• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League Review Thread

dr_octagon

Banned
WB really hates their DCEU fans. Really petty. The whole toxic fandom label is pure projection.
agreed. imagine a car manufacturer, restaurant, retail or supermarket treating their customers with such disrespect.

film and tv are appalling when it comes to things like this and it's readily accepted. it is supported by plenty of idiots in the media who feel those who support and pay should be ignored.

Batiman

Banned
Just watched this finally last night Not a DC fan and never watched the whedon version. I thought it was pretty good overall. Very inconsistent. Some scenes were great while others looked trash. Anything to do with superman was uninteresting.

Hatemachine

Banned

unknown.png

Dan Marino Holy Shit GIF

Lmao Jesus Christ. If there was ever any doubt that there's a civil war going on within WB over the fate of the DCEU franchise, this is all the proof we need.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Just watched this finally last night Not a DC fan and never watched the whedon version. I thought it was pretty good overall. Very inconsistent. Some scenes were great while others looked trash. Anything to do with superman was uninteresting.
The slow mo shit has to stop

tsumake

Yeah, even with the reshoots it still felt like an early cut of a better movie. Still glad we got it though.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah, even with the reshoots it still felt like an early cut of a better movie. Still glad we got it though.

I am still not sold on the clunkier slower Batman and Affleck’s portrayal of it, but even his Batman shone better in it. I was surprised how much better than the Whedon’s cut this was in the end. It was long for sure, but did flow better IMHO and it gave characters more chance to develop themselves.

The biggest difference in this and Avengers: Assemble is that the latter was built with more movies giving a chance to its key character to introduce themselves to the audiences and it helped Avengers to have a tighter and more coherent pacing.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Watched by 3.7 million households in its first 39 days

Samba TV Senior Director Dr. Jeffrey Silverman appeared with YouTube personality Syl Abdul and I to discuss the latest data.
In short, Zack Snyder’s Justice League exploded on HBO Max.
Silverman revealed that:
"The Snyder Cut beat almost every other movie we looked at [upon its release on HBO Max.]"

In fact, only Disney Plus’ Soul and HBO Max’ Wonder Woman 1984 topped it in its first 30 days.
However, Soul and Wonder Woman 1984 were both entirely new films that had billion-dollar potential at the theatrical box office.
Moreover, they were both launched on Christmas when families gathered together at home.

sol_bad

Honestly, the ZSJL canon hasn't been forgotten at this point. Both Shazam! and Aquaman follow on from JL. I can't think of any cannon breaking scenarios occuring in either the Whedon or Snyder films in relation to the first Shazam or Aquaman films.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Honestly, the ZSJL canon hasn't been forgotten at this point. Both Shazam! and Aquaman follow on from JL. I can't think of any cannon breaking scenarios occuring in either the Whedon or Snyder films in relation to the first Shazam or Aquaman films.
There are a few little things, like Mera talking underwater like dolphins and more generally Atlanteans needing air to talk to each other properly like us. But it's just a few things like that, nothing big.

I really hope the abomination that is the Josstice League is completely erased from existence.

Top Bottom