• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOE 3 for PS3?

Owzers

"It contains...

- The world exclusive first review of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on PS2
- Brand new Canis Canem Edit, Devil May Cry 4 and Tony Hawk's Project 8 info and screens
- Reviews of Just Cause, Reservoir Dogs, Kingdom Hearts 2, Ridge Racer 2 and FIFA 07
- A picture of Dave cuddling a Dalek
- Everything you need to know about the PS3 delay and who's to blame
- The history of the Tony Hawk's series
- Ten of the most memorable moments in Metal Gear Solid 3
- How to play as Mickey Mouse in Kingdom Hearts 2
- Our top eight readers for this month and, as ever, your letters
- A picture of me dressed as Kratos from God of War

And... MUCH MORE! So get your copy now and let us know what you think."

That's what it says right under the magazine cover when you go to the linked homesite. It would be weird if ZOE3 exclusive story didn't even get a bullet point...

Logan Cano said:
Anyone notice that before ZOE 3, there´s an "edit: " before it?? I bet it´s just some sort of wishlist for ZOE 3.

Canis Canem Edit is actually the name for PAL Bully.

but it's probably still just a wishlist.

_dementia said:
Canis Canem Edit is actually the name for PAL Bully.

but it's probably still just a wishlist.

Oh...sorry, my bad. :p

I thought it meant "editorial" or something like that. I still don´t believe it, though.:)

Well, hopefully we don't have to wait long to see if the Mag is real. I know it's one of Kojima's pet projects and the only reason the second one got released is because he wanted to make it. Unfortunately, the second one sold much worse than the first (no MGS 2 demo hurt). But, from every interview I've seen, it's clear he wants to make #3.

disappeared said:
Since when has it been wrong to be hopeful for a sequel to a good franchise?

Nothing, ZOE2 is one of my favorite games of this gen and one of my favorite action games ever. But it didn't sell well, and considering the budget it'd need for it to be a proper sequel i'm not sure they'd risk it.

Dahbomb

Konami should just give Kojima whatever budget he needs for ZOE3 since Kojima is the reason why Konami is even put in the same league as Jap. devs like Capcom. Without the MGS series Konami would be lower than Namco-Bandai is right now...

I have full confidence that ZOE3 will return solid sales.

icarus-daedelus said:
Aww, come on guys. I'm sure Hideo has SOME kind of sway considering he, y'know, founded one of the most popular and respected franchises in the industry. I mean if he can get three ****ing Boktai games greenlit then he can get ZOE 3 greenlit. :p

Don't give up hope!

That's exactly it. It's almost certainly coming, but definitely not until after MGS4's done.

Doctor_No

Dragona Akehi said:
This mag reliable? :p

It's one of the Future Publishing magazines. . .

Same company that did CVG, now-defunct Daily Radar, Next-Generation, etc.

The magazine itself is brand-new (affilated with UK Playstaion magazine), the August issue will be their first, they may want some "exclusive" story or sensationalist headline on their cover to get the readers in for their first issue.

http://www.gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=9031

vissione said:
YES!!!!!! PLEASE BE TRUE. I'M FOAMING AT THE MOUTH HERE!

Sony prophet where are thee? Please bestow upon us your wisdom and grace us with information of this holy game.
Same.

I absolutely love both ZOE games and want one on PS3.:)

jiggle

Zone of Enders

zoe2_0521_2.jpg

anubis_0925_4.jpg

SolidSnakex said:
People should really stop getting their hopes up for a new ZOE. :/

I know. I really want a ZOE3 too, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon. Kojima-san has his team slaving away at MGS4 and after that probably going to move on to other projects. We're still in the beginning of the "next-generation" of consoles. Who knows what might happen in the years to come. We can't be getting all the good stuff so soon.

EviLore said:

Yep, ZOE2 is an eyegasm of a game. The visual style still helps the graphics retains itself in light of all the next gen hotness. Still one of the most beautiful games ever!

Hell just give me some added AA and nice upscaling with PS3, and that's all it takes to kick more ass visually.

Avalon

Mark Gonzales said:
What the hell is ZOE

What all those Gundam/Mech games on the PS2 should have been (minus Zeonic Front). :D

It's a really great action game. Beautiful visuals, challenging gameplay and some great story. I found a copy at my local Ebgames (first time I had ever seen it there) a few days ago, I really enjoyed the first three missions.

Unfortunately, I got VP2 right now and I can't finish it.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
This is what I'm betting, literally the text of the article:

MGS FATHER HIDEO KOJIMA laughed a bit when asked about the possibility of ZOE3 on PS3. "I don't know if Konami will let me spend the money!" Kojima joked. Still, we couldn't help but wonder whether or not the game design guru was hiding something...

Note: that is not literal text, it's just EGM-style rumortons.
I swear to God I'll steal a nuke and use it on their headquarters if this is all it turns out to be. This isn't something you **** with.:(

Dahbomb

Mark Gonzales said:
What the hell is ZOE
The single best mecha action game ever made. Period.

Most likely the fastest action game made on the PS2 as well, and one of the best looking by far. This game is just ****ING GOOD!!!

Dahbomb

icarus-daedelus said:
That's ZOE 2, Dahbomb. :D ZOE 1 stinks, remember?
Yes indeed, but whenever I praise ZOE I am only talking about ZOE2. It's just one of those understood things, like when you praise DMC you skip over DMC2 and when you praise POP you skip over WW. :)

Holtz

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Yep, ZOE2 is an eyegasm of a game. The visual style still helps the graphics retains itself in light of all the next gen hotness. Still one of the most beautiful games ever!

Hell just give me some added AA and nice upscaling with PS3, and that's all it takes to kick more ass visually.
Agreed, beautiful and fantastic game. I played it last month for the first time, actually, so it's still fresh in my mind. ZOE3 though, if it ever happens, will be a long while. :(
2.jpg

Bezz

Banned
I NEED a ZOE 3 on the Playstation 3! I need it as much as I need my heart...heck I would suck a Wii for ZOE3...it is that bad :(

Dahbomb

Oldschoolgamer said:
I actually found Zone of the enders 2 at my local Ebgames. It was like 40...

I didn't have the monies at the time :(
I said "WOW" at someone missing out on the oppurtunity to play ZOE2... :(

KGKK

Banned
If anything, it will probably come out after MGS4 using MGS4's engine and assets just like ZOE2 did with MGS2. However I do wonder if they will bring back Jehuty and Anubis. Anubis was like the best designed mech, so powerful.

I just don't understand why it did so horribly in Japan. The first one wasn't terrible, it was just meh. But the sequel was one of the best action games last gen and it had giant flying robots

WTF Japan?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, BudokaiMR2 must be going ****ing apeshit right now.

As am I. And I`m at work. Please be true.

Rookies1stDay said:
I just don't understand why it did so horribly in Japan. The first one wasn't terrible, it was just meh. But the sequel was one of the best action games last gen and it had giant flying robots

WTF Japan?

Sorry about that. :(

Mmmkay

Lies, damn lies, and cockteases!

In PSM3's monthly Top 5 'Thrill list' they have listed at number 5 'Zone of the Enders 3'.

In the text though, it says:
News just in ZOE is back on PS3. .... Koj will spill all next issue ...
I somehow doubt that's going to happen. Oh and apparently PSM3 says that Bioshock is coming to PS3...

There are also some pretty tragic photoshops of Kaz, Ken and the crew in the 'Who's to blame for the delay' article. Not to mention a 'This is Lying' photoshop at the back of the mag... seems PSM3 didn't take the news too well.

tjhooker

Banned
Absolute waste of £4.

The ZOE3 info is just a tiny paragraph.

They claim Bioshock is coming to PS3.

Also mention PES7 for PS3 in April.

DVD has a Singstar trailer on it - has that been released?

If not I'll upload it.

Top Bottom