• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Sayah

Lightsworn is a fun deck

I love when bad players just suicide the deck in 2 turns

I never used it. Maybe in the future I'll make a lightsworn deck.

I tried getting a vampire and light/dark (chaos sorcerer, BLS envoy of the beginning) deck together and didn't enjoy them as much as I do the fairy deck.

Next step is to try and create a Noble Knight deck.

woodland

Anyone have any fun Jinzo/Ojama decks? Always like the Ojama's when I watched the show and Jinzo was just bad as fuck. I hear Jinzo isn't really that good anymore but I'd still like one if anyone knows it?

First YuGiOh game in years and just finished my Exodia deck you guys made like 10 pages ago (grinding packs for Armageddon Knight t.t)

edit: Is Ojama King in the game? I was checking out the Google Doc with the card stuff and he's highlighted in green on Chazz's deck pagge.

Sayah

Anyone have any fun Jinzo/Ojama decks? Always like the Ojama's when I watched the show and Jinzo was just bad as fuck. I hear Jinzo isn't really that good anymore but I'd still like one if anyone knows it?

First YuGiOh game in years and just finished my Exodia deck you guys made like 10 pages ago (grinding packs for Armageddon Knight t.t)

edit: Is Ojama King in the game? I was checking out the Google Doc with the card stuff and he's highlighted in green on Chazz's deck pagge.

Yes. Ojama King is also in Chazz's booster pack.

I haven't come across that many Jinzo decks.

Though, for tips, you can read this page.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Jinzo

Boogiepop

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good deck to build for effect damage so I can get that trophy? Preferably something that'd work for normal play as well.

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good deck to build for effect damage so I can get that trophy? Preferably something that'd work for normal play as well.
Blaze fenix is a card in the basic fusion deck can do about 3,000 effect damage per turn when there a lot of cards on the field other than that look into effect monsters with a fire attribute like fencing fire ferret
Edit there cards I'm familiar with since some yugioh games start of with fire decks so there probably not competitive

My favorite burn deck is the reverse burn with Nurse Reficule and Bad Reaction to Simochi. You use cards like Gift Card that usually gives your opponent 3000 Life Points, and burn them with it instead.

macklelol

Chain Burn is also a pretty easy way to get that trophy. I get more ragequits with Chain Burn (and Melodious) decks than with any other deck, it's amusing.

Sayah

My favorite burn deck is the reverse burn with Nurse Reficule and Bad Reaction to Simochi. You use cards like Gift Card that usually gives your opponent 3000 Life Points, and burn them with it instead.
Agreed.

I played the duelist challenge and it's a pretty creative deck.

Finally got to zexals storyline...either this yuma kids deck is really OP or the game got alot easier, especially considering im still getting the hang of xyz stuff.

Murkas

Wanna make a Six Samurai deck if anyone likes to help, is the theme just to vomit as many cards out and then get Shien out?

Tetsu Trudge goes through his turns to quickly so I can't fully process what he's doing :(

Fj0823

Finally got to zexals storyline...either this yuma kids deck is really OP or the game got alot easier, especially considering im still getting the hang of xyz stuff.

Yumas deck is bad because he only uses Utopia lol

His Gagaga cards alone are a pretty decent archtype, same for the Gogogo cards. But together? Ew

Boogiepop

Blaze fenix is a card in the basic fusion deck can do about 3,000 effect damage per turn when there a lot of cards on the field other than that look into effect monsters with a fire attribute like fencing fire ferret
Edit there cards I'm familiar with since some yugioh games start of with fire decks so there probably not competitive

Chain Burn is also a pretty easy way to get that trophy. I get more ragequits with Chain Burn (and Melodious) decks than with any other deck, it's amusing.
Thanks a ton guys.

Also, holy crap. Here's the point where I've only played a handful of proper multiplayer games, and the story mode. But in putting together decks, I tried throwing together a Qli one off someone's list and slightly modified it. And I feel like I probably made a minor mess in the process. And I only played it once in a game where I completely screwed up the pendulums because I'm not used to them. And holy crap, they are RIDICULOUS. Like, most of the stuff I've seen otherwise (which admittedly doesn't include the other tip top of the tiers decks) seems perhaps strong but fair enough in my mind. But holy crap, just set up skill drain and you can just free drop 2400-2800 beatsticks while boning a ton of decks by killing their effects. Then with the field spell you get to drop another one in that turn. And then there's that equip that gives a 300 boost, battle invincibility, and search on death. And you get a boost (or an effective one) further from having stuff in the pendulum zones. And that's ignoring the effects since I had canceled them, the power of pendulum summoning, the scout search I didn't use, and any other things I missed. Just getting that much power from playing them poorly has me a little worried and feeling like they're absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks a ton guys.

Also, holy crap. Here's the point where I've only played a handful of proper multiplayer games, and the story mode. But in putting together decks, I tried throwing together a Qli one off someone's list and slightly modified it. And I feel like I probably made a minor mess in the process. And I only played it once in a game where I completely screwed up the pendulums because I'm not used to them. And holy crap, they are RIDICULOUS. Like, most of the stuff I've seen otherwise (which admittedly doesn't include the other tip top of the tiers decks) seems perhaps strong but fair enough in my mind. But holy crap, just set up skill drain and you can just free drop 2400-2800 beatsticks while boning a ton of decks by killing their effects. Then with the field spell you get to drop another one in that turn. And then there's that equip that gives a 300 boost, battle invincibility, and search on death. And you get a boost (or an effective one) further from having stuff in the pendulum zones. And that's ignoring the effects since I had canceled them, the power of pendulum summoning, the scout search I didn't use, and any other things I missed. Just getting that much power from playing them poorly has me a little worried and feeling like they're absolutely ridiculous.
qli is one of the strongest archetypes in the game, especially since the ga
me uses the January ban list where skill drain and saqlifice aren't limited and qliphort scout isn't semi limited. And you haven't even mentioned the Apoqliphorts

qli is one of the strongest archetypes in the game, especially since the ga
me uses the January ban list where skill drain and saqlifice aren't limited and qliphort scout isn't semi limited. And you haven't even mentioned the Apoqliphorts
Those guys are crazy. Even non-targetting, non destruction removal from Spell or Trap cards doesn't work on the stupid things. Lol.

I have two questions for you guys.

1 - Are all of the cards, up to the booster pack cutoff point in the game yet, or are we still awaiting some cards as DLC?

2 - If Konami releases another $20-$40 of DLC, are you still planning on buying it?

macklelol

I have two questions for you guys.

1 - Are all of the cards, up to the booster pack cutoff point in the game yet, or are we still awaiting some cards as DLC?

2 - If Konami releases another $20-$40 of DLC, are you still planning on buying it?

If the DLC ends up adding newer cards (up to Clash of Rebellion or High Speed Riders (lol yeah right)) I probably wouldn't mind buying more DLC.

I'm doubtful that we'll even get more DLC, though.

Hi everyone, been buying this since release but haven't gotten into playing it much yet, still playing ace attorney series...

Anyway, sorry for my laziness, I got some quick question:
1. Any cards locked behind dlcs? I think back then people was talking about Black Luster Soldier locked behind a dlc.
2. Good deck that's relatively easy to build in the game? I'm thinking of building Harpie deck, but I don't know where to got its supports like Icarus Attack, etc lol

Hi everyone, been buying this since release but haven't gotten into playing it much yet, still playing ace attorney series...

Anyway, sorry for my laziness, I got some quick question:
1. Any cards locked behind dlcs? I think back then people was talking about Black Luster Soldier locked behind a dlc.
2. Good deck that's relatively easy to build in the game? I'm thinking of building Harpie deck, but I don't know where to got its supports like Icarus Attack, etc lol
1 - It was originally thought that there were no DLC locked cards, but that was incorrect. There are several archetypes and other single cards locked behind the eight DLC packs that have been released so far.

2 - You can semi-easily get a good deck by defeating that person's Duelist Challenge until you have all of their cards. I believe Mai's Duelist Challenge uses Harpies, so you can duel her there until you have all the cards you need.

2.5 - There a site you can go to and search for any of the Yugioh cards in the game, and it'll tell you where to find them. It's right here.

1 - It was originally thought that there were no DLC locked cards, but that was incorrect. There are several archetypes and other single cards locked behind the eight DLC packs that have been released so far.

2 - You can semi-easily get a good deck by defeating that person's Duelist Challenge until you have all of their cards. I believe Mai's Duelist Challenge uses Harpies, so you can duel her there until you have all the cards you need.

2.5 - There a site you can go to and search for any of the Yugioh cards in the game, and it'll tell you where to find them. It's right here.

Woah, the site is very helpful! Looks like I'll play this since Persona is delayed until 2016 ;)

Westlo

Ah man there's no Juragedo in this game, really liking the T.G Agents build that incorporates them, it's like having 3 mini Honests added to the deck and they give back life points we lose for getting shine balls out. Also makes it easy to get a dark in the graveyard for Black Luster....

Oh well guess I'll go for another deck in this game...

Fj0823

OH WOW

Didn't know there was a Crimson Dragon card!!!

Apparently it was only released in the US and its international release is with the new CORE Special Edition.

I need 1000

OH WOW

Apparently it was only released in the US and its international release is with the new CORE Special Edition.

I need 1000
i wonder if I have it lying around my home somewhere since I'm a jump subscriber, but I don't really check and since it'd be sent to my home address my parents would probably have put it somewhere

OH WOW

I need 1000
It's pretty sick. I've seen it used in some Heiratic decks, and man... it's dirty. Especially when you combine it with cards that set during your opponent's turn like Scrap-Iron Scarecrow or Dust Tornado.

Fj0823

I kinda love the fact that it's a level 0 monster (At least conceptually)

Edit: Some GREAT news for those who decided to get back into the physical card game

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7413

From now on, booster packs will no longer include Ultimate rares or Ghost Rares.

The trade is fair, as now EVERY pack comes with a super rare, and Ultras and Secrets have twice the chance of showing up.

To summarize the new system:

*9 cards per pack: 1 foil + 1 Rare + 7 Commons
*Foil in every pack – either Super, Ultra, or Secret Rare
*If you get an Ultra or Secret Rare, it will replace the Super Rare
*Each 24-pack box will have, on average, 2 Secret Rares, 4 Ultra Rares, and 18 Super Rares
*Ultra & Secret Rare ratios doubled to 1-in-6 and 1-in-12 packs, respectively
*Ultimate Rares are moving exclusively to tournament packs
*Ghost Rares are being removed… for now
*Each set will still have 8 Secret Rares, 10 Ultra Rares, 14 Super Rares, 20 Rares
*MSRP is unchanged

Edit: Some GREAT news for those who decided to get back into the physical card game

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7413

From now on, booster packs will no longer include Ultimate rares or Ghost Rares.

The trade is fair, as now EVERY pack comes with a super rare, and Ultras and Secrets have twice the chance of showing up.
I think this is a great idea. I'll miss the Ultimate Rare cards a bit, but it'll be worth it for those who open booster packs.

Sayah

Another new entrant to PSN ban list.
iOsanu
XxtheAzurexX
Helios__Soul
Imsorry313
lilskimiles
Big_Fish_MUC
Mr_Maico
carfouf34
MCSKL
marquis_8732
Tupacback-300
jordan090

I purposefully have not used any meta decks so far. Really like going against the grain.
Still maybe try out masked heroes for a bit since you like banishing cards that can be done with darklaw.Fusion gate with elemental shining gaining attack points for banished cards you own.

Top Bottom