• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Origin (PC/Steam) |OT|

You can't see me right now but I'm currently lighting a bonfire in my apartment in anticipation.

Ok, maybe I'm not. But it's the thought that counts.

Aeana

can I buy the game now on my laptop and play it latter when I get home?
You can't buy it now since it isn't up on the store yet, but you can buy it via the website whenever you want [as soon as it goes up] and download it later, yes.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd probably be more hyped if I hadn't played it yet. But it will be nice to have on my Steam account rather than having to run the Groupon version through applocale, and it will be nice for friends to be able to pick it up (they'll probably all wait for sales though).

30 minutes to go! I'm so excited, that I made some iPhone wallpapers from the ones on the official website.

CrYnn.jpg

AcJKD.jpg

FobIr.jpg

yb9rS.jpg

Eusis

Why is it late? :(
I'm guessing for the big splash page about Max Payne 3! Especially given that's also still in the pre-load stage (why the fuck did it start pre-loading an hour ago? Idiots must've forgotten T3 speed isn't the standard.)

EDIT: Wait, that game will unlock in 11 hours? What in the hell?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm guessing for the big splash page about Max Payne 3! Especially given that's also still in the pre-load stage (why the fuck did it start pre-loading an hour ago? Idiots must've forgotten T3 speed isn't the standard.)

EDIT: Wait, that game will unlock in 11 hours? What in the hell?

What will?

Allz I know is that Max Payne is a damn chickenhead.

Yeah, it's only the first continuity-wise. Order of release-wise it's the second most recent non-port Falcom Ys title.

Ah, ok. Like I said I kept thinking chronicles for some reason so I was confused with the updated art in the OP. Not sure why I thought that was being released instead.

Danny Dudekisser

How long does a playthrough with one character take, approximately? Might just plow through this sonbitch in one sitting tonight. Provided enough alcohol, of course.

Koroviev

Added to my wishlist. I've promised myself that I won't buy this until I've finished Oath. I can do this! (._.)

Aeana

How long does a playthrough with one character take, approximately? Might just plow through this sonbitch in one sitting tonight. Provided enough alcohol, of course.

I just looked at my saves, and my time is usually about 4-5 hours per play, so um... add a couple of hours to that if you've never played it before. Maybe something closer to 10.

MechaX

Hm... I want to pick this up now, but I am only an hour or two away from finishing Oath. Time to do that first.

Also, is it 5-6 hours total (which is about where I'll end up when Oath is said and done) or is it 5-6 hours per character?

Aeana

Hm... I want to pick this up now, but I am only an hour or two away from finishing Oath. Time to do that first.

Also, is it 5-6 hours total (which is about where I'll end up when Oath is said and done) or is it 5-6 hours per character?

Per character.

Danny Dudekisser

I just looked at my saves, and my time is usually about 4-5 hours per play, so um... add a couple of hours to that if you've never played it before. Maybe something closer to 10.

K. I have a bottle of red wine to finish, so that shall be my companion for this endeavor.

I'd stream the game, but uh... that stuff always makes the game run shitty...

Top Bottom