• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Spades

tumblr_n7l707FJDm1qiv7luo1_1280.jpg

BIGT468

Here ya go shortt

talonslickssmall.jpg

and a vid from the dyno

http://youtu.be/4WsvcZTNCyY

Garrett GT4202 Turbocharger
KAIZENSPEED Twin 44mm Tial wastegate, DIVIDED T4 manifold (forward facing)
FFWD Butchered and knife edged crank -Wiseco 9:1 comp HD Pistons Groden Aluminum Rods
BJ's Cylinder heads ported head with FP5R/FP11 cams kiggly beehive springs
JM Fabrications drag intake manifold
2100cc ID Injectors w/ magnafuel fuel pump
PWR Air/Water intercooler with icebox
Sparktech coil on plug ignition
2nd gen IPT auto trans
Boostin performance built transfer case with billet bearing cover
DSS axles and driveshaft
Tuned by Devin at boostin performance

P.S: Turn 10 I want a first gen in forza 6 please ! :)

Spades

Trying to get some organisation here so I've created a spreadsheet.

Quote me for the link!

Please can you each go in and add your:

- team name
- Gamertag
- race number
- you can add your joker track now if you know what it's going to be, but remember you both must agree on it as it is the same joker track per team, not per driver

Just want to make sure we're all aware who our team mates are and we're good to go, etc. Thanks!

Bump - can everyone please update this, guys? If people can't make it we need to rework some of the teams.

Well guys, I've been working hard in something, since it's (almost) the 10th anniversary of the Ring in Forza (apart from the game itself) I thought it would be nice to have a video series with insight on every version of the track, with a final video comparing differences between versions.

And I did it.

Forza Motorsport 1

Forza Motorsport 2

Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 4

Forza Motorsport 5

Forza Motorsport Comparative Mix

Hope you like it!

Fantastic work! Looking back on FM4, I really do not like that it was so foggy in the distance.

HeliosT10

Well guys, I've been working hard in something, since it's (almost) the 10th anniversary of the Ring in Forza (apart from the game itself) I thought it would be nice to have a video series with insight on every version of the track, with a final video comparing differences between versions.

And I did it.

Forza Motorsport 1

Forza Motorsport 2

Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 4

Forza Motorsport 5

Hope you like it!

Awesome work, very impressive. Sending you a PM :)

Spades

Cant believe I had to miss yesterday. Amazing shots by the way... Cannot wait till next weeks race.

Hopefully everyone who has said they want to be in the championship will sort out their team name/livery and update the spreadsheet so we can start on Sunday as planned. I'll PM everyone who hasn't responded since.

A few amendments/confirmations for the series:

- Races will be around 30 mins in length, so I'll update the lap count for each race
- Cars will be stock with no tune/setup allowed
- Tyre wear will be enabled
- Joker track will score double team points

First race, Nürburgring:
t1404064800z1.png

Excite.

So just jumped in with the Amazon deal, and I'm consiering getting a wheel for it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel for Xbox One?

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-458-Spider-Racing-Wheel/dp/B00IVHQ0KI/ref=sr_1_12?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1403014337&sr=1-12&keywords=racing+wheel

I know it lacks real force feedback, but I can' justify a wheel that costs a few hundred dollars. Even this one at $99 is pushing it.

Thanks for any input!!!

I am also curious on what wheel Race GAF uses... what are you guys using? Seeing as there are only really 3 or 4 wheels to choose from.

Then just use the controller. It's fucking awesome and better than that trash wheel.

Guessing this was in response to my question?

Can you give me some more detail? (Input isn't accurate/poor build quality/the fake bungie cord thing doesn't work/etc)

Thanks!

So just jumped in with the Amazon deal, and I'm consiering getting a wheel for it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel for Xbox One?

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-458-Spider-Racing-Wheel/dp/B00IVHQ0KI/ref=sr_1_12?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1403014337&sr=1-12&keywords=racing+wheel

I know it lacks real force feedback, but I can' justify a wheel that costs a few hundred dollars. Even this one at $99 is pushing it.

Thanks for any input!!!

Buying a wheel is a big investment.

Do you have a stand/rig to hook it up to (unless you game on a desk) is another cost to consider.

The lack of Force Feedback is a drawback, and would say to save up your money for the TX wheel. Even then as an owner I would say to also buy the T3pa pedals because the stock brake pedal kind of sucks.

So in conclusion if you are going to jump in for a wheel, dive into the deep end rather then wade in shallow section.

Buying a wheel is a big investment.

Do you have a stand/rig to hook it up to (unless you game on a desk) is another cost to consider.

The lack of Force Feedback is a drawback, and would say to save up your money for the TX wheel. Even then as an owner I would say to also buy the T3pa pedals because the stock brake pedal kind of sucks.

So in conclusion if you are going to jump in for a wheel, dive into the deep end rather then wade in shallow section.

Kind of sounds like I should hold off then until I'm sure I'm going to pour some real time into it.

That said, how bad of a disadvatage will I be at using the control?

zorbsie

Kind of sounds like I should hold off then until I'm sure I'm going to pour some real time into it.

Soundscream is the only one who used a wheel in the first Forza GAF league we did. Out of 40 races he came in first once. The controller is just fine. Practice will help more than the peripheral. Sorry SoundScream, too soon? :)

Soundscream is the only one who used a wheel in the first Forza GAF league we did. Out of 40 races he came in first once. The controller is just fine. Practice will help more than the peripheral. Sorry SoundScream, too soon? :)

I wish there were more peripherals that allowed for manual. Shifting with or without the clutch on the controller feels alien and annoying. I would completely spring for an entire race setup just to do manual naturally.

Lima

Remember what I said on Saturday though. He had more fun that all of you.

It's like measuring fps. Is 60 more fun per seconds or not? You tell me.

Fuck All Yall Canadians!

I have only been using the wheel for the past 2 races, I only used it offline before

I'm about 6 seconds faster with a controller. Which is why I have switched to the wheel exclusively because A) Its more fun and B) I need the practice.

Edit: and I don't use ANY assist..................................unlike some others!

And I did it.

Forza Motorsport 1

Forza Motorsport 2

Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 4

Forza Motorsport 5

Hope you like it!

Both the Enzo and especially the 'Ring have come a long way over the years, and you couldn't ask for a better comparison to show the differences. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, JP. The effort certainly shows.

FM1 holds up surprisingly well in terms of visuals, as does FM2's engine audio, and while I didn't mind the overcast lighting in FM3 and 4 at the time, looking back, they look incredibly dreary. Many good things have been said of FM5's rendition of the 'Ring, all deserved. Totally worth the wait.

I seem to have misplaced my copies of FM1 and 2; gonna have to find them, or buy them on the cheap, and replay those oldies but goodies.

Both the Enzo and especially the 'Ring have come a long way over the years, and you couldn't ask for a better comparison to show the differences. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, JP. The effort certainly shows.

FM1 holds up surprisingly well in terms of visuals, as does FM2's engine audio, and while I didn't mind the overcast lighting in FM3 and 4 at the time, looking back, they look incredibly dreary. Many good things have been said of FM5's rendition of the 'Ring, all deserved. Totally worth the wait.

I seem to have misplaced my copies of FM1 and 2; gonna have to find them, or buy them on the cheap, and replay those oldies but goodies.

Yeah, I don't know if it was the lighting or what but F1 Ring actually looked really good. I was shocked by how well it holds up.

Revson

The majority of the fastest Forza players use a controller. There really isn't much difference between wheel and pad in terms of lap times in the Forza series.

It's all down to what you're comfortable playing with.

p3tran

Banned
wow! some great stuff last page, like BigT's big turbo setup (I kind of wandered if bigt meant bigturbo). On your youtube video you say above 700hp, and thats a freakin' mustang dyno so thats wheel power not crank, right?
and mustang in general is not a dyno that makes you happy usually. so well done bt, enjoy 8)

and also jorge pinto;s videos.. thats something I kind of tested on my own six months ago, not with the ring but you know, everything else. very well done too.

about sunday, sorry guys I missed the proper race, but it was a full day,
I had my birthday
and became very difficult to make it. I did manage to jump in for two of our races though, eventhough I could not find the mic :)

next obligation I have, is on he 28th, but other than that I should be good... :)

Spades

about sunday, sorry guys I missed the proper race, but it was a full day,
I had my birthday
and became very difficult to make it. I did manage to jump in for two of our races though, eventhough I could not find the mic :)

next obligation I have, is on he 28th, but other than that I should be good... :)

No worries bud,
and happy birthday!
You didn't miss a "proper race" - we just played around on a few different tracks. Real racing starts this Sunday!

Spades

Big thank you to everyone as it looks like the entry list is pretty much complete and ready to go!

tumblr_n7o4ftd5Sh1qiv7luo1_1280.png

Only thing I do need to know is your team name and also your joker track. You don't need to confirm your joker track until before the race you want to play it, so no rush for that. I would like your team name before Sunday though if possible! :)

Big thank you to everyone as it looks like the entry list is pretty much complete and ready to go!

tumblr_n7o4ftd5Sh1qiv7luo1_1280.png

Only thing I do need to know is your team name and also your joker track. You don't need to confirm your joker track until before the race you want to play it, so no rush for that. I would like your team name before Sunday though if possible! :)

Do you have a list of the tracks we will be racing?

Spades

Do you have a list of the tracks we will be racing?

29th June - Nürburgring GP Circuit
6th July - Long Beach
13th July - Silverstone
20th July - Road America
27th July - Spa Francorchamps
3rd August - Bathurst
10th August - Circuit de Catalunya

Races will be approx 30 mins each and tyre wear will be enabled.

SarBear

29th June - Nürburgring GP Circuit
6th July - Long Beach
13th July - Silverstone
20th July - Road America
27th July - Spa Francorchamps
3rd August - Bathurst
10th August - Circuit de Catalunya

Races will be approx 30 mins each and tyre wear will be enabled.

And the car is stock, but we may tune it correct?

SarBear

The more I think about it......there has to be more car DLC on the way. Has to be. They can't bank all their earnings from season pass holders...due to discounts and promotions.... there has to be something raw where everyone pays. I got that feel, bro.

Top Bottom