• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda : A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL confirmed for NA (Nov. 22nd)

yep.

"I want to let the experience roll around in my brain for a while before I decide where it ranks among the best entries in the franchise, but I can say with confidence that it should be spoken in the same breath as A Link to the Past. In every way, A Link Between Worlds is exactly what you want out of a Zelda game."

Aonuma has proven himself, again.

Cant wait to see how Zelda U turns out.

LQX

It is still not sold out on Best Buy. Thinking hard about cancelling my pre-order. I don't think it will be limited and can probably get a deal come black Friday.

vgamer1

It is still not sold out on Best Buy. Thinking hard about cancelling my pre-order. I don't think it will be limited and can probably get a deal come black Friday.

You have 15 days to return, or if they offer a lower price -- to price match. Don't cancel.

OmegaFax

I've seen a few posts showing Walmart already stocking these on store shelves. Has anyone successfully been able to buy one or are they locked at the register?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Gonna keep my GS preorder just in case but will head to BB first thing after work on Friday to get a PM for the bundle and if I can pick it up there I'll cancel my GS preoder.

Skelter

Banned
Two more days and I pick mine up at Nintendo World! Who else is going to the launch? Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds means I should get there early...

Any chance GS will ship these out prior to release? It'll kinda suck having to wait to get my XL :(

Just got off of the phone with their "customer service" They will not be shipping before Friday. I had been trying to cancel my order from them since last Saturday. Not an easy process. If they hadn't been such a PITA I would have just waited for it but I have a strict policy of not giving my money to people that make my experience terrible.

Never again.

bumpkin

Just a heads up. Walmart will have the bundle for $200 on the release day. From the Slickdeals thread they say BestBuy will price match it on that day. I plan on calling as soon as it goes live.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6442400-walmart-will-sell-zelda-3ds-xl-bundle-at-200-fs-november-22-23?
Ugh, temptation! I really don't want to give Wally World any of my money, but that's a crazy good deal... I may have to see if I can snag one at that price. If not, no harm no foul.

Letep

Sorry - I managed to doubly fuck up - wrong thread and didn't spoiler tag. Last time I post from my phone on the train home...

It's cool, man. Thanks for acknowledging it.

Also, I wonder if Gamestop is receiving their shipments of these yet?

phanphare

Banned
so did anyone who ordered online from gamestop have theirs ship yet? I'm starting to get antsy haha. at least mario 3d world will hold me over until it gets to my house

edit: JUST GOT MY TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!

::turns caps lock off::

ok I'm better now

Adamator

Does anyone know if it would be possible to pick this up at a Best Buy that is having a midnight xbox launch? I have the system pre-ordered.

phanphare

Banned
Does anyone know if it would be possible to pick this up at a Best Buy that is having a midnight xbox launch? I have the system pre-ordered.

I would give them a call but I would imagine that it wouldn't be a problem. they should have them in and ready to go by. I know gamestop and wal mart will be selling ALBW and Mario 3D World at midnight fwiw

dysonEA

so did anyone who ordered online from gamestop have theirs ship yet? I'm starting to get antsy haha. at least mario 3d world will hold me over until it gets to my house

edit: JUST GOT MY TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!

::turns caps lock off::

ok I'm better now

Mine shipped this morning .... from the east coast. Being on the west coast I doubt it'll be here by friday :(

Really wish Amazon and Nintendo would sort their shit out. Being unable to purchase the majority if Nintendo products through Amazon is incredibly irritating.

JakeD

got a text from GS saying mine will be ready tomorrow morning. i will definitely be trying walmart first though.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I wonder how rare these are gonna be? I saw a NIB Pikachu 3DS sell for $400 on eBay last month.

Sulik2

I am still torn as to whether to use my pre-ordered Zelda XL or keep it on a shelf to resell. Its such a sharp looking system.

Has anyone else tried to price match the Wal mart deal at Best Buy? How did you go about it?

A couple of days ago, I called bestbuy and told them about the ad, took a while for the rep to actually find the ad on walmart.com. Then I had to cancel my order and re order it and then got it price matched.

bumpkin

I'd just print the wal mart ad out and bring it with you
I'd say it's likely to be a YMMV thing though. Every time I have tried to get something price matched at my local Best Buy, they always tried to call the competing store to find out of it was in-stock; they'd only match if the store had any. I've heard others say they didn't do that to them, so I don't know, maybe I'm just unlucky.

If I knew for sure I could get it in-store at that price, I'd go for a match at Best Buy. My problem is my local Walmart opens at 6am while the Best Buy doesn't open 'til 10am. If I wait and WM sells out, I might be shit out of luck.

God, I hate giving WM money. :(

bumpkin

Dammit, I'm weak... I went to Walmart this morning right after they opened and bought one; I couldn't pass up the $199 sale price. I got there ten minutes after they opened at 6am, and it seriously took them over an hour to actually find the consoles. With them doing Black Friday prep and getting loaded with stock, I guess the palette they were on got shifted around. They finally turned up when the dept. manager came in (at 7am) and tracked them down.

It was worth it. Can't wait to crack this puppy open later when I get home from work!

JakeD

Dammit, I'm weak... I went to Walmart this morning right after they opened and bought one; I couldn't pass up the $199 sale price. I got there ten minutes after they opened at 6am, and it seriously took them over an hour to actually find the consoles. With them doing Black Friday prep and getting loaded with stock, I guess the palette they were on got shifted around. They finally turned up when the dept. manager came in (at 7am) and tracked them down.

It was worth it. Can't wait to crack this puppy open later when I get home from work!

did you notice how many they had? i can't get to walmart til 7pm or so. hoping to save $20 and get a refund on my GS preorder

bumpkin

did you notice how many they had? i can't get to walmart til 7pm or so. hoping to save $20 and get a refund on my GS preorder
They didn't say how many they got total, but mine came out of a fresh box of four. So I'd say stores that are carrying it have at least four. I know that's probably not very reassuring though... Know anyone who could go and snag one for you? I imagine they could go fast. Them being slow to put them out on the shelves will only buy you so much time.

Jhoan

Still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation on mines. Does price matching apply to online as well or is it B&M only? Either way, I would gladly drop my pre-order to get some money back in the pocket.

chidrock

Any impressions yet? I am at work and haven't picked it up yet. I have the Zelda DS and the gold doesn't bother me, but I'm wondering if it will have an effect on looking at the 3DS screen.

Posting this here too.

CB7pksM.jpg

Quick gold XL impressions. Same old shit inside the package except for the Zelda LBW code. The gold Xl seems to have a new hinge from the older XLs. The hinge on this one doesn't make that clicking sound when it snaps into position like the older models do. This one is really quiet, almost like it's padded with rubber or something. Also, this hinge is not wobbly like the others. This one is quite sturdy and barely moves back and forth at all when you nudge it. Maybe Nintendo finally got sick of getting systems sent to them because of "wobbly hinges", which were supposed to be like that.

Top Bottom