• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki and Mark Cerny talk Shenmue III strategy?!

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Didn't Cerny work at Sega. Could just be some old friends catching up. That said, Shenmue could be a perfect episodic game. So I hope there is something in the pipeline.

IrishNinja

You dumbasses, this isn't happening

wlCGvoF.gif

Into

It is not out of the realm of possibility, i know Shenmue fans have gotten pretty jaded but Sega owns the license and perhaps the biggest reason to believe you might see at least a HD collection is that Yakuza has sold pretty well and is one of Sega's biggest games

Its not that crazy, its perhaps not okay to believe, but at least hope =P

Sorral

Well Yu Suzuki and Mark Cerny in the same picture can mean only good news.

No, they could be just catching up and talking because Cerny did work for Sega too back in the day. See my previous post and the quoted youtube link.

Edit: Well, I guess good news for both of them, and perhaps nothing for us.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Oculus Rift is probably the perfect opportunity to bring back Shenmue. Imagine kneeling down to feed that stray cat, or peeking inside the cupboard in your living room.

It is not out of the realm of possibility, i know Shenmue fans have gotten pretty jaded but Sega owns the license and perhaps the biggest reason to believe you might see at least a HD collection is that Yakuza has sold pretty well and is one of Sega's biggest games

Its not that crazy, its perhaps not okay to believe, but at least hope =P

Yet it hasn't happened despite Sega sitting on the IP since forever. There have been what? 4 Yakuza games on PS3 and not a thing about Shenmue, and now people suddenly think Sega is making Shenmue 3 because Suzuki and Cerny are seen together despite the fact Suzuki has left Sega to start his own development company YS NET and is only with Sega in a limited advisory capacity, but yea Shenmue 3 is tooootally coming!

Just sayin'

IrishNinja

Angelus, no one hears your hateful words~

You're just looking for ways to get your heart broken. And you're not taking me with you this time.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

rvy, i know your pain all too well, brother. let me share with you an important truth: i will not die before shenmue 3 is completed.

do you know what that means, my friend? it means it's gonna happen, or i am goddamn immortal. i'm good with either possibility.

as long as suzuki is still so inclined, i do think it's just a matter of time...my real concerns, other than yu dying (...) would be the mystical stuff we were amping up to with 2's ending leading 3 in a weird rushed direction akin to matrix revolutions, creating a Duke Nukem Forever esque reality where waiting well over a decade was preferable

If this gets confirmed GAF will be down for a week lol

at least one entire day will be devoted to twitter trolling duckroll back

Into

Yet it hasn't happened despite Sega sitting on the IP since forever. There have been what? 4 Yakuza games on PS3 and not a thing about Shenmue, and now people suddenly think Sega is making Shenmue 3 because Suzuki and Cerny are seen together despite the fact Suzuki has left Sega to start his own development company YS NET and is only with Sega in a limited advisory capacity, but yea Shenmue 3 is tooootally coming!

Just sayin'

Who said Shenmue is "tooootally coming"? In my own post i directly stated you should not believe it is coming but at least have hope for a HD collection. Most people here refuse to even get hyped for it, i just said that because of the Yakuza success they might consider such a project. If Yakuza bombed then yeah, i could not see anyone at Sega even suggesting such an idea

Who said Shenmue is "tooootally coming"? In my own post i directly stated you should not believe it is coming but at least have hope for a HD collection. Most people here refuse to even get hyped for it, i just said that because of the Yakuza success they might consider such a project. If Yakuza bombed then yeah, i could not see anyone at Sega even suggesting such an idea

Of course people refuse to get hyped for it, there's a "Shenmue 3 is coming based on flimsy evidence" thread several times a YEAR, this is the boy who cried wolf man.

Darktails

at least have hope for a HD collection.

There is no official statement - either by SEGA or by Yu himself - that would imply the existence of plans to re-release the first two games in the Shenmue series in the form of a HD collection. In fact, Yu only recently voiced his confusion about this rather persistent rumor. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Darktails

Guys, stop for a second and look at the tweets.
Mark Cerny & Yu Suzuki talking strategy for Shenmue III. For reals
This is clearly meant to be taken as a joke. This doesn't seem like a business meeting of any kind. Yu, Mark and her are just hanging out. Meggan says as much in her next tweet.
Just hanging out with Yu Suzuki, no big deal.

UrbanRats

Guys, stop for a second and look at the tweets.

This is clearly meant to be taken as a joke. This doesn't seem like a business meeting of any kind. Yu, Mark and her are just hanging out. Meggan says as much in her next tweet.

Sssht.
Let the desperation flow, Half Life 3 style.

Ushae

Banned
Please be true, please be true, please be true.

Not sure how I feel about PS taking this as an exclusive. I hope its multiplatform for the sake of the franchises success.

Shenmue III on the PS4?! It's like all my wildest dreams rolled into one. Now all that needs to happen is for Ryo to lose his virginity instead of stonewalling the multitude of Asian nymphs in desperate need of his tallywacker and I can finally die a happy man.

pants

You know, Sega letting first-parties pay for and publish games is starting to look like a pretty cool decision. First Bayonetta, now hopefully Shenmue.

Sega's returned to being a first-party, you just don't know it, yet! =P

Bayonetta 2 has absolutely no involvement with Sega.

Dont be silly. It's exactly as the poster said 'Sega letting first-parties pay for and publish games'

Nibel

Please be true, please be true, please be true.

Not sure how I feel about PS taking this as an exclusive. I hope its multiplatform for the sake of the franchises success.

If exclusivity is the only way to finance the game - so fucking be it

Koralsky

Don't want Shenmue III from Y (even through I love both Shnemue games).

Sony, just give the man small team to make exclusive PSN titles and a lot of old school SEGA fans will be quite happy and eventually (finally) brought you're next console.

Top Bottom