• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Schedule, General Information, and FAQ

Volotaire

So which links are we watching in 2.5 hours? Gametrailers?

Gametrailers will start earliest, than IGN and Polygon 15 minutes later. Half an hour after IGN starts Microsoft, so Twitch, Giantbomb will start. Gamespot too will stream .

Will replays go up pretty quickly?

Less than 24 hours before the event, suddenly I'm inescapably busy during both MS and Sony's shows.

Streams should go up quickly, keep an eye on Spoiler Free Thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831274

Volotaire

I hope there will be streams that aren't twitch. It's the only streaming site blocked at work.

Go figure.

Plenty.

GT(gametrailers), Youtube livestreams some, IGN, Gamespot (feed from Twitch), Giantbomb (Twitch feed), Amazon (new this year). Most game websites will also embed the Twitch feed.

Anyone know if Nintendos Digital thing (the pseudo conference) will be available to watch right away after it airs? I'll be in a meeting right as it starts and I'd like to watch the whole thing without reading any spoilers.

Volotaire

Any good liveblogs?

I'm not sure if they are 'good', but Joystiq will have one.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/09/xbox-e3-2014-liveblog-on-joystiq/

Some others

http://www.stuff.tv/microsoft/e3-2014/microsoft-e3-2014-live-blog/news

http://communityvoices.post-gazette...-microsoft-e3-2014-press-conference-live-blog

Anyone know if Nintendos Digital thing (the pseudo conference) will be available to watch right away after it airs? I'll be in a meeting right as it starts and I'd like to watch the whole thing without reading any spoilers.

It should be archived on Twitch, so right away. Also Nintendo have a god track record of uploading the Direct soon after its done Youtube. Check Spoiler Free Thread also for links after http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831274

DaBoss

I made a schedule of everything Nintendo is doing.
playnintendoe3tqcra.png

There may be mistakes, so please point it out.

Volotaire

Probably been asked already, but why are mods locking hype threads again? Don't really see the point.

Not too sure, I think it's because of some of the hysteria in the Ninty thread last year (the PM'ing) and the high expectations of conferences followed by loads of angry threads after it finishes.

LuuKyK

I think I will manage to watch the first conference of the day live (MS right?). The rest will have to be based on archives and spoiler-free threads. I guess its better than nothing at least.

Probably been asked already, but why are mods locking hype threads again? Don't really see the point.

Because the "hype threads" provide no useful information at this point besides drive by posting, and proper/official conference threads are going up an hour (IIRC) before the conferences start so there will be plenty of time to "hype" on those.

Drewfonse

So, I'm going to record the MS and EA conferences on Spike TV here in the US, but they don't seem to be broadcasting the Sony one. Is Sony's not being shown on regular TV?

My iPad doesn't stream well, and I like to watch these things on my nice TV.

Volotaire

So, I'm going to record the MS and EA conferences on Spike TV here in the US, but they don't seem to be broadcasting the Sony one. Is Sony's not being shown on regular TV?

No Sony on Spike, but the stream carries on the Gametrailers site.

Frolow

Banned

Only Microsoft and EA are going to be broadcasted on TV this year.

DaBoss

My guess is they don't really add anything. It would just be a community thread on the gaming side till E3 is over. There is no discussion going on most of the time in the hype threads and it is just pure (somewhat artificial) hype.
Oh god this twitch chat.
Don't use the Twitch chat lol.

Also, you should hide it since the chat can make the stream stutter for some reason.

On gametrailers.com it says "All Access Live begins 9 a.m. PT", and in the OP they wanted to start with some Driveclub at 8.45 a.m.... is this still a thing or...?

My guess is they don't really add anything. It would just be a community thread on the gaming side till E3 is over. There is no discussion going on most of the time in the hype threads and it is just pure (somewhat artificial) hype.

Don't use the Twitch chat lol.

Also, you should hide it since the chat can make the stream stutter for some reason.

Cant someone make a GAF chat room on Twitch?

Akai__

I created a custom Twitch chat. Quoting myself from an other thread:

Is everybody watching on Twitch? If so, I created a custom chat room for us, so we don't need to read the whole E3 chat. If you have interest, PM me with your Twitch user name please and I will invite you to the chat room.

I also enabled "Allow anyone to invite other Twitch users", so you can invite everyone you want.

For those curious, how this looks:

http://i.imgur.com/vrNiHWI.gif

Still trying to figure out if I'm going to go with the Twitch or GameTrailers stream. I dunno which is going to be better and if GT's stream is hosted on their site, I'm worried their retarded ad set up will break the stream if I don't disable Adblock and NoScript.

ekim

Hm... What is Microsoft supposed to show in the preshow? I'm debating whether to watch the Gametrailers or the MS preshow.

Volotaire

Still trying to figure out if I'm going to go with the Twitch or GameTrailers stream. I dunno which is going to be better and if GT's stream is hosted on their site, I'm worried their retarded ad set up will break the stream if I don't disable Adblock and NoScript.

Have you got two devices? You could load up one one each and compare for the first few mins.

Hm... What is Microsoft supposed to show in the preshow? I'm debating whether to watch the Gametrailers or the MS preshow.

Not sure, but of course it will be skewed towards Microsoft coverage, so if that makes a difference, there's a factor.

GavinUK86

For the past god knows how many years I've always stuck with GameTrailers. Their streams are always great and never get interrupted with ads like your talking about. I usually have a window open for GT and another for some chat. Maybe gaf's irc if I can find a link in time.

Oh, and for some reason I'm not a member of the gaf steam community anymore. I used to be, last time I used it. Weird. Can someone send me over an invite please? I'm GavinUK86 on Steam too. Thanks.

I want to see the sony conference but I have work tomorrow :(

guess I'll watch the microsoft conference
I'm rather curious about quantum break

Zoned

Actively hates charity
So what site are we using for chat? Tiny chat (link posted on first page) or twitch chat or something else?

Volotaire

Does anyone know how to view this on Windows Phone? I might as well set it up just in case.

Apparently there is an IGN app on Windows Phone. For all else, I guess you would have to rely on internet browser. Youtube third party apps may work for some livestreaming of conferences.

Top Bottom