• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombieland Discussion Thread (Dir. Fleischer; Harrelson, Eisenberg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
DanielPlainview said:
You will be satisfied :D

Can't wait!

I'm nervous for the movie... around here there's no hype at all, half my friends don't even know what it is. Hell GAF isn't even hyped for it.

Blader

The only thing that worries me about this movie is Eisenberg. Couldn't stand him in Adventureland and he looks pretty much the same in this one.

Meier

After finally seeing Adventureland recently, I am dying to see this. Loved Eisenberg in it and the trailer For this is awesome.

Blader5489 said:
The only thing that worries me about this movie is Eisenberg. Couldn't stand him in Adventureland and he looks pretty much the same in this one.

He isn't too different in this role. I loved him in his breakout role in Rodger Dodger and have enjoyed him in The Squid and Whale, The Education of Charlie Banks, and especially Adventureland. He is going to have a huge career after just being cast as the lead in David Fincher's The Social Network.

gdt

Wow, this movie looked too stupid and chessy even for me, but the great stuff in here have pushed me to see it.

And for the record, I like Eisenburg quite a bit. He was great in Adventureland (which I loved).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
gdt5016 said:
Wow, this movie looked too stupid and chessy even for me, but the great stuff in here have pushed me to see it.

And for the record, I like Eisenburg quite a bit. He was great in Adventureland (which I loved).

That's the appeal though:lol. I think zombie movies if done right can be a ton of fun. I think this looks to be one of the few that come along every now and then, that gets it right.

Meier

DanielPlainview said:
He isn't too different in this role. I loved him in his breakout role in Rodger Dodger and have enjoyed him in The Squid and Whale, The Education of Charlie Banks, and especially Adventureland. He is going to have a huge career after just being cast as the lead in David Fincher's The Social Network.
Holy crap, I haven't seen Roger Dodger since it came out... had no recollection that was him in it. I just remember loving Campbell Scott so much.

Meier said:
Holy crap, I haven't seen Roger Dodger since it came out... had no recollection that was him in it. I just remember loving Campbell Scott so much.

Yeah, really enjoyed that movie!

ZOMBIELAND is up to 10 reviews, still 100%

Ceres said:
Saw this tonight. Fantastic movie. The best part is definitely
Bill Murray
DON'T READ THIS SPOILER!

You should delete this dude, kinda ruins it before going in. Glad you liked it!

Saw two advanced screenings so far, and both times were equally great. It's seriously the funniest movie I've seen all year. Recommend it to everyone!

Raxus

So tell me.
Is the clown death really hilariously gory? I only saw up to the point he mallets his skull and black. Gore blue balls man.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
-Yeti said:
Saw two advanced screenings so far, and both times were equally great. It's seriously the funniest movie I've seen all year. Recommend it to everyone!

More hype! Going tomorrow night at midnight:D

Kccitystar

I managed to see a screening at NYC today as part of NY's Zombie Crawl which was awesome in itself. Many people came out in full zombie costume for free tickets to see the screening, so that was great.

The movie was just funny from the start and Harrelson's character is fucking hilarious from start to finish. The sub-plot in the movie was meh, but other than that, it has made me want to head to a Barnes and Noble and pick up the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

This movie was so fucking awesome. It's up there with Shaun of the Dead. Yeah, they run, but it's not like you're going to argue with a running zombie about whether or not it should be able to run. I love Woody!

Saw the movie earlier at a free screening.

Very, very funny movie. Enjoyed the hell out of it. However, is it better than Shaun of the Dead? Nope.... but that's only because SotD is the epitome of a good zombie comedy. On it's own, Zombieland holds up fairly well - but it isn't as smart as SotD was with the jokes/gags/etc.

corpserot

permutated said:
Had free tickets to see this, didn't care enough to go. :lol
Same. :(

I never thought I would be "over" the whole zombie thing, but with the release of a film called Zombieland, thats sort of were I am now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I held off tonight, just didn't have the time, but I'm catching tonight. The reviews are still way up there, and so far the impressions in here are great.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I just watched fucking 40 genre films in the last 8 days but yet I am still going to see this tomorrow. Jesus fucking christ.

Soul4ger said:
Bill. Fucking. Murray.

I love Bill Murray, so I'm definately gonna go see this tomorrow.

And for anyone looking for a great zombie/comedy check out Brain Dead. Its one of Peter Jackson's early movies and its fucking hilarious.

hermit7

For those that think it such a spoiler its listed on IMDB in the credits. Not quite sure its that massive of a spoiler if you know the actor is in it, yet don't know any details of his appearance.

On that note the movie looks fantastic, really excited for it.

sw33tclyde said:
I love Bill Murray, so I'm definately gonna go see this tomorrow.

And for anyone looking for a great zombie/comedy check out Brain Dead. Its one of Peter Jackson's early movies and its fucking hilarious.

That movie is a classic in my book, but in the US it's known as Dead Alive.
I think it still hold the record for goriest/bloodiest movie ever too.

PacoDG

I was not really on the fence about the flick, looked semi-amusing to meh... but now knowing Murray is in it.. has me on the fence at the least. Thanks for the info! (someone should edit the title of this thread and add "BILL MURRAY" in caps, there may be other fans of his unaware he is in it and may have had no interest in seeing the flick otherwise)

Edit: Says it is a cameo on Wiki, is this true ? :(

critch

Banned
One of the funniest damn movies I've ever seen. Never let up, just when you think it can't pack any more awesome...Bill Murray shows up.

I should mention that I live in Columbus, Ohio, which is a plot point.

JoeFu

Banned
Haha, I live in North Texas and when the dude mentioned Garland everybody started clapping and cheering.

critch

Banned
JoeFu said:
Haha, I live in North Texas and when the dude mentioned Garland everybody started clapping and cheering.

I saw it with a college crowd in Columbus. Place went INSANE when he said the name.

Useless anecdote, I thought there was going to be a riot when the New Moon trailer came on. Half the place went crazy, the other half started booing.

y2dvd

Wow what a huge spoiler and it's one of the best things about the movie...I'm seriously glad I didn't click this thread until after I saw the movie.

This movie is so fun and gory at the same time. I seriously lol'd at the funny scenes and cringed at the gory effects. It's crazy how they were able to balance the two. Would watch it again!

I have to see Shaun again to compare but it's at least up there.

I already knew it was gonna be a good night when everyone went berserk (good and bad) for the New Moon and one more thing. You know that 'Silence is Golden' piece they play before a movie starts and it has a baby crying, some chick talking, some laughter, phone ringing, etc? While the baby was crying, some dude screamed, "Hey, shut that baby up!" I lol for like 5 minutes. :lol

Soul4ger

charsace said:
There's a reason why he wasn't shown in the commercials or trailers.

He's fucking third on the IMDB listing, and I knew he was in it well before I went because I heard
people talking about this being the first work these two did together since Kingpin
. My bad! I honestly didn't realize it is/was a spoiler, and I REALLY like the actor. So I'm excited. I'm sorry to everyone I ruined it for, I really am!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I love how all the bad reviews take it way too seriously. It looks to me by the trailers and previews that it's pretty aware of how ridiculous it is. Can't wait to see this tonight:D :D

y2dvd said:
I already knew it was gonna be a good night when everyone went berserk (good and bad) for the New Moon and one more thing. You know that 'Silence is Golden' piece they play before a movie starts and it has a baby crying, some chick talking, some laughter, phone ringing, etc? While the baby was crying, some dude screamed, "Hey, shut that baby up!" I lol for like 5 minutes. :lol

I ALWAYS THINK THAT BABY IS REAL

I swear, every theater reproduces that damn baby sound perfectly :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom