• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Stratford CEX has it in stock for anyone nearby. Ask about the free game in case they're second hand copies though.
Somebody bought it. Edmonton has a copy though. £40 is surprisingly cheap for pre-release though...(though I hope CeX realises nobody is going to bite these during the promo period if they lack the CN code)

I had actually completely forgotten about the free game offer. I have them all other than Wii Party U and Game and Wario. Any recommendations? I'm kind of edging towards Wario.
Wii Party U obviously needs multiplayer for most enjoyment while Game & Wario has a bit more single player focus I gather.

Hasney

Between the two of them, I'd go Game & Wario. Some of the games are actually fun (Gamer, Taxi, Patchwork) and a couple of the others are at least neat novelties worth trying (Shutter and Ski). Plus it's got Pictionary. Who doesn't love Pictionary?

Gamer is fantastic. Would have been a great downloadable title on its own for about £15.

Heh... tempted to try and find a copy of this tonight. Not a huge MK person but the hype is infectious.

Anyone happen to spot any copies in the wild in Orange County? Preferably around Costa Mesa/Huntington Beach/Newport Beach area?

pulsemyne

I played this at GameStop recently and it was jaggies galore. Like some if the worst I've ever seen.

That won't be in the retail relead right?

The reason for the jaggies was probably due to a poorly setup TV and standing right on top of it. It won't be so noticeable when you sat at home on your own TV.

Hobohodo

For people who have it, can we not see stats for cars any more or am I being stupid?

And I swear in the past we could tail items and have one in reserve still, will take some getting used to that.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
My very awesome dad purchased this for me in Glasgow today, I won't be home from work for another few hours though.

So excited! My NNID again is jkac91

Chopper

Still no email with the photo proof, and looking through my order history, the only other time when they didn't the photo was last year for the collectors edition of FFXIV, but I still got it the day before release.
BOOM!

Got my email. I didn't realise Shopto shipped first class. I have a day off tomorrow! I am so excited!!

Mikke

For people who have it, can we not see stats for cars any more or am I being stupid?

And I swear in the past we could tail items and have one in reserve still, will take some getting used to that.

You have to press a button (+ I believe) to show the stats.

AzerPhire

Are you able to redeem your Club Nintendo code already and get the free game? How long does it take for it to show up in your account?

KHlover

Banned
QlnsLYu.jpg

GameStop in Karlsruhe Herrenstraße sold it :D

Interesting tidbit: Big chains "breaking street dates" actually had that approved by Nintendo. The demand for MK8 is just that big. I actually didn't know this until a GameStop employee I chatted to told me about it.

Pretty cool actually :D

Kind of reposting from the Mario Kart in Stock thread but I was wondering of anyone in Saint Louis has found an early copy yet? If so I would love to know where. THANKS!

Yes. There's already plenty to play on the console, plus you'll have MK and you'll be ready for any further major releases down the line.

You could also wait until E3 and see if the future prospects interest you.

But, for now the value isn't bad with the bundle, especially considering the FREE GAME.

I think I'm gonna do it. Hopefully I can walk into GameStop on Friday and just get a bundle.

Peterthumpa

For those already with the game, how does it look on the gamepad? Is aliasing less pronounced? Can't wait to dive into some Mario Kart later tomorrow.

klodeckel

Banned
Okay, trying this again.

I want to buy the Wii U MK8 bundle IN A FEW MINUTES, I really just need an answer on this question since Google does not help me!

Could someone tell me the controller layout for this game with the Wii U Pro controller?

Can I still accelerate with A and use drift with B? Item with X and/or LT?

Please GAF :D

CoolS

Yes Mario Kart get. Saturn in Regensburg already has it and all bundles out in the open.

Currently uploading the first clip to youtube. Gamr looks amazing, 50CC is to slow though ^^

Cosmozone

Damn. Long weekend here and I couldn't resist. Got the keychain edition, that box is bigger than it should be. But it's the same price. Saturn broke the street day as usual.

Is this free game only for existing Club Nintendo members? I'm planning on buying a Wii U bundle and haven't played a Nintendo system online before

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
You don't need a WiiMote Plus for steering wheel driving in this game right? Works like MKWii?

I only have the dongle attachment for Plus and not a remote with it built in, and I much prefer looking silly with a wheel while racing.

Still no dispatch from Nintendo's online store, if it dispatches tomorrow and they are using their standard free delivery I have no idea how it could arrive on time.

When I ordered link between worlds from them it was dispatched on the Tuesday and didn't come till the Friday morning..

MicH

Can you play split screen with one player on TV and the other on the tablet screen?
Unfortunately, you can't
You don't need a WiiMote Plus for steering wheel driving in this game right? Works like MKWii?

I only have the dongle attachment for Plus and not a remote with it built in, and I much prefer looking silly with a wheel while racing.
Yeah, you don't need Remote Pluses

GameStop in Karlsruhe Herrenstraße sold it :D

Interesting tidbit: Big chains "breaking street dates" actually had that approved by Nintendo. The demand for MK8 is just that big. I actually didn't know this until a GameStop employee I chatted to told me about it.

Pretty cool actually :D
Similar thing happened with Pokemon XY in the UK.

Is this free game only for existing Club Nintendo members? I'm planning on buying a Wii U bundle and haven't played a Nintendo system online before
Since it is for registering the game it should be open for new members who register the game in the qualifying period.

Tom_Cody

Okay, trying this again.

I want to buy the Wii U MK8 bundle IN A FEW MINUTES, I really just need an answer on this question since Google does not help me!

Could someone tell me the controller layout for this game with the Wii U Pro controller?

Can I still accelerate with A and use drift with B? Item with X and/or LT?

Please GAF :D
I don't understand the nature of your question. Why is this important to you?

I can't imagine not drifting and using items with the shoulder buttons.

Slixshot

Banned
All the talk about this game makes me really want to pick it up... but I have so many other games to play that it doesn't even make sense for me to do so...

Top Bottom