• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

I'll join, but I kind of wish we could use something like ygopro for this, since I'd like to use arc-v decks, but a lot of the cards I'd like to use aren't in LotD at the moment. I guess I'll probably end up using one of the zexal decks

I guess I'm up for the new tournament too! Good luck finding enough characters who's decks are balanced though. Lol.

I've been saying a lot of DevPro lately, so I'm definitely going to miss some of the newer cards when I go back to Legacy... although I'm guessing most of the duelists we get are going to be pre-Arc-V anyway.

I guess I'm up for the new tournament too! Good luck finding enough characters who's decks are balanced though. Lol.

I've been saying a lot of DevPro lately, so I'm definitely going to miss some of the newer cards when I go back to Legacy... although I'm guessing most of the duelists we get are going to be pre-Arc-V anyway.
ZeXal characters are going to dominate lol.

Just bought this game, pretty nice nostalgia trip. I just did the Arc-V tutorial and... lol. Takes "summon a bunch of monsters in one turn" to another level.

Some questions. Can you not do multiplayer draft/sealed?

Also how are the decks online, does everyone just run meta FOTM or can you get by with achetypes? That's the only thing I really love about Yu-Gi-Oh. The game handles archetypes really well and you can build workable decks under a specific theme. If I make a HERO or Gravekeeper deck, will I get stomped?

Fj0823

Just bought this game, pretty nice nostalgia trip. I just did the Arc-V tutorial and... lol. Takes "summon a bunch of monsters in one turn" to another level.

Some questions. Can you not do multiplayer draft/sealed?

Also how are the decks online, does everyone just run meta FOTM or can you get by with achetypes? That's the only thing I really love about Yu-Gi-Oh. The game handles archetypes really well and you can build workable decks under a specific theme. If I make a HERO or Gravekeeper deck, will I get stomped?

Both HERO and Gravekeeper got massive buffs.

Check out Masked HERO fusions

But online, most players seem to be playing competitive

Unai

I think I'll pass this one. I didn't even finish the campaign and also I don't even have a playstation+ subscription.

Your character is Chum Lee Hufflington

Anyone else wants to tell me how to do my job?

No one? Good.

Remember I still have all of Yuma's shitty friends available.

I don't think any of Yuma's shitty friends have used enough cards on screen to have a full deck, even if you assume 3 of each cards and that none of them are anime exclusive

At least going off Yu-gi-oh wikia's card list for each of them

Fj0823

I don't think any of Yuma's shitty friends have used enough cards on screen to have a full deck, even if you assume 3 of each cards and that none of them are anime exclusive

At least going off Yu-gi-oh wikia's card list for each of them

It was a joke lol

Anna has a fully operational deck, but I don't think she counts as a shitty friend. She was funny.

But yes, they don't have enough cards, makes me wonder why those characters even exist.

EDIT: As for ZEXAL, I also watched all of it. And its terrible but you can't stop watching, like a trainwreck.

The part that angers me the most is that its full of Cool characters like Shark, Kaito, IV, Rio,Dextra and of course Vector. All of them with awesome deck themes and some interesting motives at first

And every single one of those characters is ruined spectacularly at some point.

That's what makes the series one of the worst, as soon as it starts to show promise it jumps into a pile of Crap just to be safe.

It was a joke lol

Anna has a fully operational deck, but I don't think she counts as a shitty friend. She was funny.

I counted hers as well, and she actually falls a bit short if you count out her two anime exclusive cards. But yeah, wasn't considering her in the shitty friends category

When are you planning to start the tournament, FJ? We'll probably need a couple days to research and get the cards for our decks. And are you going to make a separate thread for this tournament?

Fj0823

Hi Fj I can pm a 20 dollar psn code if you need a prize for the winner.

That'd be great! Thanks a lot

After thoughtful consideration, I've decided on the characters for the tournament

Don't expect any mains (Yugi is ridiculously underpowered, while the others are waaaay OP in this scenario)

Ill make an OT now

Kinsei

Banned
I picked this up last night and I have to say as someone that has never played the card game that it's a lot of fun. That being said it's making the show much harder to rewatch noticing all of the fuck ups. Joey, why did you place that monster card in a spell/trap position and how did you summon Flame Swordsman without fusion?

Is it just me or are the reverse battles much better at teaching you how to play than the regular battles? I don;t feel like I've learned anything after a story battle because I just end up winiging it and making it through because of what basically amounts to plot armor.

Unai

I picked this up last night and I have to say as someone that has never played the card game that it's a lot of fun. That being said it's making the show much harder to rewatch noticing all of the fuck ups. Joey, why did you place that monster card in a spell/trap position and how did you summon Flame Swordsman without fusion?

Is it just me or are the reverse battles much better at teaching you how to play than the regular battles? I don;t feel like I've learned anything after a story battle because I just end up winiging it and making it through because of what basically amounts to plot armor.

Are you using the story decks? Reverse battles using the story deck are much, much harder indeed.

Kinsei

Banned
Are you using the story decks? Reverse battles using the story deck are much, much harder indeed.

Yep story decks. I feel like I have to come up with a plan and then try to account for my opponents moves. With the regualr story battles it feels almost impossible to lose so far.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member

Yeah, the author really didn't seem to have a good grip on how to write a coherent card game at the time. It wasn't until Battle City with direct attacks and tribute summons that it really started to come together.

I was reading the manga a while ago and the first time Duel Monsters is played (between Yugi and Kaiba, preceeding the one showed in the anime) is near incomprehensible!

Bowl0l

Yeah, the author really didn't seem to have a good grip on how to write a coherent card game at the time. It wasn't until Battle City with direct attacks and tribute summons that it really started to come together.

I was reading the manga a while ago and the first time Duel Monsters is played (between Yugi and Kaiba, preceeding the one showed in the anime) is near incomprehensible!
Using living arrow + polymerization + mammoth graveyard to weaken Ultimate Blue Eyes made me interested with the show. Too bad that the card game is less flexible.

Fj0823

Using living arrow + polymerization + mammoth graveyard to weaken Ultimate Blue Eyes made me interested with the show. Too bad that the card game is less flexible.

I would say it is as flexible now as the show originally wanted, but avoiding the stupid stuff.

For example, you can fuse with your opponents cards, or fuse spells and traps

I would say it is as flexible now as the show originally wanted, but avoiding the stupid stuff.

For example, you can fuse with your opponents cards, or fuse spells and traps
Yeah the game has a ton of crazy combos and strategies, it's just each card is well defined so that you aren't just making up rules as you go, or using a multi volume encyclopedia as a rule book

Unai

Yeah the game has a ton of crazy combos and strategies, it's just each card is well defined so that you aren't just making up rules as you go, or using a multi volume encyclopedia as a rule book

This is the "magic"of the game. One simple card can change EVERYTHING.

I just spent over £70 on real cards because of this game. Help.
I spent $100 on Sunday finishing my irl Infernoid deck, and still wasn't able to get all the cards I'd have liked. Galaxy Cyclone should NOT be $30 a pop!!! >=[]

At least I'm not making Kozmo though. Ghost Ogres and Farmgirls alone would break my bank.

I spent $100 on Sunday finishing my irl Infernoid deck, and still wasn't able to get all the cards I'd have liked. Galaxy Cyclone should NOT be $30 a pop!!! >=[]

At least I'm not making Kozmo though. Ghost Ogres and Farmgirls alone would break my bank.

Haha! I looked on ebay yesterday and saw that someone had a complete deck I wanted for only £20. But I kept thinking just one more card would make it ever so slightly better. And then another. And then another.

Haha! I looked on ebay yesterday and saw that someone had a complete deck I wanted for only £20. But I kept thinking just one more card would make it ever so slightly better. And then another. And then another.
Yeah, never trust those 'complete decks' on eBay. They're usually full of archetype cards that don't work well together and only come with one (If any) copies of cards that you need in threes.

What kind of deck did you make?

Yeah, never trust those 'complete decks' on eBay. They're usually full of archetype cards that don't work well together and only come with one (If any) copies of cards that you need in threes.

What kind of deck did you make?

Cool, what did you get?

Sylvan Deck. It's missing the Sylvan Hermitree's because I couldn't find them for a reasonable price (guessing they're rare) but apart from that I managed to get a working "viable" deck. (Note that I'm still quite new to playing the game "properly" lol)

I also got some Mirror Forces, Bottomless Trap Holes and Mystical Space Typhoons because, hey, they're always good.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So I just noticed that 4 Arc-V DLC packs have been released. Why are they priced the same as the previous ones if they only contain a single duel? I really want to get them but the price is outrageous and knowing Konami they probably won't ever go on sale

Fj0823

Sylvan Deck. It's missing the Sylvan Hermitree's because I couldn't find them for a reasonable price (guessing they're rare) but apart from that I managed to get a working "viable" deck. (Note that I'm still quite new to playing the game "properly" lol)

I also got some Mirror Forces, Bottomless Trap Holes and Mystical Space Typhoons because, hey, they're always good.

No lies detected. Did you get the Sylvan Xyz monsters or just the Main Deck?

Top Bottom