• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda for Wii U reveal @ Nintendo Treehouse: Live by Reggie, June 14 6PMCEST

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is the latest footage we got:
l396JcdSOXnPVLpUk.gif

Missing 2016 at the end.

Man, that world... I know you can see Mount Doom from afar in previous Zelda games, but the size of it and how it looks so organically connected is just... man, that's nice.

Okay this thread was enough to restore my hype. I can put NX behind me for a bit and focus on the game series I adore. Hope it's a good event.

I wonder if the WiiU and NX versions will play much differently.

RagnarokX

AGITΩ;202699637 said:
My guess is that this Game predates Skyward Sword in the Timeline. As in the Desert Region with the Time shift stones you'd see a Glimpse of the Desert in the past which was a more technologically advanced kingdom than anything seen before. Given the Nature of Link's new Bow and Arrow, and this technologically leading Sheikah symbol. Perhaps the Sheikah, in their prime, were actually a group of cyber ninjas. That fought using Beam sabers and laser disks.

I don't think it's set in that past. All of the technology we've seen looks ancient. The giant robot gohma was covered in moss and stuff and Link's arrows look somewhat like they are made from salvage. The world itself looks medieval/feudal. We've seen farmers in simple villages and artwork showing Hyrule Castle off in the distance, as small as it is, looks like a standard castle.

The layout of the map is pretty much identical to OoT. You can make out all of the locations in OoT in the same places they were in OoT.

There is a bridge crossing Lake Hylia which is like Twilight Princess, which is set after OoT. The game also uses the Wolf Link amiibo in a special way.

Another clue as to the potential placement of this game is that it's very likely that the Happy Mask Salesman will play a role in it. When Majora's Mask 3D was released, the Happy Mask Salesman hosted an AMA on Miiverse and one of his comments was that he might appear in a future game and that he has new masks to share. This would tie in perfectly with amiibo functionality.

Ancient technology has popped up a lot in past games set after Skyward Sword. Wind Waker's Tower of the Gods and Twilight Princess' Temple of Time were rife with advanced technology and robots. A lot of stuff associated with the goddesses/gods is technological. The oocca in TP had a whole floating city and were responsible for a lot of the technology seen there.

If I had to guess I would say it's somewhere around OoT.

Firemind

You know what?

The futuristic dungeons were some of the worst parts of the game.

Tower of the Gods
Temple of Time
Lanayru Mining Facility

It'd do the game well if it didn't go full ancient robot civilization.

Lanayru is one of the best dungeons in the series.

Actually most of Skyward Sword's dungeons were, IMO. But that one had an amazing aesthetic, colors, and puzzles. Just superb game design.

eXistor

On the one hand I'm excited to finally see what the game is gonna be like, Zelda is by far the best series in gaming imo, but on the other hand I don't really want to be spoiled too much a year in advance. I don't really do this for games anymore, but back in the day I'd pour over every little detail of games I was excited for and in the end it ended hurting my own experience with them because the surprise was gone.

Normally I'd just ignore any media coverage of the game, but this is Zelda, the one series I can still get stupid excited for and I don't think I can keep myself from ignoring this coverage.

Malus

I see Aonuma is continuing the trend that the myths and legends surrounding the beginnings of Hyrule is likely connected to some extremely highly advanced civilization. At this point, I fully expect the Three Goddesses to be some Ancient Aliens thing.

Edit:

tumblr_mba4h7jz5O1r8owano1_500.gif

Oh yeah, it's highly likely connected to the advanced ancient civilization that existed pre-Skyward Sword.

oh damnnnn

Oh yeah, it's highly likely connected to the advanced ancient civilization that existed pre-Skyward Sword.

Gamexplain mentioned that idea last year and I think it makes a ton of sense. Plus Skyward Sword is the most recently Zelda, so makes sense to build on its ideas and concepts

Totally onboard for the HMS returning too

Linkyn

After all this time, I should be a lot more excited about seeing the game in action, but I feel that I saw way too much of TP before it came out, and found SS to be a great deal more enjoyable having seen close to nothing of it prior to launch. All I really need is something like a gameplay trailer. I'm probably going to have to stay away from the stream.

bomblord1

Banned
I mean I'm super hyped for Zelda but still sad there's nothing else going to be shown.

What are they doing with the rest of that floor space recreating Hyrule?

Frodo

Lanayru is one of the best dungeons in the series.

Actually most of Skyward Sword's dungeons were, IMO. But that one had an amazing aesthetic, colors, and puzzles. Just superb game design.

I would love for the time shift mechanics to make a come back. Those were SOOOOOOOOOOO satisfying to play.

I hope they work long and hard on their boss designs. Skyward sword was whack yo. In the bad way.

Koloktos and Demise were good. The rest ranged from okay to not so great. Like wtf was Tentalus lol

I would love for the time shift mechanics to make a come back. Those were SOOOOOOOOOOO satisfying to play.

Yep. That entire section was great for me, not just the dungeon but seeing the environmental shifts. It was awesome.

Frodo

Koloktos and Demise were good. The rest ranged from okay to not so great. Like wtf was Tentalus lol

Yep. That entire section was great for me, not just the dungeon but seeing the environmental shifts. It was awesome.

Thinking about it, it makes me want to want a HD remaster. :~~~~

Thinking about it, it makes me want to want a HD remaster. :~~~~

I need an HD remaster. If they don't it would be a huge bummer. I like Skyward more than Twilight Princess and especially Wind Waker; I'm glad we got those, but Skyward would easily look the best at an HD resolution. The SD version doesn't do the art too much justice.

Malus

I really liked the duels with Ghirahim, especially the later ones. The rest were pretty typical Zelda bosses, yeah.

javadoze

Now that my expectations have recalibrated, I'm now pretty excited to finally see what this new Zelda's all about.

Seeing how I know what to expect from Nintendo's E3 showing this time around, can't say it can be any worse than their E3 2015 (as much as I loved the Nintendo World Championship, the muppets, and Super Mario Maker's rereveal).

I'll happily watch the trailer that reveals the subtitle name, then I'm on blackout. For a year. *sobs*

My biggest fear for E3 : Zelda U has no subtitle, there will be no story trailer just Reggie riding through grass fields. Thats the only way they could disappoint me.

Top Bottom