• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda : A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL confirmed for NA (Nov. 22nd)

tinantlu

Yeah, Best Buy charged me as soon as I pre-ordered as well, I'll have to keep my eye on what happens there

It did not seem to put the money back into my account, so who knows if they are just gonna keep it or put it back at some point?

NolbertoS

Yeah, Best Buy charged me as soon as I pre-ordered as well, I'll have to keep my eye on what happens there

It did not seem to put the money back into my account, so who knows if they are just gonna keep it or put it back at some point?

Best But hasn't charged me. But they do the funds thing where there check anf reimburse u back to make sure you have funds upon release. I like dealing with amazon for all my gaming needs for that reason. They don'y charge me immediately like BB or GS. And they won't cancel my order my GS, because the address doesn't match because of a comma or some bullshit like that. Hope Amazon puts BB and GS outta gamung business someday

RagnarokX

Best But hasn't charged me. But they do the funds thing where there check anf reimburse u back to make sure you have funds upon release. I like dealing with amazon for all my gaming needs for that reason. They don'y charge me immediately like BB or GS. And they won't cancel my order my GS, because the address doesn't match because of a comma or some bullshit like that. Hope Amazon puts BB and GS outta gamung business someday

When I preordered my Wii U at Best Buy they held up the funds by repeatedly checking the funds every other day for several months. The charges didn't go through until launch, they just kept doing pending transactions and then cancelling them.

spookyfish

When I preordered my Wii U at Best Buy they held up the funds by repeatedly checking the funds every other day for several months. The charges didn't go through until launch, they just kept doing pending transactions and then cancelling them.

Yeah. If I didn't have a Best Buy card I wouldn't have preordered from there. I've canceled game preorders from them because it was apparent they were going to keep holding pending charges.

JakeD

so guys, if the xbone is also releasing on the 22nd, and gamestop will be open at midnight, what are the odds of us being able to pick up our XLs then? not sure i'd want to brave the crowd, but still

bumpkin

so guys, if the xbone is also releasing on the 22nd, and gamestop will be open at midnight, what are the odds of us being able to pick up our XLs then? not sure i'd want to brave the crowd, but still
I think you might get lynched.

...but that's just because they'll all be jealous of you having a game far superior to all of the XB1's launch lineup to play when you get home. While they're all waiting for the day one update to download, you'll be immersed in the land(s) of Hyrule and Lorule! :D

I am really, really tempted to get one of these. I sold my OG 3DS to get a red XL, but every time I see someone with the Zelda 3DS, I'm instantly jealous. Same goes for the GBA SP. Do we know for sure if these will be pretty much impossible to find after Christmas or will they linger like the other special edition XLs have?

Sulik2

So I have mine pre-ordered, should I use this thing or keep it on the shelf? I really want a 3DS, but I don't really care if its an XL or a 2DS. Do we think value will go up on it?

So I have mine pre-ordered, should I use this thing or keep it on the shelf? I really want a 3DS, but I don't really care if its an XL or a 2DS. Do we think value will go up on it?

The value will absolutely go up on it. Just look at the Skyward Sword or Hyrule Historia LEs. Or the Link Figma. Zelda collectors have no problem buying second had at a high price.

... Crap, I totally forgot about that being a potential obstacle. Hopefully there are Xbone-only lines at the Best Buy I'll be going to so I can get my 3DS XL without a fusPFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAH, that's not gonna happen. ._.

Clefargle

I'm sure if I politely explain to the line of tired and hungry XBone fans that I'm not cutting in line because I'm not buying an XBone they will understand. Right...Guys?

Right?

I dunno if this is the right place for this or not but I picked up a used 3DS XL with 4 games on it. The memory is almost full though.

I would like to purchase the digital version of Zelda LBW whenever its available. But I dont wanna delete anything of the current memory card.

So if I buy a new bigger memory card and slot that in, can I just go to the store and redownload all the current games that are on my 3DS??

Edit: I meant the the new Zelda, not LTTP. LOL.

teeg

I dunno if this is the right place for this or not but I picked up a used 3DS XL with 4 games on it. The memory is almost full though.

I would like to purchase the digital version of Zelda LBW whenever its available. But I dont wanna delete anything of the current memory card.

So if I buy a new bigger memory card and slot that in, can I just go to the store and redownload all the current games that are on my 3DS??

Edit: I meant the the new Zelda, not LTTP. LOL.

Basically the process is buy a bigger SD card. Copy the data using a PC from the smaller card to the bigger card. Insert bigger SD into 3DS, and carry on.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...menu=ctr-ht-settings-transfer-data-between-sd

qko

Download code is so much better than pre install. Pop that measly 4GB SD card and pop in a 64GB card ASAP!

Caliginous

Neo Member
Sort of surprised how pre orders are still up in most places. Seems like a lot of these will be around until thanksgiving.

Sort of surprised how pre orders are still up in most places. Seems like a lot of these will be around until thanksgiving.

Judging by the online listing, all but one of the Best Buys in NYC are out of their allotment for in-store pickup. This is just one city though, of course.

I never got a golden Zelda-branded Nintendo hardware before (I had the NY Pokémon Center GBA from long ago), and this one has the first portable Zelda in a long time so I'm very excited.

Artorias

Banned
Special XL's usually sell out closer to release if not on release week.

Seeing as there is already a BF ad with this in it, it definitely won't be as limited as the last 2 XLs.

Edit: I forgot about the lazy X/Y ones, I meant the Pikachu/AC ones as they were actually fairly limited.

SegaShack

Is anyone else switching from Pikachu XL to this? I can't be the only one? I loved the PIkachu one but am more of a Zelda fan than Pokemon and this XL looks fantastic. It's cool knowing I'll be able to go from a used system to a new system + game and make profit on top of that. PIkachu XL is going for 300ish used right now.

I'd probably be getting this if it weren't for the three-pronged attack of the PS4 launch and SM3DW and ALBW the same month. I'd been holding out for a special edition XL that I actually liked and this is the first.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I'm so torn between this and the Red/Black 3DS. I love the outside but hate the Gold inside. On the other hand my GBASP was red so it would be a nice throwback. DECISIONS DECISIONS

DonMigs85

Question, is the gold most likely just paint and not the actual color of the plastic? My fear is that it'll fade or chip away over time.

SuperSah

Banned
The inside of this is the ugliest thing ever.

That gold is nasty. It should of been black inside with gold accented buttons and circle pad.

The outer gold looks lovely though.

Top Bottom