• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Wiseblade

But at least it seems to be a nice representation of the game, and it sure has plenty of cards to play around with. The biggest thing that stood out to me was that they seem to have broken the attack barrier for level 4 monsters again. Found a normal monster that just straight up has 2000 attack with no drawbacks. Of course I'm sure there's worse stuff lurking in these packs that I have yet to see, heh.
Yeah, looking back the power creep for level 1-4 monsters has been insane. Although Konami have kind of settled on an unspoken rule that:

• Monsters with ATK ≤ 1900 can have beneficial effects with no drawback
  • Monsters with 2000 ATK must have no effect or beneficial effects with a drawback
  • Monsters with ATK ≥ 2100 must have a significant drawback

But then cards like Photon Thrasher put even that into question.

Edit: Also, it looks like they may have finally created actual deck-types that work. I can't remember a time when deckbuilding was much more than "splash in all the good cards you have, try to make a half-way decent balance." Nice to see that they may have fixed that.

Yeah, it terms of pure variety, the game is in a really good place with dozens of different Archetypes and deck styles, a lot of them truly feeling unique. However, the number of them that are "good" isn't quite as large as I'd like.

Kokonoe

Banned
I mainly use ebay for the cards as I can see when the shipping is. Troll and Toad is good, but their shipping is a little slow.

Wiseblade

Need help! Want to build a deck around snowy sniper and heroic cards.

But the Heroic challenger cards mostly suck! Anyway, I'll take a crack at it...

2-3x Photon Thrasher
3x Heroic Challenger Double Lance
3x Goblindbergh
3x Tour Guide from the Underworld
1x Sangan
1-2 (but probably just 1)x Heroic Challenger Extra Sword
2-3x Snow Sniper

Warrior spell support, staple spells

Warrior trap support (are there any good ones?), staple traps

I would put more effort into this, but Heroic Challengers don't deserve it.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Summoner Monk would be a much better way to get the first Double Lance into the grave.

Just bought the Invincible Fortress structure deck and a Warrior-Dragon starter deck from the "Dutch ebay". I also got a warrior/dragon starter deck. It has a few decent monsters and spell/traps cards, but there are way too many dead cards and it lacks coherence. Time to blow the dust of my screwdriver to fix it.

Wiseblade

And came up with this:

f9XVp.jpg

Monsters

2x Photon Thrasher
3x Heroic Challenger Double Lance
3x Goblindbergh
3x Tour Guide from the Underworld
1x Sangan
1x Heroic Challenger Extra Sword
2x Snow Sniper
2x Effect Veiler
2x D.D Warrior Lady
1x Black Luster Soldier, EotB

Spells

2x Assault Armor
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Heroic Chance
1x Monster Reborn
1x Reinforcement of the Army
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x The Warrior Returning Alive

Traps

1x Call of the Haunted
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
1x Starlight Road

Extra Deck

3x Heroic Champion Excalibur
2x Utopia
1x M-X-Saber Invoker
1x Blade Armor Ninja
1x Steelswarm Roach
Random filler Xyz

The aim of the deck is to be able to overwhelm you opponent with powerful Xyz monsters every turn, possibly landing an OTK with Excalibur. A good first turn move would be to special summon Photon Thrasher, Normal summon Tour Guide and use her effect to get Invoker on the field. Then use his effect to special summon a double lance from the deck and Xyz Excalibur with it and Thrasher. Use Assault Armor of the Excalibur, then detach it to get the twin attack effect and use Excalibur's ATK doubling effect. By itself that's 8000 damage on an empty field. It turns out that play is impossible because Assault Armor can only be used if you control exactly 1 monster. But there's still Goblindbergh + Double Lance to Xyz Excalibur and then using Assault.

Just Desserts + T.G.

T.G. Striker allows access to Naturia synchros.
M-X-Saber Invoker special summons Madolche Messengelato or T.G. Rush Rhino.
I couldn't make use of Madolche Puddingcess since there will usually be monsters in my graveyard.

BuTp0.jpg

I love the Jar and Greed series. You can make a comic out of them, although it doesn't beat Mind Haxx0rs or That Wacky Magic.

300px-GoodGoblinHousekeepingDR3-EN-C-UE.jpg
GoblinofGreedDR1-EN-C-UE.jpg
JarRobberDR1-EN-C-UE.jpg
300px-SpiritofthePotofGreedDR2-EN-C-UE.jpg
300px-AvatarofThePotDR2-EN-C-UE.jpg
300px-BubbleCrashDB2-EN-C-UE.jpg

With a bit of imagination you can add a not too complex story to it :D

Too bad the Goblin of Greed already holds the pot, though.

Wiseblade

Yeah, Konami have become really good at referencing older, tangentially related cards in newer ones. Stuff like Warrior Dai Grepher, Gigobyte and Warrior Lady of the Wasteland/D.D. Warrior Lady have journeys/stories that take place over the course of multiple cards.

http://images.canadianlisted.com/nlarge/yu-jo-friendship-ultra-rare-yu-gi-oh-card_4751515.jpg[img]

[img]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii235/realgoodeal/EXVC%201st/img414.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080823034009/yugioh/images/thumb/d/d1/JudgmentofthePharaoh-JUMP-EN-UR-LE.png/300px-JudgmentofthePharaoh-JUMP-EN-UR-LE.png
300px-Unity-JUMP-EN-UR-LE.png
300px-Kaibaman-SDDC-EN-C-1E.jpg

The first Yugioh characters are sacred to me.

Big One

Banned
It's some photoshop made on 2ch, lol. Cool concept though, but I'd prefer a crossover game with all the characters.

Just played against a friend. I used a beefed-up Invincible Fortress (rock/defending) and he used a beefed-up Dark Emperor deck (remove from play). I lost both games. The second one was my fault though. I had Medusa Worm (effect: when flip summoned, destroys an opponent's monster) face down and two Moai Interceptor Cannons face down. He had 300 LP left. I ended my turn. As soon as he drew the card, I realised I had Swords of Revealing light sitting in my hand. Of course, he summoned a monster and vanquished my Meduso, so that its effect can't be applied. In the end I lost the game because he killed me with Golden Homunculus (effect: +300 attack for each of your removed from play cards) before I drew Magic Cylinder.

Thud

I don't play anymore, but I still have a deck and cards somewhere from 4-5 years ago. It's a warrior deck with beat down elements.

I remember buying boosters from magician's force. I never completed it 100% though. I quit buying and playing after GX boosters were getting popular. I wanted to collect the heroes, but that's like collecting every card yugi owned or something. I'm aching to play again, sometimes I play the videogames just for the fun and nostalgia takes over...

Anyway my favorite card is probably:

spdQZl.jpg

The references in yugioh cards are amazing btw.

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't play anymore, but I still have a deck and cards somewhere from 4-5 years ago. It's a warrior deck with beat down elements.

I remember buying boosters from magician's force. I never completed it 100% though. I quit buying and playing after GX boosters were getting popular. I wanted to collect the heroes, but that's like collecting every card yugi owned or something. I'm aching to play again, sometimes I play the videogames just for the fun and nostalgia takes over...

Anyway my favorite card is probably:

http://i.imgur.com/spdQZl.jpg[img]

The references in yugioh cards are amazing btw.[/QUOTE]

Due to Winged Kuriboh, you can actually make a Kuriboh deck.

I notice this link here has some recentish ones near the bottom

[url]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kuri[/url]

I like Kuriboh, but I also like Kuribon too.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kaImR.jpg

Toki767

Winged Kuriboh strikes me as being so cheap...I swear GX ruined Kuriboh with all the Winged Kuriboh variations. Especially Lv10.

Kokonoe

Banned
Winged Kuriboh strikes me as being so cheap...I swear GX ruined Kuriboh with all the Winged Kuriboh variations. Especially Lv10.

If you mean overpowered, it's not anywhere, in any shape or form close to that.

Battle Fader is a much better option as it doesn't require you to have it on the field.

Toki767

If you mean overpowered, it's not anywhere, in any shape or form close to that.

Battle Fader is a much better option as it doesn't require you to have it on the field.

Not in an overpowered sense. I just hated how Judai used it to win so many duels lol

Wiseblade

Prophecy Destroyer is real?! that art looked so much like someone photoshopped M:TG art onto a YGO card when I saw the tin yesterday. And oddly enough, it supports the archetype even though it looks nothing like the rest of the cards.

Prophecy Destroyer is a weird card. A Dark Temper Target with 2500 ATK is nice, but it is really just a beater with a really expensive SS effect. I might have to try one copy though, since it keeps Temper live for longer and could be a lifesaver late game. I wish it was even 100 ATK higher, could have made a lot of difference.

Gawayn seems built to partner up with Neos Alius. Heroes getting easy Excalibur?

EDIT: The YGO Strategy blog has begun hyping up the Prophecy cards with this article.

EDIT2: Ugh, telling people about Priestess' ignition effect ruling is sure to raise the archetype's pricing when REDU comes out...

i think both Prophecy and Geargia cards from Return of the Duelist will be expensive to get. Prophecy being hyped up in the Strategy Site and Billy Brake doing an article on Geargias. not to mention that Gear Gigant X is secret rare

Once again, good games on Dueling Network Wiseblade. I think the only decks of mine that are still playable from the last time I checked on them are my Normal Monsters, Dark World and Final Countdown decks. I didn't want to frustrate you with the latter.

thetechkid

Since Noble Knight Artorigus and Noble Knight Gawayn are light warriors monsters, I'm thinking of trying to work them into my Photon deck. Seem like with Reinforcement and Warrior Returning I might be able to work out some kinda combo there for quick XYZ summons.

Wiseblade

Since Noble Knight Artorigus and Noble Knight Gawayn are light warriors monsters, I'm thinking of trying to work them into my Photon deck. Seem like with Reinforcement and Warrior Returning I might be able to work out some kinda combo there for quick XYZ summons.

Gawayn is mostly used right now with Elemental Hero Neos Alius for quick Xyz summons from the hand. In fact, when I first heard about Gawayn I had forgotten all about Artorigus and thought it was just some weird off-archetype support for Alius.

Wiseblade

Ugh, banlist season is so dead. It's hard to really think about what decks I want to play when I don't know what will even be playable next month.

Kokonoe

Banned
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-30/konami-explains-transition-of-4kids-yu-gi-oh-assets

The retail news source ICv2 posted an interview with Konami Digital Entertainment Vice President Card Business Yumi Hoashi discussing the status of 4Kids Entertainment's former Yu-Gi-Oh! assets on Monday. Konami received the rights to the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime franchise last month after the sale of 4Kids' Yu-Gi-Oh! and CW Network-related assets was granted to a joint bid by Saban's KidsCo Media Ventures LLC and Konami's 4K Acquisition Corp.

In the interview, Hoashi revealed that Konami is taking over 4Kids' New York office and creating a new company with some 4Kids employees. Konami will wholly own the new company that will handle the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime's adaptation, distribution, and related merchandise licensing.

Konami plans to continue broadcasting Yu-Gi-Oh! anime in North America while expanding distribution by finding a new television channel to rebroadcast the series in the United States. Saban's KidsCo affiliate received The CW Network's Saturday Morning block agreement terms in 4Kids' assets sale. Hoashi confirmed that the programming block is still airing Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. EST followed by the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Canada's YTV network also broadcasts the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal television anime.

Konami will also actively solicit new licensees for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal toy line. Hoashi noted that 4Kids' "difficulties" in the past year prevented it from soliciting such toy licenses. 4Kids filed for bankruptcy last year shortly after TV Tokyo, Nihon Ad Systems, and ADK filed a lawsuit over Yu-Gi-Oh! licensing. The suit reached an "amicable" settlement earlier this year, with ADK and TV Tokyo paying US$8 million to 4Kids.

Konami is the Japanese licensor and distributor of the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game, while Saban once produced the Fox Kids programming block. (4Kids also once produced Fox's Saturday morning programming until 2008.)

Best of 4Kids without 4Kids.

I remember back when I was in Japan (marine brat) that the kids on the base and I played this extensively. We even had our own Japanese kid who could translate the japanese cards so we mixed in both English and Japanese versions.

Good times, unforunatly when I came back to the states the game wasn't as popular. I would get back in if I knew more people who played it in my area (my knowledge only reaches up to when E-Heroes were introduced)

Big One

Banned
Forbidden:
Elemental HERO Stratos
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Future Fusion
Heavy Storm

Limited:
Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Inzektor Centipede
Rescue Rabbit
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
One Day of Peace
Ultimate Offering

Semi-limited:
Book of Moon
Pot of Avarice

Unlimited:
Spore
Tragoedia

AlterRealityGames is saying this list was obtained by someone at Worlds: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150941534181511&set=a.234049876510.143377.234021296510&type=1&theater

RIP Hero beat and fusion decks lol

Wiseblade

I thought the banlist wasn't supposed to leak for another week? The following however, will assume it's real:

Looking at it, I'm, really depressed to see Brio go, with cards like Maestroke and Zenmaines omnipresent. It'll be interesting to see what happens to backrow with Heavy gone and MST@3. I still think Heavy should stay around until Konami make a S/T version of Torrential Tribute; a trap that that triggers on the set and destroys all backrow. I won't really miss Stratos, and Future Fusion needed to go.

REDMD was simply too big a target to not get limited. Centipede being limited is an sub-optimal choice IMO, it just turns Inzektors into an OTK deck more than anything else. Rescue Rabbit@1 is nice to see, 1-Card Xyz monsters that pull from the deck are simply too powerful to leave unlimited. Zenmaity@1 means Wind-Up decks can still take 2 cards from my hand with Hunter, Which is 2 more than any deck should be taking from the opponent first turn. And hitting noting in the main deck means it still has the same level of consistency. One Day of Peace being limited is good, the card removes player interaction. Ultimate offering@ 1 isn't enough IMO. It's still going to be the end of the game whenever it gets played.

I'm mixed on Book of Moon@2. On the plus side, it makes combos easier to stop and slows the game a little. on the minus side, Book can get really annoying when used at multiple copies.

Spore@3 is fine, but I would still trade it to have Brio back. Trag@3 is definitely a sign that Konami plans this banlist to slow the game down.

No Dark Magician of Chaos makes me happy that I'll actually be able to afford Prophecy cards and no Rekindling keeps my Jurracs alive.

thetechkid

Amusing that banlist is real, I have mixed feelings about FF. On one hand I like that Five Head Dragon will stop showing up every other duel, on the other hand I probably won't have much use for Twin Photon Lizard now. And as much as I hate Brio, I like Brio going away and leaving only one dragon left. And it looks like Konami is really wanting the backrow back now. Also is there a stream of Worlds anywhere?

Top Bottom