

3 levels is a massive difference in Ys.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So this just hit me: These Falcom games released/releasing this year
Gurumin
Xanadu Next
Ys 6
TiTS 2

Did I miss something? I know Tom has mentioned they want to work on that, but I don't even recall it being teased or anything for an actual release yet.

Did I miss something? I know Tom has mentioned they want to work on that, but I don't even recall it being teased or anything for an actual release yet.

It's because of a domain, but aside of that it hasn't been teased IIRC.

It makes sense that we're getting it as the list of games available from Falcom gets smaller, but I wonder if we're getting it this year.

Tizoc

It's because of a domain, but aside of that it hasn't been teased IIRC.

It makes sense that we're getting it as the list of games available from Falcom gets smaller, but I wonder if we're getting it this year.

I NEED IT THIS YEAR.
LET IT BECOME THE YEAR OF FALCOM/XSEED.

ALL I KNOW OF XANADU IS THAT IT IS A FACLOM GAME AND THEREFORE IT IS GOOD, AND THOSE THAT PLAYED IT HAVE SAID IT IS INDEED GOOD.
I NEEDS IT!

I NEED IT THIS YEAR.
LET IT BECOME THE YEAR OF FALCOM/XSEED.

ALL I KNOW OF XANADU IS THAT IT IS A FACLOM GAME AND THEREFORE IT IS GOOD, AND THOSE THAT PLAYED IT HAVE SAID IT IS INDEED GOOD.
I NEEDS IT!
They've registered sen no kiseki (Trails of cold steel) too. I'm looking forward to that much more.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They are honestly probably hardest with Yunica. Guess it will depend on the player though.

I think basically everyone finds Hugo to be the easiest though.

Tizoc

Well I made it to the fire tier as Toal before I left for work, gonna try and finish that entire area tomorrow after a little grinding to take out the Construct.

Absol

Yeah pretty much. In my experience it all depended on the match ups. Had a bit of a hard time with that one sand flower boss with Yunica since I couldn't seem to dps the small flowers fast enough. But he was so easy with Hugo. But in general I found Toal to be the easiest out of the three. Dude is just OP as fuck.

Still fuck Hugo. Near the end I just ended up making one button into a turbo button.

Thud

After some practice toal is probably the best to play. I started with Yunica on Easy, then Hugo on Normal and finished it with Toal on Hard.

It's also the first Ys game I finished on Hard mode. Even on NG+ Oath in Felghana's final boss proved to be a major dick on Hard. I'm definitely not suited for Nightmare runs, but I'll like to pull it off sometime in the future.

Tizoc

Yeah pretty much. In my experience it all depended on the match ups. Had a bit of a hard time with that one sand flower boss with Yunica since I couldn't seem to dps the small flowers fast enough. But he was so easy with Hugo. But in general I found Toal to be the easiest out of the three. Dude is just OP as fuck.

Still fuck Hugo. Near the end I just ended up making one button into a turbo button.

With Yunica I just hammer slammed the flowers :p If anything the jumping can be iffy to reach its weakspot.

I just used Yunica's fire magic to attack the flowers in that fight.. I think she has a way easier time against Khonsclard than Toal.

Yeah, Yunica has it easiest with Khonsclard. Toal's isn't difficult too, but in the beginning you usually won't be able to take advantage of inferno's range, until they start forming groups.

Toal has the hardest time with the sand flower boss because he has no reliable way to hit them all the way yunica can with her fire magic and hugo can with his regular shots. It was the only fight while playing with Toal where I got stuck for a bit.

Tizoc

Toal has the hardest time with the sand flower boss because he has no reliable way to hit them all the way yunica can with her fire magic and hugo can with his regular shots. It was the only fight while playing with Toal where I got stuck for a bit.

Hugo had his thunder bombs, you can place 2 bombs at a time.

Hugo had his thunder bombs, you can place 2 bombs at a time.

Yeah the bombs work too, but the fight was still fairly easy with Hugo even if just blasting like crazy.

With Toal you just use the thunder claw

Yeah but that only can hit one side at a time which is the problem. Unlike Yunica and Hugo who can easily hit all 6 at the same time Toal can't which puts him at a disadvantage for that fight.

How does Ys VI compare against Origin and Oath in Felghana quality wise?

Pretty well, though it was the first of the three to get released. This was Falcom's first try at the style used in Ys OiF and Origin, so it isn't as refined. It's still a great game though, and the story more or less is the springboard for the meta plot for the series. For me it's OiF>Origin>Ys VI, but I love em all.

jdkluv

It has Ernst.

FTFY.

Memories from the Ancient Land of Ys forums...

HJ said:
I'm taking over this topic. To celebrate, let me tell you about Ernst.

q6lJQmM.png

Yes, Ernst. The egotistical, manipulative general of Romn who also happens to be the coolest person ever to have graced the Ys fandom. Why? I'll tell you why. He has style, he has flair and he has long black hair. I love Ernst. He is amazing. His clothes are slick, his voice is handsome and his skin is smooth. Simply put, he’s flawless, and he leaves all the women bra-less. It might seem like Adol gets the ladies, but Ernst is playing him, 'cause they actually all have herpes.

For a long time Ernst had no superhuman powers, but because he was tactically unmatched, any obstacles were still effortlessly dispatched. Furthermore, his swordsmanship was and is peerless, and any who lived long enough to face him soon forgot what it means to be fearless. But although Ernst was already the greatest human, he was still bound for greater things. Because he is amazing. Did you know Ernst has three magical pixie servants? They asked him if he wanted to borrow their pixie dust in order to fly, but he simply laughed as he grew his own wings and took to the sky. With the power of Almarion, Ernst, in addition to getting wings, was promptly crowned the king of kings. And he still is the king of kings to this very day. Some weird people wrote a story about some red-haired knave beating him, but Ernst promptly smote them for spreading foul lies. No, really. It's not that Ernst lost and I'm bitter, if you don't believe me just ask Falcom on Twitter.

That's all for now. I might add more as it comes. I just felt the need to enlighten my friends here about how amazing Ernst is. To the poor, misguided naysayers (if there are any) who still refuse to accept the Ernst-ism, I have only one reply: your jealousy is suitable, it only proves his magnificence is irrefutable.

Fin~

https://youtu.be/qnX-bjA_KE0

I still had a copy of that Ernst pic deep in my HDD, lol.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
4 days to finish my Toal replay on Origin before jumping into this.

Tizoc

Sorry for the double post but how many Roda Trees were there when Ys ascended? In Ys 1 we only got to see 1 Roda Tree, but in Origin there appears to be 2.

Tizoc

EDIT: Ooooh i only ever saw the one at the south, I never ventured anywhere past the mine =X
Huh? Unless I'm confusing something, there are two Roda Trees in Ys 1.

I only remember one, which is the one I got the Silver Sword from, where was the other tree? Was it in Zepik village?

Top Bottom