• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Account Linking Reversal

Markio128

Season 6 Love GIF by The Simpsons

They did. But that was something that only came up after the whole stupid drama had got going.
The lawsuits would have came if they did not. You don't take people's money and then shut off the service afterwards. It is not a stupid drama, it is a real mistake that needed fixing. And it was fixed because customers complained, as they should.

PC gamers know their rights, you need to earn their business.

GHG

Sony was trying to pull MS gold live thingy on PC gamers... they got fucked the same way MS did back then too. without any lubrication too.

This is up there with some of the stupidest false equivalences I've ever read here.

Hugare

PCMR won the fight. Sony has little power against the PC community. let that sink in
Open platform x Walled garden

Much easier to make the rules of the game when you own the ball. But PC is a different ballpark.

There's no detailed reviews on the PS Store, and even with thumb downs, Sony could manipulate them. Its their store after all.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Publishers that force other 3rd party launchers/logins on Steam users right now:

sweating key and peele GIF

All the companies that do this are trash and put out trash games... but for some reason people still keep buying them and signing up for their shitty services. I doubt much will change, beyond companies not being able to just alter shit on whatever whim they like, to benefit them and their shareholders.

Last edited:

feynoob

It's not time yet.

You need at least a few green rats to get perma banned before the mods give me another temp
The rats ship already sank. The few that are here are a endangered species. The mods should put them on protection list, otherwise we might lose all the green rats forever.

GHG

Nah they'll be fine don't worry. They already are. It's the "enemies of steam" that get the short stick when it comes to that. Epic and PS.

I don't think the same scenario arises if they had made the implementation be forced from the day of launch. But overall, in terms of the precedence it sets and the fact that the outcone has been what it is, maybe it's better this way overall (and in the long run).

But I have to say, I didn't see any defence like there has been when I've discussed this concerning other 3rd party launchers and logins via Steam from certain people:

And there have also been the recent infamous "Trojan Horse" thread along with the sea of thieves login requirement threads.

So maybe you have a point.

Last edited:

Holammer

hjgvontcw3e91.gif

Let this be a wake-up call for Sony users. They are charging you 9,99 for cloud saves and online multiplayer access, those are features you get free everywhere else except on consoles. Services that cost Sony [& MS] milli-cents per user. Do you want to remain an obedient slave or choose for yourself?

GHG

So all that energy went into helldivers 2 and league of legends is still a miserable experience now. No outrage no emphatie for those people which is far bigger game than helldivers 2.

Well maybe if league of legends was on Steam then it would allow people to have a voice via the review system.

But as it stands, that isn't the case so everyone involved must suffer in silence.

Joe Biden Oops GIF by The Democrats

DragonNCM

Sony was trying to pull MS gold live thingy on PC gamers... they got fucked the same way MS did back then too. without any lubrication too.

the bullshit you pull on the console idiots, keep it there for your self. bring it to PC and your game is dead. at the end of the day money talks. and Sony like the rest, will kiss your feet for your $. let that sink in.

hopefully next, console gamers will stop being retarded and stop giving money to play online. what a fucking scam. and the idiots keep paying. its amazing !
I can understand I need to pay online gaming if all games are created on servers.......but paying for P2P is total scum.

Fabieter

Why are you bootlicking for Sony?
The community won. Gameover man.

You still dont get it. If you think not following a witch hunt 100% is bootlicking than no one can help you. I was one of the few who called it yesterday that they will reverse it 100%. No one will fight for league of legends tho. That was the main reason I was concerned over the weekend fucking hypocrisy.

GHG

You still dont get it. If you think not following a witch hunt 100% is bootlicking than no one can help you. I was one of the few who called it yesterday that they will reverse it 100%. No one will fight for league of legends tho. That was the main reason I was concerned over the weekend fucking hypocrisy.

The issue is that there's no centralised place where league of legends players can make their voices heard and impact the developer/publisher in a way that actually hurts them in terms of current and future financial reward.

The Steam review and refund system allows for all of this. This is why people need to be more considered about where they decide to purchase their games on PC and it's a big reason why Steam is so popular.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

hjgvontcw3e91.gif

Let this be a wake-up call for Sony users. They are charging you 9,99 for cloud saves and online multiplayer access, those are features you get free everywhere else except on consoles. Services that cost Sony [& MS] milli-cents per user. Do you want to remain an obedient slave or choose for yourself?
Nowadays when people talk about being obedient slaves, I wonder if they wore facemasks and got jabbed so they could use their QR-code to register themselves at some local restaurant or café.

[Crying about] Creating an account seems so petty in light of that.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
It's sad that they will don't drop the requirement next time even if it means worse online experience.

Nah. Next time they’ll have it enabled from day one and not put games for sale in regions where there’s no PSN.

Either way this victory just ensures less PC ports, less integration. Good job 👍

Anyone who sees the Helldivers 2 sales numbers and thinks the next step is ‘less PC ports’ is really Misguided.

Should have been pressuring a rollout of PSN to those countries that lack it but typical PCMR….

You should be thanking Valve. Now a precedence has been set, there’s much more incentive for Sony to expand PSN so they can sell their games in more regions.
People have been filling petitions for nearly a decade begging Sony to officially support PSN in their country.

feynoob

You are just making excuses for Sony here.

PC fans have been getting outraged for all types of stuff.

This was a big deal due to the community and getting shaft on by Sony. If this was day 1 shit, the outrage wouldn't have been his huge.

This is fantastic news - people have more power than they realize, at least on an open platform like PC and Steam reviews are huge part of it.

Still, it would be great if Sony finally made PSN officially available worldwide - it is ridiculous that it is still not supported officially in 2/3 of the world.

The only ones salty are dumb console fanboys - and they deserve to be salty. Forever.
This was handled terribly all around, but PC players should expect every upcoming Sony GAAS, including Concord later this year, will make you link a PSN account. And a Playstation launcher is most likely coming in the next couple years as well. There really is no changing that

Top Bottom