• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda is a good series. But I have some suggestions to make it even better.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

source

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

source

Origin of the Art of Trolling?

Link needs to be more witty and hardboiled and he should have access to gunplay and stealth combat. Zelda needs to be a playable sympathetic female partner. With a more mature, open-world setting like Dark Souls and full voice acting the game is sure to sell gangbusters.

Tomohawk

responses in bold
Have not played Skyward Sword yet, so apologies if they implemented all this while I wasn't looking.

WrNtjxx.jpg

source: google

• You start off in a dungeon/temple/whatever. Like, as soon as you start, no tutorials or annoying people to talk to. As you finish the dungeon, you walk outside...into another dungeon.
    Throwing some one straight in to a dungeon may be cool, but i rather start outside and have the feeling of wonder of finding a dungeon like in zelda 1
  • The entire world is a gigantic outside dungeon consisting of smaller inside dungeons. All the towns have been destroyed. It's also Metroidvanish. How about that.
    metroid is kind of like a 2d zelda so I'm not sure what you mean. Also the gigantic world with smaller dungeons could be cool, but to properly implement is extremely difficult. The closest I think a game has come to such thing is maybe darksouls.
  • There are no side quests ever because side quests are a waste of time.
    Sidequests are meant for world building and in games like majoras mask and links awakening elevated the games to new heights no side quests is a terrible idea.[/B]
    [*]Every character has full voice acting. In the beginning Link does as well, voiced by Troy Baker, but his voice gets stolen by the villain and he spends the rest of the game communicating in a series of honks.
    I rather just keep Link the silent protagonist and have him as the avatar you enjoy the world through.
    [*]You can replay all dungeons via level select and can upload your fastest speed runs to an online leaderboard.
    Could be cool, kind of like a boss rush mode. Will probably be boring if you already now puzzles.
    The rest are terrible, except parkour was kind of done in skyward sword.
    [*]Whenever Zelda's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Zelda"?
    [*]Link should be able to jump. In fact, he should be able to wall run and do other parkour stuff. This will improve puzzle complexity by up to at least 52%.
    [*]Ganon(dorf?) has retired from evil. The main villain is now Ganon's teenage son, Eric.
    [*]As well as the standard horse, you now have access to a dolphin pal, called Dolpha. You can travel underwater with him, and shoot arrows at gerudo sharks. There's an emotional scene later on where you have to choose between Dolpha and your horse.
I feel this will enhance the Metacritic score by 1/7. Feel free to add any other suggestions.
Edit: I feel like I took this post to seriously.

genjiZERO

The dungeon within a dungeon thing sounds good. As does starting you off in a dungeon. Also, I abhor tutorials. Link did jump in Zelda 2, and honestly I wouldn't mind another in that style. Everything else sounds terrible.

shisno626

Neo Member
I actually like the idea of having the aesthetic of an all dungeon Zelda game. You could do some cool stuff story wise.

Every character has full voice acting. In the beginning Link does as well, voiced by Troy Baker, but his voice gets stolen by the villain and he spends the rest of the game communicating in a series of honks.

this is amazing.

Tomohawk

source

But whether the glass is full or not is based on your perspective quite simply. You know what i'm saying and i'm not.

Ferrio

Banned
In every dungeon your tutorial guide gets brutally killed and you have to recruit a new one but only after you've arranged the funeral.

Sadist

Should have added a bare minimum of three sidekicks for Link who travel with him all the time.

HEY LISTEN

NO LISTEN TO ME

... p-p-please.. if I may... guys... I'm still here

Tomohawk

In every dungeon your tutorial guide gets brutally killed and you have to recruit a new one but only after you've arranged the funeral.

They should have David cage as the writer, that way in the end it'll turn out you were killing the tutorial guide the whole time.

Okay, there are at least two Simpsons' references, Poochie and the stolen movie script. Are there any others I'm missing?

Fantastic thread btw.

here's another idea

There should be a real love story between Zelda and Link, with Link being all wanting to be with Zelda, and Zelda being all tsundere. Oh and we need a new moe sidekick

How about a yandere Malon/Saria/Ingo?

Insaniac

here's another idea

There should be a real love story between Zelda and Link, with Link being all wanting to be with Zelda, and Zelda being all tsundere. Oh and we need a new moe sidekick

• You start off in a dungeon/temple/whatever. Like, as soon as you start, no tutorials or annoying people to talk to. As you finish the dungeon, you walk outside...into another dungeon.

I feel like you were trolling, but I do hope they do what is bolded above.

BouncyFrag

Love the bit about Link's voice being stolen to be replaced by a series of honks. Hardcore fans breathe a sigh of relief when this happens along with stowing away their torches and pitchforks.
;)

Orayn

• The entire world is a gigantic outside dungeon consisting of smaller inside dungeons. All the towns have been destroyed. It's also Metroidvanish. How about that.
  • Link should be able to jump. In fact, he should be able to wall run and do other parkour stuff. This will improve puzzle complexity by up to at least 52%.

I am unironically on board with these ideas, epecially the second. Sounds like a very cool fusion of the world design of Dark Souls, Skyward Sword, and ALttP/ALBW/LA.

Top Bottom