• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Wiseblade

One Day of Peace is a terrible card. stalling from ALL damage for a turn and giving the staller a draw is overly powerful and removes player interaction from the game.

The Adder

Banned
So I've built myself a LV Dragon deck and would like opinions:

Armed Dragons LV 3 through 10 x3
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV 3 through 8 x3
Swords of Revealing Light x2
Stamping Destruction x3
Royal Decree x3
Level Up x3
Level Modulation x3
Card Destruction x1
Dark World Dealings x2
Dark World Lightning x2

Basically the goal is to get high level LV Dragons into my grave ASAP in order to use the combination of Level Modulation and Level Up. And then to protect them from magic and trap cards through the combination of Horus' effect and Royal Decree.

Also the whole Level Modulation to get Armed Dragon Level 7 back onto the field while I have Level 10 in my hand (because it's ADLv10's effect that summons it, unlike with most LV monsters).

Basically a lot of it revolves around using Level Modulation while negating the negative effects of Level Modulation. Then keeping the field safe to summon more LV monsters the old fashioned way.

I could also certainly do with suggestions for cards that protect from monster effects. And any other good advice too.

thetechkid

They need to announce a TCG date on Kite's Duelist pack so Photons can become even more glorious. Also I've been playing around with Photon Caesar in my deck on DN but it doesn't seem to be doing as well as I thought.

HO7sB.png

227839420.gif

thetechkid

I'm split on which of the Wave 1 tins to get. I want the Excalibur tin for Excalibur and Zenmaines because they help me with my Photon deck, but the other one has Scrap Dragon and Dark Highlander and I want to get those just to collect them. Is there any chance in the price of those two cards going to to be cheap enough to pick up on the side with an Excalibur tin?

I-hate-u

I'm split on which of the Wave 1 tins to get. I want the Excalibur tin for Excalibur and Zenmaines because they help me with my Photon deck, but the other one has Scrap Dragon and Dark Highlander and I want to get those just to collect them. Is there any chance in the price of those two cards going to to be cheap enough to pick up on the side with an Excalibur tin?

Scrap Dragon is expensive but I have not seen the price of the Tin version yet. I personally got the Excalibur for Laggia (bestest xyz) and Zenmaines.

With Inzektors diei-ng off in the new banlist, its time to swoop in and buy them for cheap.

I'm embracing it now. Also I hate people that call admins on duel network. It takes forever and they refuse to look up rulings on Google.

Wiseblade

I'm embracing it now. Also I hate people that call admins on duel network. It takes forever and they refuse to look up rulings on Google.

It wouldn't be an issue if Konami's ruling list on their own website was more comprehensive. Then again, that's not the real issue. The problem is people on simulators lacking basic reading comprehension or an understanding of the game's mechanics.

thetechkid

So been playing a lot more on DN lately and the number of Dark Worlds and Chaos Dragons I've run into has dropped drastically. Now I wait for the release of Return of the Duelist so that I can improve my actual Photon deck.

thetechkid

Dueling people who do not understand Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon makes me want to give up. It takes way more time explain it than it would to play a whole match.

Wiseblade

Dueling people who do not understand Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon makes me want to give up. It takes way more time explain it than it would to play a whole match.

Galaxy Eyes rarely ever show up in regular play and its effect is a little elaborate, so I think this is a little understandable. What annoys me the most is when people don't know the effects of their own cards.

It takes people a long time to understand that The Paths of Destiny makes you lose 2000 life points regardless of what you flip when simochi or reficule are active.

thetechkid

Galaxy Eyes rarely ever show up in regular play and its effect is a little elaborate, so I think this is a little understandable. What annoys me the most is when people don't know the effects of their own cards.

I get that people can be confused by the banishing effect, but what really bugs me is when I run into someone who refuses to read the card and thinks you can only summing it by tributing +2000 attack monsters(like when people say you have to use 3 light monsters for Chaos Ray, when it says it can be XYZ summoned in another way).

Wichu

A friend of mine just bought a couple of structure decks for some reason (Dark World and Dragons Collide I think). I'd get some new cards too, but I've just splurged on MTG cards... I don't even know if he has anyone to play against :p

I guess a new structure deck or two wouldn't hurt too much. I like the look of the Fairy one.

Wichu

Lol wow. Ive been thinking if you special summon Obelisk and with skill drain in play it cancels its effect of going back to the grave at the end of the turn it was SS?

That's correct.

My favourite card to use with Skill Drain is still good ol' Beastking Barbaros. Normal summon a 3000ATK monster with no tributes? Yes please!

Wiseblade

A friend of mine just bought a couple of structure decks for some reason (Dark World and Dragons Collide I think). I'd get some new cards too, but I've just splurged on MTG cards... I don't even know if he has anyone to play against :p

I guess a new structure deck or two wouldn't hurt too much. I like the look of the Fairy one.

Yeah, Konami's structure decks recently have been getting really good. Ever since the Dragunity one, They've been pretty usable right out of the box.

Wiseblade

Any guesses to the next structure deck they will release? Hopefully not that ocg sea deck

You got something against Atlanteans? But that deck is almost certainly coming to the TCG. Personally, I'm crossing everything I have that the Structure deck following it is for Jurracs. A Good FIRE Dinosaur Xyz monster that got its effect by destroying monsters in battle would be a dream come true.

thetechkid

You got something against Atlanteans? But that deck is almost certainly coming to the TCG. Personally, I'm crossing everything I have that the Structure deck following it is for Jurracs. A Good FIRE Dinosaur Xyz monster that got its effect by destroying monsters in battle would be a dream come true.

According to Shriek, SD24 seems to be fire cards that work with Cosmo Blazer.

I-hate-u

Dragon's Collide (best structure deck Konami ever released imo) and Gates of the underworld are probably a good place to start. Samurai Warlords are not bad either if you want to play six sams.
Always buy 3 of the same structure decks if you are willing to make a deck with the cards they give you

Acrylic7

Dragon's Collide (best structure deck Konami ever released imo) and Gates of the underworld are probably a good place to start. Samurai Warlords are not bad either if you want to play six sams.
Always buy 3 of the same structure decks if you are willing to make a deck with the cards they give you

buy 3 of the same decks?

Acrylic7

yeah, buy three of the same decks because you will most likely take out cards in order to add staple cards and so you can have three copies of cards that came with the structure deck.

ahh,
and what about booster packs? Which are the best packs currently available.

Wiseblade

ahh,
and what about booster packs? Which are the best packs currently available.

Buying booster packs is always a bit of a crapshoot; it's not really worth the money unless there's a lot of cards you want in the pack. If you're staring off building a deck, you're better of just buying 3 copies of a structure deck and a couple of the tins released that year.

Top Bottom