• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links begins global launch, out in North America/Asia (iOS/Android)

.JayZii

Banned
Downloaded this and it's interesting to go way back to basics with the rules, smaller starting hand and limiting the field to 3 monsters and 3 spell/traps. I'm not sure how much time I'll put into it but I've found the really low level dueling online fun and more intense than the super complex rules/power creep of more recent games I've played.

Going, "Damn! He got a normal monster out with 2000 attack points, how can I take this thing down?", feels nostalgic.

Is there any way to increase the difficulty? Dueling people who summon weak monsters in attack position when you have wildly more powerful ones isn't very fun.

Rank up as fast as possible to the double digits. You'll soon hit cpu that know what they are doing. Also go to PvP if you want a real challenge.

ReaperXL7

Is there any way to increase the difficulty? Dueling people who summon weak monsters in attack position when you have wildly more powerful ones isn't very fun.

Seems like the higher your stage rank goes the more high level duelists show up. I've run across a couple of level 20s that I lost to which was partly due to bad luck on the cards I drew.

I don't think any of the npcs will be as challenging as real players can be though.

dennism

is there something im missing, when someone activated a trap, and i use my twister card to destroy that trap, but the trap still activates anyway. is that supposed to happen?

Skyo20

Neo Member
is there something im missing, when someone activated a trap, and i use my twister card to destroy that trap, but the trap still activates anyway. is that supposed to happen?

twister only destroys the card and not 'negate' the effect. Can use it to destroy continuous and field cards im afraid.

gryvan

I need more shards of greed! Must draw faster!!!

For difficulty, yeah higher rank shows huge notable challenges ahainst cpu but at the same time the RNG factor gets real as well.

Im currently at stage 30 myself but my auto duels have net me 70% win rate compared to lower stage which were guaranteed 100% win rate because AI were piss poor easy.

Im currently farming yugi muto for that ganbara card, with around 6k-8k assessments. Wish itd be more level 40 decks instead of 10 and 20 :(

So how much money have you guys spent on this? This game is addicting as hell! Classic Yu-Gi-Oh at it's finest.

I only spent like 2 bucks because of sales and this is through google survey money. Other than that the crystals have been pretty much getting me cards and card farming

So how much money have you guys spent on this? This game is addicting as hell! Classic Yu-Gi-Oh at it's finest.
Less than a dollar for the special deal they have. I had some Google Play credit.
It's gonna be a while before I run out of the free gems. They've been super generous.

doop_

Banned
Got two Ultra Rares so far. Senju Of The Thousand Hands and Magic Jammer.
Does everyone get Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Flintty

I love this game so much, I usually avoid mobile games but this is too god. So good that I'd pay full price for a Switch version. This has to happen!

gryvan

Got two Ultra Rares so far. Senju Of The Thousand Hands and Magic Jammer.
Does everyone get Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

I think so. I picked yugi initially and apparently comes with a vlue eyes. After you unlock kaiba you get the second one.

How the fuck do you beat level 30 mai every time I duel her she turn 1/2 plays the amazon field card and completely rolls me. Even if I throw despell into my inventory I never draw it :[

ReaperXL7

I had my deck heavily stacked in favor of monsters but lately I've found myself removing some and adding more spells and traps. Lesson learned because there are spell and trap cards that can heavily turn the tide in your favor even in some dire situations if used properly.

Anyone know what stage you unlock the ocean duelist, Makato I think is his name?

I had my deck heavily stacked in favor of monsters but lately I've found myself removing some and adding more spells and traps. Lesson learned because there are spell and trap cards that can heavily turn the tide in your favor even in some dire situations if used properly.

Anyone know what stage you unlock the ocean duelist, Makato I think is his name?

The freaky fish guy? No idea I believe rex raptor is 19 I read so I imagine mako is in the mid 20's somewhere

You need to tribute summon 150 times.

I've been playing the game lighty since last Friday and it's pretty cool. Certainly a massive improvement over the other YGO mobile game.

But I feel that's the TCG here is a litte too basic. Hoping to see the other types of special Monster Summons later down the line (Synchro and etc).

4NdWpb6.jpg
Pegasus event coming back!

cHinzo

Great for EU people too, since the event already ended when it got released here. I'm liking the game so far. Wish they would up the chance to get an UR though, not having much luck so far. Did manage to get Riryoku from the card trader. 😁

Still don't have any Order to Charge cards sadly or Mirror Wall. 😔 Think imma just save the rest of my gems for a new pack with cool cards. Would love a dragon pack.

Just pulled a Jerry Bean Man. Makes consistently bopping the AI much easier.

Was very annoyed after spending a lot of gate tokens to unlock Kaiba that he does not get you any copies of Axe Raider.

HabeeNo

So glad a Water deck is one of the initial archtypes that can be built through booster packs! But as soon as 'roids' or Machine cards drop, I'm outchea lol

lot of people rolling with a guradian grarl in gold rank...any way to combat that card? people combo the hell out of me with him so fast

what rank are you?

In ranked? I don't play that, I am grinding to unlock everything ATM... :0

But yeah I have Mirror Wall and Des Counterblow as my 2 traps. Des Counterblow slows the game down a lot but it IS removal. Mirror Wall is the best card I've seen in the game so far (other than Cyberstein).

I just want the ritual card that nukes the field when he drops. ;( Konami pls.

Skyo

Wonder balloons is super annoying to deal with in PvP. Anyone got any counters? I guess twister.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Balloons

Wonder balloons is super annoying to deal with in PvP. Anyone got any counters? I guess twister.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Balloons
When I draw Wonder Balloons it's the best thing ever.
You need anti-spell and trap cards as you progress. Those card types can be far too useful to just let them be used, especially continuous ones.

If no one is gonna make an OT then I'll just make a bootleg one without graphic and arts and just call it Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| Its time to Duel.

Taking suggestions for OT titles unless someone wants to step up and do it.

MiTYH

I'll suggest classic ones:

|OT| It-it's not possible!
|OT| EXODIA! OBLITERATE!
|OT| It's time to D-D-D-duel!

And funny ones from the abridged series:
|OT| I'm going to challenge you to a children's card game!
|OT| The entire world or card games. Tough choice
|OT| Take a drink every time we mention friendship

Personally I like "Did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?" but I think it was taken by the actual YuGiOh OT in the community section.

EDIT: Could also be |OT| Waiting for opponent to reconnect... but that should be patched out with the next update, and I don't want to alienate people from the game

Skyo

When we get an OT, lets turf one of the rooms. >:D

This game, its looking like im in it for the long run. Free to play seems manageable in the meantime. Looking for some dedicated players to add.

Top Bottom