• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Wiseblade

^ gotcha
I think I saw at least 3 tins around town. Which one is best?

it depends a little on what you'rte planning on building, but you can't really go wrong with anything.The safest choice is probably the Leviathan Dragon tin from last year, since most decks will be able to make some use of Pot of Duality. The Heroic Champion Excalibur and Evolzar Dolkka Tins are worth a look too, since they have Wind-Up Zenmaines, which is pretty much an Extra deck staple at this point. The Galaxy Eyes and Illumiknight tins have Solemn Warning which is also a staple trap card.

So basically, you can't really go wrong buying tins.

I-hate-u

What do you guys think will be included in the 2012 wave 2 tins? They reprinted Tour Guide, Dolkka, Laggia and Zenmaines. I am feeling one of Maxx C or Rescue Rabbit or even Photon Strike Bouncer

thetechkid

I hope its Photon Strike Bouncer, because I already got a Maxx C and don't need a rabbit. Maybe Escuridao if they don't do another GX themed pack.

Those moments when youve been trolled by Card Maker Images... (not me but a friend called just now about a Divine Beast Synchro Monster he found online) lol

kFF1u.jpg

OTKs all day.

Wiseblade

Burn decks are back?

Not really. Mystical Space Typhoon Being unlimited, Heavy Storm legal @ 1 and a general creep or destruction effects into the game mean that Burn doesn't really have a leg to stand on unless it's killing you very early on or doing Reckless Greed/Accumulated Fortune/Hope for Escape Shenanigans. It's other alternate win conditions like Exodia and Final countdown decks that make waves these days.

Kokonoe

Banned
I figured, that's actually what killed off Gravekeepers. I purchased a few Yu-Gi-Oh! DVDs, so I'll be revisiting the first (second) series in the next few days.

Acrylic7

So are these battle Packs any good? the ones that have 5 cards per pack?

and also, which packs are best Boosters Packs to get at the moment. I like Boosters, I have a great history with them :)

So are these battle Packs any good? the ones that have 5 cards per pack?

and also, which packs are best Boosters Packs to get at the moment. I like Boosters, I have a great history with them :)
Yes they're good! I got plenty of old school cards like, Torrential Tribute, Harpies Feather Duster, Ring of Destruction, Jinzo, Solemn Judgement, Breaker. Got new cards: Dark Bribe, Gagaga Magician. Planning to invest more into them.

Acrylic7

Yes they're good! I got plenty of old school cards like, Torrential Tribute, Harpies Feather Duster, Ring of Destruction, Jinzo, Solemn Judgement, Breaker. Got new cards: Dark Bribe, Gagaga Magician. Planning to invest more into them.

Aren't some of those cards banned or maybe limited from tournaments? I remember having to remove my Feather Duster.
I don't want packs that are full of good cards I cant use.

Aren't some of those cards banned or maybe limited from tournaments? I remember having to remove my Feather Duster.
I don't want packs that are full of good cards I cant use.
Harpies and Ring are banned. But those are all the real good ones I got out of 14 total packs. Let me find a link to a full unboxing of Battle Packs.
He Pulls Good Cards In This Box
Battle Packs work for just about any deck (almost) and has a good mix of Old and New Variety of Cards.

bigkrev

Speaking of Battle pack, how does it play in a sealed deck format? I haven't played YGO in a long time, but seeing that there is a set designed for limited play perks my interest, and I know my LCS has monthly tournaments with it.

Acrylic7

Harpies and Ring are banned. But those are all the real good ones I got out of 14 total packs. Let me find a link to a full unboxing of Battle Packs.
He Pulls Good Cards In This Box
Battle Packs work for just about any deck (almost) and has a good mix of Old and New Variety of Cards.

I saw that, Its nice to get all of those cards but it kinda feels like cheating/ or taking the easy way out.

I think I will stick with regular boosters. Those duals packs can make anyone get good cards right off the bat. There is nothing wrong with it, its just that I don't feel comfortable going in that direction.

Wichu

So, anyone else here been playing YGO PRO? It's an open-source dueling program, that unlike pretty much every other fanmade card game program I've seen, has a fully functional rules engine. It plays much like the DS games, but is up-to-date on cards. Blows Dueling Network out of the water.
There have been a couple of minor bugs (e.g. activation condition on some obscure Spell Card not working properly), but it's incredible how well it works.

Anyway, my friend built an incredibly annoying Madolche deck on it. Madolche Chateau + Madolche Ticket give incredible card advantage, and Queen Madolche Tiaramisu is a general beast of a finisher.

I finally built a deck that can go toe to toe with it and usually come out on top. As an added bonus, it's based around my favourite card ever.
DARK MAGICIAN BITCHES

So, anyone else here been playing YGO PRO? It's an open-source dueling program, that unlike pretty much every other fanmade card game program I've seen, has a fully functional rules engine. It plays much like the DS games, but is up-to-date on cards. Blows Dueling Network out of the water.
There have been a couple of minor bugs (e.g. activation condition on some obscure Spell Card not working properly), but it's incredible how well it works.

Anyway, my friend built an incredibly annoying Madolche deck on it. Madolche Chateau + Madolche Ticket give incredible card advantage, and Queen Madolche Tiaramisu is a general beast of a finisher.

I finally built a deck that can go toe to toe with it and usually come out on top. As an added bonus, it's based around my favourite card ever.
DARK MAGICIAN BITCHES

I'm using YGOPro and still have not make my deck. Deciding between Gagaga, Gaga Spellbook, or Abyss Warrior deck lol

I-hate-u

And all this time I was thinking Dueling Network was the evolution of KVCDS. The interface is pretty much the same in the deck construction area.

One thing though, why does Konami not sue?

And all this time I was thinking Dueling Network was the evolution of KVCDS. The interface is pretty much the same in the deck construction area.

They're not charging people for money to use it, nor are they making a profit from it. People are free to donate it though.

They're not charging people for money to use it, nor are they making a profit from it. People are free to donate it though.

I would think it would be a major competitor to Yugioh Online

LOL

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I remember taking home YGO Online when it came out, so excited to play it. The installation took forever and the actual game was pretty lame. :/ I heard they upgraded it with sprites later on or something? That was the game I was looking forward to playing.

Kiryu

I got Slifer The Sky Dragon in my hand but unfortunately I didn't get two copies of them like last time I got for Shock Master.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yu-Gi-Oh! Online I tried last year, and it was absolutely terrible. It had a nifty character creation with graphics in the same exact style of Tag Force, however the entire thing was bad.

1. It was using a 2-3 year old ban list.
2. You start out with the most horrible deck I've ever seen, like you were starting out with a deck from the original Blue-Eyes White Dragon boosters.
3. You'll be spending tons of actual money just doing basic things.
4. Dueling wasn't as good as the handhelds.

It's been dead for a while, which is why I hope one day they make a World Championship or Tag Force style game for PC.

I-hate-u

Seal of Orichalcos rumored effects:

The Seal of Orichalcos
Feild Spell
All monsters you control gain 500 ATK. <-- Confirmed
Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects.
While you control 2 or more face-up attack position monsters, your opponent cannot target your monster(s) with the lowest ATK for an attack.
When this card is destroyed: destroy all Special Summoned monsters you control.
You cannot Special Summon monsters from your extra deck.
You can only activate &#8220;The Seal of Orichalcos&#8221; once per duel.

Wiseblade

The Seal of Orichalcos
Feild Spell
While you control 2 or more face-up attack position monsters, your opponent cannot target your monster(s) with the lowest ATK for an attack.
You can only activate “The Seal of Orichalcos” once per duel.

Interesting...

Orichalcos seems perfect for Malefic decks, and little else. That whole only being usable once per duel thing is going to be really painful, considering the increasing number of decks using field spells of their own. That thing gets overwritten by a Spellbook Tower/Madolche Chateau/Necrovalley/Gates of Dark World and it's pretty much all over. Although I'm sure Malefic players will also run 1/2 copies of Geartown right alongside it. That destruction effect is brutal too. The card does have some potential in a stun deck; 2400 ATK Thunde King Rai-oh/Doomcalibur Knight/Neos Alius sounds horrifying.

The Seal of Orichalcos
Feild Spell
You can only activate “The Seal of Orichalcos” once per duel.
DEFINITELY getting this for my Malefic Skill Drain Deck!! This most likely will be limited 1 in the next ban list, imo.

Wiseblade

Thinking about it, Ori-Chaos stun could become a really powerful deck type. as long as they have the means to prevent other field Spells from being played (either by using Field barrier or cards like Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell) then it'd really ewasy to lock down the opponent. There's not much that can get past 2400 TKRO/Doomcaliber Knight, 2800 Shaos Sorc and 3500 BLS.

I-hate-u

Decks around Malefic stardust will probably be the best for the seal. He will protect the already resistant seal and his ATK will be 3000 to boot.

Wiseblade

Decks around Malefic stardust will probably be the best for the seal. He will protect the already resistant seal and his ATK will be 3000 to boot.

I don't know. Orichalcos doesn't really need the extra protection and Malefics aren't really going to get that much mileage out of the ATK boost, except for Stardust. jumping from 4000 to 4500 doesn't really make that much of a difference. What Seal really needs is protection from the opponent playing another field spell over it, which it can't protect itself against.

SSJ-Luffy

Neo Member
I think Field Barrier can do the job protecting Orichalcos or you just play lot of MSTs, Dust Tornado ect. And anyone thought about Tiras or Ultimate Axon Kicker with Orichalcos?
Well, time for me looking over DN now...

Almost made a fish deck with abyss warrior, Atlantans and random fish cards. Then realized Hammer Shark and Shark Sticker wouldn't fit. Trying not to add mermails, since most mermail decks are the same lol

bigkrev

Well, broke down and decided to buy 10 Battle packs to at least try a practice sealed deck. Ended up getting a Tour Guide and a Skill Drain, so money well spent, I guess

I have to say, the rarity distribution seems pretty messed up. I got 2 Jinzos, 2 Number 39 Utopias, and 2 Gem-Knight Pearls in the 10 packs I opened....

I-hate-u

Malefic Truth Dragon, Rescue Rabbit and Number 16: Shock Master are confirmed for the new tins. Rescue Rabbit will be in both tins, Malefic Truth will be in the Sun Dragon tin and Number 16 will be in the Ninja Tin.

2 Unique Super Rares for each tin are yet to be confirmed but HELLZ YEAH for Rabbit!!! Cmon Maxx C!!

bigkrev

Alright, i'm going to give this a go, but I have no idea where to start. Can someone post a decklist or something with a brief explanation thats good for a beginner (I'm a hardcore MTG player, so i understand the basic philosophy of card games). Maybe with a ~200 dollar budget

Malefic Truth Dragon, Rescue Rabbit and Number 16: Shock Master are confirmed for the new tins. Rescue Rabbit will be in both tins, Malefic Truth will be in the Sun Dragon tin and Number 16 will be in the Ninja Tin.

2 Unique Super Rares for each tin are yet to be confirmed but HELLZ YEAH for Rabbit!!! Cmon Maxx C!!

Everyone's going to play Rabbit this format now :|

thetechkid

Alright, i'm going to give this a go, but I have no idea where to start. Can someone post a decklist or something with a brief explanation thats good for a beginner (I'm a hardcore MTG player, so i understand the basic philosophy of card games). Maybe with a ~200 dollar budget

Going the cheap route you could build a deck from getting three structure decks and get the majority of the cards that way. You could try Six Samurais or Dark World, I'm not sure how viable Dragons are now that REDMD is limited so someone else would have to help me out there.

When Solem became widely available I said it and I'll say it again, the easier and cheaper cards are to get the better(UNLESS IS LIGHTSWORN).

Wiseblade

If you're looking to build on the cheap, your best bet is to pick up one of the more recent structure decks in triplicate and then spend the rest picking up staples. You best bets would be either Lost Sanctuary, Gates of the Underworld or Samurai Warlords. The agent deck would probably be the cheapest of the three to make, since the Extra Deck is largely made up of staples and the tech cards like the E-tele engine aren't too expensive (although that might have changed with a Psychic deck coming second at YCS Toronto).
Having powerful cards made readily available at cheaper prices can only be a good thing. Nobody wants a format where the only viable decks cost $300+ to build.

Kokonoe

Banned
Having powerful cards made readily available at cheaper prices can only be a good thing. Nobody wants a format where the only viable decks cost $300+ to build.

I agree in every way. There really is no purpose except to exclude people in tiers due to their budget. I mean, more people with competitive decks means more competition and who doesn't want that?

Top Bottom