• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Twilight Princess Release Date on Amazon

Sullichin

Searched, didn't see this:

Saturday, July 16, 2005 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has been given a release date on Amazon.com. November 14th, 2005 is the date to mark on your calendar. While this news cannot be confirmed, it hardly seems like an arbitrary placeholder date. Also worth noting is that Amazon.co.uk has given the game a release date of November 25, 2005 for Europe. Such a close launch for a high profile game hasn't happened in quite some time. In the past, Nintendo representatives have alluded to a simultaneous world-wide release for their holiday hit, and so, the similarities are reassuring as to the validity of these dates.
http://www.nintelligent.net/news2776.php

I checked EBGames earlier in the day, they have it listed for November 1st. I'm sure it's somewhere around there, I don't think there's a definite date yet though.

Ironclad

Placeholder date most likely, but I am willing to bet that they will release it in November. Not sure when in November however.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Zelda (prior to Wind Waker) had a habit of coming out the week of Thanksgiving and I expect Twilight to do the same.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man that's a long freakin time to wait still. I was hoping this was coming out in September and was thinking that they would release another bundle with both Zeldas in November.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ninja Scooter said:
1st or 14th usually=placeholder.
No, placeholder dates would be the 1st, 15th, or 30th/31st. This date actually seems to be a legit one, because it falls on a Monday, which is the day Nintendo always releases their games.

Dalamar86

G4 was sitting on today and they had an edited Zelda trailer playing during the commercials which I stopped to watch. Near the end a little tag poped up saying brought to you by EBGames and that the release was Nov 11th.

Can't imagine them knowing any more then anyone else, but I felt like chiming in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Doesn't Nintendo usually release big games the week of (or the week before) thanksgiving here in the US? This goes back to like OoT.

SantaC

I bet the localization teams are working their asses of. Getting it out in pal requires german, french and spanish translation also.

Johnas

Wellington said:
Doesn't Nintendo usually release big games the week of (or the week before) thanksgiving here in the US? This goes back to like OoT.

Yeah, they did that with Metroid Prime 2 last year. 17th or something like that.

Hey, it was a big game to me. :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ancestor_of_Erdrick said:
Yeah, they did that with Metroid Prime 2 last year. 17th or something like that.

Hey, it was a big game to me. :)

I was more excited for MP2 than I am for Zelda. :p

They released MP2 on the same day as Half-Life 2 and MGS3, actually (well, perhaps one day earlier).

AirBrian

Two options:

1) November 17/18th (like GC, MP, MK:DD, MP2)

2) Whatever day X360 launches (like MM did on PS2's release)

Johnas

dark10x said:
I was more excited for MP2 than I am for Zelda. :p

They released MP2 on the same day as Half-Life 2 and MGS3, actually (well, perhaps one day earlier).

I can honestly say I was more excited for MP2 than any other game ever. I really wasn't disappointed in it either (although it isn't the best game evar).

You are correct, it did release one day earlier; I contemplated whether I wanted to make the half-hour drive to the game store two days in a row, and I ended up doing that, I just didn't want to wait one more day for Metroid.

Top Bottom