• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Battlefield Has Never Looked So Good - Official Valkyria Chronicles Import Thread

I thought I'd share a few more shots from my own LE.

valkyria_06.jpg

valkyria_07.jpg

valkyria_08.jpg

valkyria_09.jpg

valkyria_10.jpg

valkyria_11.jpg

valkyria_12.jpg

valkyria_13.jpg

valkyria_inside_1.jpg

valkyria_inside_2.jpg

The tank's turret snaps on to the bottom portion, but I didn't do that because it looks like once it's snapped into place you can't remove it (in case you're wondering why it looks kind of funny). The tank also moves on its own if you put some batteries in (complete with on/off switch).

jiggle

Kyoufu said:
When you press R1 to aim, yes, unlimited time to shoot where you want. The evade basically has the enemy ducking or going prone. Its not a 100% evade as they can be critically damaged if you aimed at their feet.

Ah, ok, good to know. I suck at aiming.

Kyoufu

rykomatsu said:
alicia figure looks scary...wish they included Yeady instead :p

Isn't her name "Eady?"

Thats how she pronounces it in the game.

FredFish said:
Hopefully SEGA is rewarded for their efforts with some decent sales. Is there any buzz for this in Japan?

I read there was only 100k pre-orders. PS3 games dont sell more than 300k over there anyway :p

Hcoregamer00 said:
I don't see pictures of Selvaria on the artbook pictures.

She's in there, but such a beauty is meant for my eyes only. :D

Joking aside, if someone doesn't beat me to it I will take a shot of Selvaria (not at home right now).

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Dead to Rights said:
She's in there, but such a beauty is meant for my eyes only. :D

Joking aside, if someone doesn't beat me to it I will take a shot of Selvaria (not at home right now).

You better, and then post your highest resolution picture.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but the perma death is actually well done. Once they fall you actually have a chance to save them. Just run up to them with a character and a medic will automatically come in and rush them off the battlefield.

Not sure exactly what happens when you leave them, but I think it's over if the enemy approaches your fallen comrade.

Game is awesome btw. I was sold from the moment the kid found a tank in his garage. :)

The fourth mission actually gave me some trouble because I made some stupid mistakes. Lots of fun though!

Would give more detailed impressions but I am busy at work today.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BudokaiMR2 said:
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but the perma death is actually well done. Once they fall you actually have a chance to save them. Just run up to them with a character and a medic will automatically come in and rush them off the battlefield.

Not sure exactly what happens when you leave them, but I think it's over if the enemy approaches your fallen comrade.

Game is awesome btw. I was sold from the moment the kid found a tank in his garage. :)

The fourth mission actually gave me some trouble because I made some stupid mistakes. Lots of fun though!

Would give more detailed impressions but I am busy at work today.

Finished Mission 3 today. I really like how you can use tanks to break through walls and barriers. You can just blow away cover with your tank if you want to leave enemies out in the open. That is just plain awesome.

thetrin said:
Finished Mission 3 today. I really like how you can use tanks to break through walls and barriers. You can just blow away cover with your tank if you want to leave enemies out in the open. That is just plain awesome.

Haha it was Mission 3 where a tank busts through a wall in front of your team right? Surprised the shit out of me. lol

Mission 4 is good fun. One thing I will say. Do NOT leave people in the towers. After they fire you can have them climb down. I left a sniper up my first time through and a tank blew her ass off from across the field :eek:

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BudokaiMR2 said:
Haha it was Mission 3 where a tank busts through a wall in front of your team right? Surprised the shit out of me. lol

Mission 4 is good fun. One thing I will say. Do NOT leave people in the towers. After they fire you can have them climb down. I left a sniper up my first time through and a tank blew her ass off from across the field :eek:

When that tank blew through the wall, he happened upon the WRONG squad. I had three anti-tankers sitting right there. Killed him in one turn. :lol

Vito

Banned
My yesasia shipping estimate was switched from apirl 24th to may 7th and they have a no cancelation policy.... that'll teach me to order at their store... -_-

Defuser

Apparently the shops I went to didn't the game nor they heard from their distributor about it. :(

Sega must have really kept this a low profile if the game shops I went didn't have nor heard it,I mean those shops I went to always get JP games on the same day or even earlier than Japan.

Looks like I can only get the game next week but in conflict because of GTA4 :(

besada

Banned
I just got a remote-controlled tank from Valkyria for Mainichi Issyo.

I wish this was out int the States already.

rykomatsu

OatmealMu said:
So... The glowing blue things on the back of the tanks... Is that ever explained?

it:s the tank's weakpoint...power core or radiator or something....i think in one of the previews it was said that it's a power core containing ragnite...at the akiba event, the sega staffer said it was a radiator. It's the one part on the tank that will take damage from a non-tank/non-antitank unit

batbeg

So as cool as the map thing is, is there an option to make it so you don't have to zoom out to it just to switch to another character/turn? It seems like it could get slow if you're confident of your enemies position and just want to move another soldier up front, as in Blim's video.

All I'm really worried about though is whether or not I'll have a PS3 by fall. I so need this :(

Id.

Hopefully my copy arrives next week. From the impressions posted here, the game seems to deliver big time; and that's a good thing!

kiryogi

Banned
Finally got it earlier today, but didn't touch it until a few hours later. I admit my hype for this really wasn't as high as it used to be. I wasn't even feeling it up until right before playing it. But finally getting my own hands on it...I really think this is the best PS3 game I've played yet. And really, the movies don't do this as much justice as seeing it for yourself.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
This game looks incredible, and you should all buy it to support:
inventive gameplay
unique visual aesthetic
SEGA's few remaining quality games

BeeDog

Nice video. What I like so far about the game by watching these is that the overall presentation seems very slick and responsive. The movement etc. seems really fast, and I like the switch between the gameplay view and the map view. Very slick overall.

Zeed

Banned
I hope the LE comes out in the US. I've been waiting for this game for a very long time. It was one of my main motivations in getting a PS3.

rykomatsu

Jesus christ my copy's been stuck in San Francisco for 2 days now and it still hasn't been fkin delivered...pissed as hell atm...

kay

zoku88 said:
is that good or bad for Japan?
I think it is good for the type of game but bad for how good it is. It will sell a bit better than Disgaea 3, which is already an established series. My question is.. WHY NO DEMO?

Kyoufu

kay said:
I think it is good for the type of game but bad for how good it is. It will sell a bit better than Disgaea 3, which is already an established series. My question is.. WHY NO DEMO?

Demos for RPGs are usually a bad idea IMO.

Paracelsus

zoku88 said:
is that good or bad for Japan?

Who cares about Japan. The question is:

"Is that good or bad for Sega?"

Imagining how much did the development cost, it isn't. They have to hope for a Western miracle, but I doubt it's going to be different here.

kay

Kyoufu said:
Demos for RPGs are usually a bad idea IMO.
It would be simple to do, set up a stage with a walkthrough and then through in a cutscene and there you go. How would it be a bad thing if it comes after release? Or just before even, people would still buy it anyway and some may like it who might have had no interest.

rykomatsu

there should be a demo...at the akihabara event there was passing mention of it on one of their laminated description notecards...limited to 15min gameplay or something.

FredFish

kassatsu said:
First day sales: 41K (34K regular, 7K LE, 50% sell through)

Not too bad for a non-franchise PS3 release. Going by the number shipped they'll probably be pleased with an LTD anywhere north of 100k. Will be interesting to see if word of mouth gives it enough legs to get there.

Zeed

Banned
Kyoufu said:
- The director of Valkyria, Shuntaro Tanaka also directed Skies Of Arcadia for Dreamcast. Because of this, both Vyse and Aika make cameos as playable characters.
Holy fucking shit I did not know that.

Top Bottom