• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official in-costume cast photos for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They don't look rough though.

They just look old.

I meant they'd be aged prematurely from the traumatic things they witnessed and experienced during their formative years, not that they'd literally look like course grit sand paper.

I first thought i read the name wrong but it is really Hermione.

She being black is kinda weird choice. Did i miss some story what explains this?

I cant really see Emma Watson in there.

Edit: Oh my bad its a theatre sideshow and not a movie they are making haha. Was really confused.

HStallion

I first thought i read the name wrong but it is really Hermione.

She being black is kinda weird choice. Did i miss some story what explains this?

I cant really see Emma Watson in there.

Edit: Oh my bad its a theatre sideshow and not a movie they are making haha. Was really confused.

Apparently her race is never actually mentioned in the books but I can't honestly remember its been so long since I read them.

PSqueak

Banned
Has this been posted?

Ron, Hermione, and daughter Rose. Things are gonna get salty

This is some serious bullshit...

That man ain't a ginger! what the hell?! #notmyron

Apparently her race is never actually mentioned in the books but I can't honestly remember its been so long since I read them.

Yes it was, dig up the thread from when this was originally announced, someone posted a scan of the books mentioning Hermione being white.

But in any case, why would there be a need to explain this? it's just an actress choice, no one should have a problem with this and it sure as hell shouldn't need an explanation.

HStallion

This is some serious bullshit...

That man ain't a ginger! what the hell?! #notmyron

Yes it was, dig up the thread from when this was originally announced, someone posted a scan of the books mentioning Hermione being white.

But in any case, why would there be a need to explain this? it's just an actress choice, no one should have a problem with this and it sure as hell shouldn't need an explanation.

It doesn't bother me anyway, someone mentioned the not mentioning her race thing earlier in the thread. Its been years since I read Harry Potter, Dumbledore was Samoan right?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just like the later films, way too much "muggle clothing" and not enough wizard robes. It doesn't look like they're from some magical world.

He's probably a pretty troubled kid. I would be, if I was Harry Potter's son.

kkOF6pi.png

Lagamorph

That Harry is totally cheating on Ginny. Like... using the Cloak of Invisibility while Ginny was in the same room.
To be honest, when I was reading The Cursed Child I genuinely thought Harry and Hermione were going to be revealed to be having an affair with how parts of it were written.

It's a much better watch than it is a read.
Agreed. The book doesn't read well, but the play is a totally different experience that redeems the whole thing. I absolutely loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom