• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: "we're preparing more than you could possibly ever, ever, ever expect..."

Don't think this is old, I did a search.

http://www.thehylia.com/news_1_23_06_2300.shtml

We don't have a screenshot, nor do we finally have any official artwork, but finally, somebody from Nintendo's development team confirmed Ganon is returning in full force in Twilight Princess. Nintendo Power Volume 201's interview with Yoshiyuki Oyama reveals that Ganondorf is back in Twilight Princess, and he is indeed Link's nemesis for the game. And he says we're going to get more of Ganon than we could ever hope for...

"Finally, no discussion of TP's enemies can end without mentioning Ganon. I know that everyone's wondering what's going on with Link's old nemesis. All I can say now is, we're preparing more than you could possibly ever, ever, ever expect..." That's the quote by Yoshiyuki Oyama that is going to get people all hyped up again. After months of pretty much nothing sense the remarks about a possible "unhappy" ending in Twilight Princess, Nintendo Power's interview finally discloses something new.

"And how will my monsters ensure that Twilight Princess is the greatest Zelda game ever? Wait and see. You won't be disappointed." Oyama sure is boasting, but with how much time he has had with this game, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes good on this claim. Additionally, Oyama states he feels enemies have been too easy in the past, and that they will be more challenging in Twilight Princess. He also assures us the bosses will be far more challenging than what we've seen before in Zelda games.

Oyama also mentions his thoughts on the Zelda series in comparison to other adventure RPGs as well as his input about the items used in Twilight Princess and what roles they will play. Unfortunately, we do not have any scans at the moment of this issue, but hopefully we will get them up as soon as possible.

My frothing demand increases.

Jonnyram

If they dare have that stupid "hit fireballs back with your sword" bullshit again, my disc is going out of the window.

Jonnyram said:
If they dare have that stupid "hit fireballs back with your sword" bullshit again, my disc is going out of the window.
That was fun, and easy as hell.
I bet I breeze through LOZTP.
Can Nintendo create a challenging game? We will see.

Socreges

Banned
Bah, fuck Ganon. I'm tired of Ganon. If they do it right and make the story unique, it will be awesome. I don't doubt that. But I'd like them to try something new. Not Majora's Mask new, but new.

Speevy said:
Well that's good to hear. One problem with Wind Waker was that the enemies were too easy.

The entire game was too easy.

Most people claim they go through the entire game without dying once.

I can personally attest to this fact.

Umm... Whats wrong with you people?

I'm linking to a new Zelda interview. I'm sorry if its not what you wanted to see.
Don't kill the mother fucking messenger.

Socreges said:
Bah, fuck Ganon. I'm tired of Ganon. If they do it right and make the story unique, it will be awesome. I don't doubt that. But I'd like them to try something new. Not Majora's Mask new, but new.

No.

Majora's Mask new...

Majora's Mask >>> OoT

ziran

nintendo's drawing out of this game is too much! and to say:
we're preparing more than you could possibly ever, ever, ever expect...
is pretty much mind blowing!

i need twilight princess asap :)

*goes to watch e3 05 roundtable footage, again.

Speevy

Banned
You'll "drown" a few times though, just by exploring.

I think Wind Waker Link either can't swim or is allergic to water.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
oh so now the enemies will be cheap as fuck...

I wouldn't have died either if I hadn't messed with the black boar just after capturing it, and treating Ganon like a Fighter opponent on instinct, (step his combo, place Master Sword A in Back B...nope. It'd go right thru him and he'd whip around and pop me. Bad gameplay him not even parrying like he does from the front).

Andy787

Banned
AniHawk said:
Read it again, spanky.
Well, shit, everyone knows we only read the bold here at GAF. Spanky.

And of all things to bold, why that one sentence? I don't know about others, but I personally think the difficulty of the Zelda titles perfectly suits them. Zelda isn't Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden, nor should it be.

Socreges

Banned
The last boss in MM was lame by series standards and the 'adventuring' often had a disconnect from any constant backbone. The desperation that the moon created salvaged a whole lot, though. I loved that element.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It's possible that this game could single handedly absolve Nintendo of all the dumb shit they've done this gen.

Brannon

It's not an exaggeration when people say they died on purpose to see the Game Over screen. The hardest enemy in the game is the goddamned pig.

Andy787 said:
Well, shit, everyone knows we only read the bold here at GAF. Spanky.

And of all things to bold, why that one sentence?

Could it be because the game's difficulty is of primary concern to the general GAF public?

Oblivion

Socreges said:

Zelda without Ganon is like Mario without Bowser. Some things shouldn't be tampered with!

Xellotah

Blackace said:
oh so now the enemies will be cheap as fuck...

QFT..

If they had made WW enemies harder, then it would have been even more tedious than it was at times.

Its not the enemies that need to be harder, its the general level design that needs to be improved.

Amir0x

Banned
nah, I'd definitely say the overall challenge level needs to be ratcheted WAY up. There was never any feeling of accomplishment because everything was too easy. That's no fun :\

DyersEve

Its not the enemies were easy itsj ust they didnt do enought damage, there was no sense of omg im going to die in the game.

Oblivion

AniHawk said:
Three of the best Zelda games have been Ganonless (LA, MM, and TMC).

I'll give you MM, but that's about it. LttP and OoT shit all over everything else, though.

AniHawk

Oblivion said:
I'll give you MM, but that's about it. LttP and OoT shit all over everything else, though.

I didn't say THE three top Zelda games...

ALttP has got to be the most overrated
2D
game of all time.

Xellotah said:
QFT..

If they had made WW enemies harder, then it would have been even more tedious than it was at times.

Its not the enemies that need to be harder, its the general level design that needs to be improved.

Was Ocarina more tedious than Wind Waker because the enemies were harder? No.

Therefore,
Your argument=pretty lame

methodman

Banned
DyersEve said:
Its not the enemies were easy itsj ust they didnt do enought damage, there was no sense of omg im going to die in the game.

yeah, i got hit sometimes, but getting a quarter of a heart taken off when you have 15/20 fucking hearts is nothing; And they gave you hearts in like every other pot.

Oblivion

AniHawk said:
I didn't say THE three top Zelda games...

ALttP has got to be the most overrated
2D
game of all time.

Well, from the way you worded it, it sounded like it. :p

But tis okay, I forgive ye.

AniHawk

krypt0nian said:
Say YES to harder Zelda gameplay!!!

:D :D :D

Harder gameplay doesn't mean more fun.

It needed to be a bit more challenging than TWW's, but I don't want to struggle from room to room. OoT and MM had the difficulty down pretty good. The combat and puzzles have grown stale though.

AniHawk said:
Harder gameplay doesn't mean more fun.

It needed to be a bit more challenging than TWW's, but I don't want to struggle from room to room. OoT and MM had the difficulty down pretty good. The combat and puzzles have grown stale though.

I never died once in WW. :|

This goes way way beyond not fun...its not challenging. I would like to actually have to pay attention to the bad guys.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They need to get Itagaki on this game and ramp up the difficulty. And get rid of the overworld. Make the entire game all action. Then I will buy it. And see Nfans crying on GAF.

Oblivion

Wario64 said:
They need to get Itagaki on this game and ramp up the difficulty. And get rid of the overworld. Make the entire game all action. Then I will buy it. And see Nfans crying on GAF.

Seeing Solid Snake in a pink dress would be better, though.

AniHawk

krypt0nian said:
I never died once in WW. :|

This goes way way beyond not fun...its not challenging.

I think TWW had some good puzzles (which is where I'd prefer to be challenged, rather than combat). Again, I think OoT and MM had the perfect blend.

AniHawk said:
I think TWW had some good puzzles (which is where I'd prefer to be challenged, rather than combat). Again, I think OoT and MM had the perfect blend.

Puzzles are a Zelda staple. They aren't going anywhere. Overall I highly enjoyed WW. the storyline/chara design appealed to me. But it lacked in challenge.

Top Bottom